KTR- Travelling through Portugal

Home  \  Off Topic  \  KTR- Travelling through Portugal

As some of you know, I've been travelling through Portugal (south-western Europe) and I took some pictures that I'd like sharing with you.

May I upload them? There are only 8 or 10. If you think uploading them is a waste of bandwidth I won't do it.
Feel free to tell what do you prefer.

Anyway, I took the following picture thinking on BavarianWheels:

posted by  karburator

IMO i'd say just go for it Karb.. :mrgreen: But then i'm not a mod..lol.. :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Gra(thias) en pen(thar) en mi...amigo!!

I hope that translates to a good Spanish accent using English phonetics... :laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  BavarianWheels

:thumbs:

There were many BMW 1602 like that, and most of them had good looking.

posted by  karburator

with the pics....i guess we can make an exception with you. upload away! :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

^ What he said... fire away karb! :thumbs:

posted by  Unfedfat

Here we go!

mini┬┐.jpg >>> Leaving Porto towards Lisbon I saw this Mini. I had never seen one like this. The guy noticed I was pretending to take a photo if his Mini, then he approched to our car to make easier taking the pic.

old2.jpg >>> In Lisbon I found this old model parked in Avenida da Liberdade (Liberty Ave.). I suppose his owner took it out to do a Sunday riding. Does anybody know what car is it? The modern one is a Lancia Delta like mine's, but using a 1.4 engine that were not sold in Spain. I saw several 1.4 Deltas like hits one here.

carro.jpg >>> Have a look to the last trends in transportation -- in XVIII century :laughing:
This chariot was inside an Oporto's wine cellar. Its owner was the woman that founded Ferreira Cellars, in Porto -one of the most famous Oporto's wine cellars.

coupe.jpg >>> I don't know what car is this either. Sorry for the bad quality -I couldn't approach to it. Anyway it was good looking.

posted by  karburator

Following pictures are from landscapes or courious images.

autentic.jpg >>> "Authentic" is the proper word to define Portugal, and this picture is really "authentic" :D. This IS Portugal.

Eiffel.jpg >>> This bridge was built by Gustave Eiffel. Yes, the same Eiffel that built La Tour Eiffel in Paris. The bridge has two platforms -one over the other. Now it's being reformed to include another platform that will allow Porto's subway to cross the river -Douro river.

gaviota.jpg >>> This pic here is also "authentic". Some gulls stole a fish from a near market. The one in the photo took the fish and tried to fly carrying it, but it lost the fish some seconds later.

posted by  karburator

These pictures here are the last ones.

gui 055a.jpg >>> A ship leaving Porto's harbour at dusk -Atlantic Ocean. This was the first time ever I saw the Atlantic.
(Ooooh! This picture is so romaaaaaantic! :laughing: )

SBento1.jpg >>> Inside Porto Sao Bento raiway station. Its a very small station at Porto's city center. Platforms are about 750 ft. long and enter directly into a tunnel.
(Railways are one of my passions after cars and snow sports).

tram.jpg >>> A typical Lisbon's tramway. I went for a ride on one like this.

And that's all folks!!

posted by  karburator

Your Message