Tile's finally in in the new bathroom...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Tile's finally in in the new bathroom...

http://public.fotki.com/Merc63/our-house/

Pictures of tile are near the end.

Last tile was laid about an hour ago. Next comes the grouting, starting Monday after the mortar has finished setting up. It's going to be a LOT of grout. After that, I can put the fixtures in, paint the walls and trim, and install the custom glass panels like in the rendering I had done (which it's starting to look more and more like).

Then I can do the carpeting in the rest of the addition and get my final inspections.

Gotta get pictures of the main house now, too, as it's getting it's new siding on it, matching the addition. And I removed the front porch railing to start building new railing to match the deck.

Man, this homeowner stuff is a lot of work!

posted by  ChrisV

I LOVE your wooden deck.. A lot of people have that dark wood but I like the light wood on yours. You have very pretty home.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

I hope to find out soon. That house has come along very nicely. Tile can be a pain to lay

posted by  Voda48

Nice house chris. your doing a damn fine job :thumbs:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

That looks beautiful, I saw that you were thinking of doing glass brick instead of the sliding doors in your bathroom. My :2cents: are that the sliding full glass doors look a lot nicer but its like having a black car, takes a lot of work to keep it clean, my mom had glass bricks and they just weren't appealing. :2cents:

posted by  99integra

It looks really nice :thumbs:.

It'll look amazing when you finish it all.

posted by  chris_knows

Lookin' great, Chris! I love what you've done with the place. I'd like to do something like that oneday, but DIY has never been mt strong point! :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

We decided against the glass block, mostly due to cost ($5k installed for what we originally wanted), and instead are going with glass panels, Still no door on the shower, as it won't be needed considering how large it is. The pic below is of the glass brick idea...

The grouting is about halfway done now, as is the siding on the main house. Progress is actually pretty rapid, all things considered.

posted by  ChrisV

woah, ive never seen that glass brick stuff before

pretty different I must say

posted by  nighthawk

You have a beautiful home chris, and it just keeps getting better.

posted by  Zalight

Everything is looking good!:thumbs:

posted by  thefonz

Well done ChrisV

My wife (read she who must be obeyed) has informed me that I must build her a new home starting Xmas. I think I might go a classic Aussie homestead = sandstone walls,tin roof and verandahs all round with internal lap pool for this one... about 80 squares living (8000 sq ft). Feel like helping with the project?

posted by  Wally

Love to. Just get me air fare! lol!

Sounds like a huge house.

posted by  ChrisV

Just becareful not to fall asleep in your tub!! Warm bubbles and cozy water..... zzzZZZzzZ

posted by  SyntheticTrust

They're Aussies, they have kangaroos to carry them around everywhere :laughing:.

posted by  chris_knows

I just might take you up on that.

And we all wear drisabone coats, akubra hats and rm williams boots.

posted by  Wally

I knew about the akubra and RM Williams boots, but figured you looked more like this:
http://www.solarnavigator.net/images/paul_hogan_as_michael_j_crocodile_dund ee.jpg

posted by  chris_knows

Well, now the glass is in in the new bathroom. My wife and I installed it yesterday. LOTS of measuring to make sure it went in right, as there was no way of test fitting the large panels of glass (the largest was over 200 lbs of 3/8th inch thick glass).

There is no shower door, as the glass goes down the edge far enough to keep water from splashing on the floor of the bathroom.

Sorry for the quality of the stitched images, but I was in a rush this morning...

http://public.fotki.com/Merc63/our-house/page7.html

posted by  ChrisV

Well that came up alright didn't it. Timeless colours& patterns are always a good choice for bathrooms (and kitchens). Thanks for sharing Chrisv.

posted by  Wally

Great stuff, Chris! I really like that partition between the toilet and the bath area, too.....Is that screen fixed in that possition?

posted by  Cliffy

thats looking (as the locals here say it) Proper job luvva!!!(Cornwall, cant speak proper english:laughing: ) nice little truck too:mrgreen:

posted by  True_Brit

Yeah, all the glass is fixed in position. I still can't believe how much work it was to put it in there, getting it upstairs to start with from where it was delivered, then getting it in around the corners without dropping/breaking the glass. Can't wait to start using it!

posted by  ChrisV

Damn Chris! Your house is looking absolutely amazing! Very well doe.

posted by  Zalight

Your Message