1st speeding ticket..

Home  \  Off Topic  \  1st speeding ticket..

well..i got a trophy, 40mph in a 30 and i got searched so much they owe me dinner..

posted by  99integra

How much do they want? 10 over doesn't sound too serious.

Don't they need a warrant (or probably reason) to search you?

posted by  chris_knows

Haha because of my previous history, but it was a 117 dollar ticket and i got charged with reckless driving. It was actually a 25mph..oops

posted by  99integra

haha i read speeding ticket and thought to myself how on earth did that truck make it past 60 haha jk. that sucks and now so will your insurance.

posted by  salimander13

I got a warning for doing 58 in a 40 zone the other day lol

that sucks though, at least im sure you make more money than me :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

Nope.

posted by  jedimario

I'm betting that in every state they need a reason to search your car. I'm not saying that they need the best reason (looking suspicious is considered probable cause), but in court they will need to give a reason. Border patrol is exempt I imagine.

posted by  giant016

Well yeah he said that he thought he smelled a substance (which is complete bullshit because the car smells like new f*cking leather and thats it) so i just said "sure officer do what u gotta do" and away he sniffed..

posted by  99integra

I got a job at Publix, Schramek's Upholstery and M&R Hauling, a $117 ticket is bad enough but since my insurance as a new driver being $288 a month for the first 3 months and then $220 something after is just a pain in the ass to pay for..

posted by  99integra

10mph pver the limit in a 20mph zone is quite a bit. Obviously if it was 10mph over the limit on a bigger road it wouldn't be as bad. Teggs, was the reason he searched your car more to do with you being an Eminem rap star wannabe? lol....jk

posted by  Cliffy

There was a ruling back during prohibition...I'm pretty sure the supreme court ruled that cars are up there with garbage as far as being searchable. No warrant or anything is needed. I could be wrong.

posted by  jedimario

In Mapp v. Ohio, the judge ruled that "the evidence obtained without a warrant or otherwise in violation of the Fourth Amendment could not be used in state criminal trials."

...I guess having a rep with the police is pretty much probably cause.

posted by  chris_knows

Guess I was wrong.

posted by  jedimario

Teggy, just plead ignorance or cry.. Works every time.

posted by  SyntheticTrust

I wouldn't have known, but remembered reading about it recently.

posted by  chris_knows

I thought you couldn't get charged with reckless driving unless its 20+ over the speed limit...unless you're lying.

posted by  97Talonchik

I was goin 40 in a 25, i just rechecked my ticket

posted by  99integra

I'm fairly sure "reckless" has nothing to do with speed. Driving 30 mph the wrong way in a 45 would be pretty reckless.

posted by  jedimario

Your Message