posted by  iwonthiscar

CANADA FTW :mrgreen:.

posted by  chris_knows

you should make a poll.

I'm from australia btw. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

USA deep south right here.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

so far its non uk, yes i should of done a poll, never mind we started now and you get a more personnal answer

posted by  iwonthiscar

Usa!!!

posted by  elchango36

Good ol' USA. I have a dentist and everything.

posted by  PontiacFan27

hehe. .. so have you got that ol' southern belle draaawl ???

posted by  windsonian

727 to the 813 I'm USA foreva :mrgreen:

posted by  99integra

People in Louisiana don't have that "southern belle" accent. At least not in the New Orleans area. It is a myth, and I hate the way movies portray us. I don't see any f*ckin' cajuns!! We don't say "Naw-lin's"! Crawfish is a seasonal food! None of us where beads outside of Mardi Gras!

posted by  What

I made a poll for ya, hope ya don't mind!

I am from the UK by the way! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Ask Bronxie lol

posted by  SyntheticTrust

yep, love that big easy lifestyle ... haha. I don't think you have got too much to complain about the way you're portrayed. I'm sure you yanks get foreigners more wrong. I'm not even going to start on Aus/SAf/NZ, but I do like the way on Frasier how Mancy Daphne has a cockney brother (played by an Aussie no less :mrgreen: )

why? is he your online boyfriend? good for him

posted by  windsonian

The NZ accent really irritates me....no offence to any NZers here, lol.

posted by  Cliffy

I said "Other" because Texas is its own country.

Oh, wait. Damnit. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

It's the Scottish influence on the vowels. They only have three pronounced vowels e, o & u :mrgreen:

Windsonian, I don't think a southerner would consider himself a yank. That was a contraction from the English and Dutch settlers derogatorially calling each other Jankes. So it's really only applicable to New Englanders, although a lot of less than savoury sailors called themselves yankees.

posted by  Wally

touche' ... didn't think too hard about that one now you mention it.... should clean this black off before talking to mr kettle.

posted by  windsonian

Your Message