To explain my absense

Home  \  Off Topic  \  To explain my absense

I've been going to school for automotive mechanics for a while now (UTI) and since I'm done with school now, I got a full time job. I'm working as many hours as I possibly can so I can buy a 2000 SLP Edition Camaro SS. I will get back on here when I finally get my car and have some free time. Till then, I'll pop in every now and then.

posted by  Satty101

dude, welcome back!

posted by  windsonian

Good luck getting your car :)

posted by  Bronxie

Geez, a 2000 Camaro SS? Never seen one of those.:mrgreen:

posted by  giant016

Welcome back...Hope you get the Camaro (and come by Ontario :hi: ) lol

posted by  chris_knows

Welcome back, Satty! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

You've had time for myspace...

:ohnoes:

posted by  Zalight

Not much. Had to downgrade the places I went. I usually go to about....13 forums? I think...

posted by  Satty101

how did u like UTI? what did u take over there? and what was the cost? I am considenring taking it.

posted by  V-Tec

If you want my honest opinion of it, don't waste your time/money. They oversell the campus big time. Granted the drinking made up for some of it, it was still a PITA. And if you need a job down there, don't bother at any shops (at the Glendale Hieghts campus atleast). they're always packed full of UTI student applications. Some of the instructors were cool, some were complete pricks, and some were so boring and mono-tone, you fell asleep within the first hour of class. And no, you can't learn shit with the last two. The cool ones make it a hell of a lotta fun. It was about 21,000 for automotive only. 32,000-ish for auto/diesel/industrial. Industrial is just Hydrolics and Transport Refrigeration. that's it. You can sign up for the ASE tests right at the school which is nice, and their job placement is a complete joke. They basically tell employers where you're going to be living that you graduated and will be looking for a job. That's it. They're really strict as far as dress code goes. Hair length, piercings, tucked in shirt, long pants, work shoes/boots, name tag, everything.

So my honest opinion, it's not worth the money. If you still would like to try for yourself, be my guest. You may think it's great, but I sure didn't.

posted by  Satty101

Did you take Ford FACT or anything?

posted by  Zalight

Nah. I was thinking about taking Toyota but GM is really my passion. I'd rather work on a variety of cars and do all around stuff than work at a dealer for a car company I dis-like. So I work at Firestone pullin in about 320-350 a week. Not too bad for the first full-time job I've had. Helps saving and with car payments. :mrgreen:

posted by  Satty101

You just busting tires over there?

posted by  Zalight

Nah. Alignments, oil changes, suspension work, exhaust every now and then, alternator/battery/starter work, minor engine work, busting tires, tranny work. It's not too bad but yesterday we were DEAD. I worked on maybe 3 cars then sat around for about 7 hours because there was nothing for me to do. :banghead:

posted by  Satty101

Couldn't you sweep the floor?.......:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Washed all 6 bays. still had many hours to do jack shit.

posted by  Satty101

Are You Flat Rate?

posted by  Zalight

Yeah. I get paid for washing the floors though. As well as a guarenteed 30 work hours if I'm there over 40 hours a week. I'm sitting at 41.13 hours right now, and still have to work tomorrow. So we'll see what happens, how many more hours I get in tomorrow. Much busier tomorrow than we have been though, so that's a good sign.

posted by  Satty101

So how much do you get paid? If ya don't mind me asking :thumbs: .....just wanna compare it with the equivelent in the UK :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

12/hr of work.

I no longer get paid for sitting on my ass :cry:

posted by  Satty101

Well good times man! Hopefully my service manager will be throwing me on the line by the end of the summer.

No paying for school FTW.

posted by  Zalight

I have watched this thread with some interest almost from the beginning. Allow me to make some observations, in no particular order, as an employer who recruits and hires recent graduates from schools like UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln Tech, Nashville ADC, etc, and has for several years.

1. The "students" who only put in their time at any of these schools and put out well less than 100% effort are the ones most likely to say things like "don't waste your time/money", "they oversell the campus big time... the drinking made up for some of it", "their job placement is a complete joke", etc. On the other hand, the students who are motivated and interested in learning always seem to find the schools are a great first step when entering this industry and have nothing but good things to say about them and their curriculum.

2. The "graduates" who fit into the first category above have trouble landing that first job or their first job is not what they expected. However, those that fit into the second category are well promoted to employers, well recruited and well employed.

3. Those same people who fit into the first category are also the ones who are unhappy because they don't get "paid to sit on their ass". It goes along with motivation. If someone expects to get paid for every move they make, they are not a hard working and loyal employee. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

Schools of this type (any type really) are only as good as you make them. Coming in and telling me you're a graduate of "School X" means nothing unless you can also tell me why and how it benefited you, and more importantly how it will benefit me. You'll notice that you CAN sign up for ASE certification tests, but not that he DID. Again think motivation.

Finally and specifically for Satty. If you are working for Firestone, that tells me one of two things... Possibly both. Either you are an under achiever and are wasting your education working for slave wages, and yes, I know better than anyone on this forum what a new grad should be worth. Or, you really did waste your time and (probably Daddy's) money going to a school like UTI. You could have stayed at home and gotten drunk. If you truly want to excel, you can. You just have to make the decision, develop a plan and then go after the dream.

posted by  vwhobo

Interesting observation, though for the most part incorrectly observed. I graduated at the..ohh....top 5% of my class I believe. I had the "wanted attitude" to learn about my "passion". Doesn't change my opinion on how over-rated the school is. In case you didn't catch it, it's my PERSONAL OPINION. That's something that's not a proven fact and not something that everyone thinks. I'd imagine that you should know this by now since you were obsessed with imprinting the thought in people's heads when I was last here. Just to clear it up, my EXACT words were "If you want my honest opinion about it".

And I'll admit it, I did get help from my parents to be able to go to UTI. I'm not ashamed of that and it shows just how shallow of a person you are to try and poke fun of me for that. Besides, you mean to tell me that you never ONCE asked for your parents help financially for ANYTHING? That's total bullshit.

As far as my comment on "I can no longer get paid for sitting on my ass" was supposed to be taken as a joke, or sarcasticly. It wasn't a serious comment on me complaining saying I can't be lazy. I'm not stupid. I know that I have to work my ass off to be able to live the way I want to. I don't expect shit to get handed to me. So you can take that little remark and shove it right up your ass if you can squeeze it past your head, since it seems to also be jammed pretty far up your ass.

Lastly, directed mainly towards Hobo, Why do you always browse this board thinking you shit doesn't stink? Are you really that thick headed to truely believe if you make fun of enough people, or bash members/mods enough, that you will be treated like a C-F god? Stop being such an ass and realise you're not better than anyone else here. And just so it's clear, I saw this AFTER I sent you that PM. Don't believe me? Look at the post times. If you have any comments that you would like to discuss with me, use the PM option. That's why it's there. Unless you'd like to show to everyone how big your e-penis is and bash me right in this thread. Either way, I don't give a shit. I'll let you escape with a couple free shots in this thread that are exempt from what was said in the PM (ChrisV aswell).

posted by  Satty101

Satty101 I take exception to your comment which was impicitly directed at me:

I am better than anyone else here, it says so in my Title.

posted by  Wally

Please, you little ass clown, ban me. If it makes you feel like a man for the first time in your pathetic little life to have power that you a) never deserved, or b) don't know how to properly wield, go ahead and do it. Maybe the problem is that I AM still a respected member of this forums and you're just a wanna be with power, that not suprisingly, nobody missed while you were gone.

P.S. If you think anyone is stupid enough to believe that you didn't read this thread before setting off on your little tirade, you're dumber than anyone ever gave you credit for. Somehow it just doesn't seem right for a mod to be making threats and trying to intimidate people with their power... Oh yeah, I forgot. Refer to "a" and "b" above.

P.P.S. Go f*ck yourself.

posted by  vwhobo

If hobo gets banned, this forum is going to be boring as shit, which it pretty much is anyway and believe it or not I actually read hobo's posts because they are the most interesting thing on this forum which has been goin down hill for the last year or so.

*crawls back under rock*

posted by  GreekWarrior

hey, I'm getting banned to, and I haven't even BEEN here in months. Apparently, I'm a horrible person, too.

Thanks for coming back and threatening people, Satty.

posted by  ChrisV

I'll second that, and he does actually help people when they post what they're supposed to post.

posted by  jedimario

For the record guys, Satty is acting on complaints from members, and as such this HAS to be addressed. You guys must understand that having even a few unhappy members is worse than having a member who is allowed to intimidate and harass other members. Maybe that terminology is a bit harsh, but it's the best way to describe it in my opinion. We need to get the message across that NO member is allowed to show complete lack of respect for another person. We all have bad days, and we all (me included) have done our fair share of flaming. But there are boundaries. And the vast majority know how far to go (forget the spammers, they're a different breed as far as I'm concerned! :banghead: ).

There is help to be had here at CF, and there are some very knowledgeable people here. It's just that the image people get of this place is tarnished alot of the time, and that shouldn't be how it is I'm afraid.

posted by  Cliffy

See how many unhappy members you get if hobo's banned...

posted by  jedimario

A) Apparently I did desreve my powers, otherwise I don't think Adam would've made me a mod, let alone a super-mod. B) I don't know how to properly wield my power? Hrm. That's funny. I seem to remember a time that a certain member with the sn of "VWhobo" being a mod at one time, and then he got the powers revoked because of the fact that he abused them. And do you really think I give a shit if people missed me or not? This is an internet forum. Not someplace we all hang out together and loiter.

In response to your "P.S.", I can't prove to you that I sent the PM first and to be honest, I really don't expect you to. Only I know what is true and not. So believe what you will. I don't care. All I can say is I'm not lying. I don't expect you to believe me, but it's not going to have any impact on my day.

In response to your "P.P.S.", No thanks. I have a girlfriend to f*ck me. Don't need to do it myself. I just don't understand why you want people to do it themselves anyway. Obsessed with other people masturbating?:screwy:

I haven't been around in a while either. I was asked to PM you guys telling you to shape up or be banned. Not just by members, but by mods aswell.

BTW, if you think I just came back here to threaten people, you're way off. Again, however, nothing I say will make you believe me.

posted by  Satty101

Just how many members do you think actually frequent this board?

posted by  Wally

Maybe 15-20?

posted by  Satty101

Welcome back, Satty! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

I get what you're sayin cliffy but in all honesty what kind of fourm do you think we have atm? All i'm saying is if you start banning people that have been on here for a long time and that actually post then this will become a dead forum. And i'm not going to even start with the notion of banning ChrisV. If that does happen the total IQ of this forum will drop by 1/3.

posted by  GreekWarrior

I normally try to stay out of this type of stuff. Ya'll ain't right in the head! I've been a member here for about 2 1/2 years, don't post much, but on here just about every day. ChrisV, vwhobo, give the most accurate and useful advice, based on knowledge and experience. They try to teach and share some wisdom here, and people bitch. There's talk of banning because of a few whiny babies. :screwy: Hell, if ya ban them, you can ban me to, I'm sure someone could come with a piss poor excuse.

Wait.....wait......wait........, here it comes........,I can see it coming, .....
time to close this thread

posted by  thefonz

Anyone, including "the mods" could have pm'd me just as easily as they pm'd you. No one has. Please, point out the threads where I've given someone some response they didn't fully deserve. Cliffy? How about you?

Or is this in response to the ONE thread about torque and horsepower? Jcutch could've pm'd me as easy as anyone. I got nothing.

posted by  ChrisV

The only problem here Chris is that he's a power hungry little prick that is stupid enough to do the bidding a few whiney bitches. You know, Cliffy and I have gone round in circles about his moderating, but there's one thing I've always said. At least Cliffy genuinely wants what's best for this forum even if we don't always agree on what that is. Somebody else only wants what he wants just because he wants it, and the powers that be were bound and determined to make him a mod no matter how loudly I protested. He's half the reason I'm no longer a mod... Integrity over position.

Now let's look at the facts. There are three people who have come to our defense in this thread. I have personally blasted all three, one of them several times, but they're smart enough to see our value and strong enough not to be intimidated by Little Hitler. I have four times as many PM's in my box from members who also don't want to see me banned but won't say so on the forum for fear of retribution from you know who.

So the real question is, who's the one sh*tting on people, stopping the normal flow of discussion and killing the forum? Well, you and I don't have any power to threaten anyone with so that pretty much leaves the Ayatollah from Wisconsin. I think he needs to put up or shut up. Think about it.

posted by  vwhobo

i second this. i think all you guys need to quit listening to all the whiners. hobo lays it on the line how he sees it. last i checked, there wasnt anything wrong with that.:banghead: :banghead:

posted by  glagon1979

Chris, I know you're a helpful person, but there have been times (or an occassion at least) where I have PM'd you regarding your attitude, even you were showing correct knowledge etc in your post(s).....well, as far as I could see anyway, I trust you. As I said before, we are acting on feedback from people, and as such we have to follow this up. Otherwise we wouldn't be doing our job. And no I' not going to track down certain threads now, but if it means that much to you I'll do it when I have time, under your request, and PM you.

I agree that we have our obvious difference of opinion. You sometimes say I'm not doing my job properly, and sometimes you're right....as mistakes are made, and we all learn from them, but it's not deliberate on my part, and it's usually in an abuse of power type context that you make your feelings known (for instance "You Moron Cliffy, you're abusing your power....you're not fit to be a Moderator"). Anyway, as I said above, we have to act on information received and do what's necessary. We're not expecting you to take it lying down (figure of speach....:doh: ), but it's one of those things that has to be done I'm afraid.

Bottom line is, we are doing our job in the best possible way, and Satty was chosen as with us all, because Adam thought he'd do a good job....I havn't got any complaints anyway. I don't know the ins and outs as to why you're no longer a Mod, hobo, but I assumed your grudge against me had something to do with your disapproval at my Modship.....That is all :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

the problem is that i got the EXACT SAME PM as Hobo did, and I've barely been here for many months, Satty was acting like I've been running around insulting people. And you know as well as I do that I've NEVER given anyone anything they didn't deserve. And that it's been months since I went off on anyone for being a complete ignorant retard.

But, even as I said then, which is it you want, a board full of ignorant retards, or a board that has at least a few people that know what they are talking about even if they don't put up with ignorant retards? ;)

Yes, I would like specific complaints, and I would like you to also see if those complaints came from people who deserved the reaction they got, or if it was just from some anonymous bystander who got butthurt about having someone actually know what they were talking about.

posted by  ChrisV

Finally...I avoided the "ban" PM...

I feel as safe as a naked slut with Jedimario.

Insert my name...and everyone will disagree.

This doesn't feel right. I should be the one getting threatened for a banning. I'll sacrifice myself for either ChrisV and Hobo. Kill me.

posted by  What

can i be as cool as you someday??

pole smoker

posted by  glagon1979

Don't make it easy on him. Let him ban be. Let him be a hero in his own mind. Let him put up or shut up. You can take ChrisV's place.

P.S. On a lighter note, if you have any spare naked sluts around, I can keep an eye on them for you. They'll be safe with me and Frank... Mostly.

That almost made me pee myself.

posted by  vwhobo

Everyone knows VWhobo's a twat, but he's a character on this forum that gives it personality. We can't afford to lose valuable twats like that, especially since What has softened up lately and Slurm has finally been promoted to the 9th grade.

What has ChrisV EVER done to anyone? He is never out to attack people. He speaks confidently and with knowledge and though that may come off the wrong way, he offers his vast knowledge and gives this board some damn credibility.

What good is a "car-forum" if everyone is like me and doesn't know crap about cars?

I use many other active forums and there has never been more credible sources of information in ALL areas of automotive knowledge than VWhobo and ChrisV.

posted by  Car hippie

Saves paper

Actually you have given me a few shots across the bow. I'm interested to know who hands out the deputy badges that gives a member the privilage of determining who is deserving of a dressing down. I want one of those badges.

So by implication apart from the two of you, the rest of us are retards anyway. Happy in our own ignorance as it were.

Well I was one who complained about the escalation of vitriol. When I first joined this board I was quickly met with a barrage of PMs asking for auto advice. That trend has remerged and I don't think members should feel so intimidated as not to freely post, retard or otherwise.

My concern arose when an old fart member with no apparent malice posted an obvious cut 'n paste, but was met with a disrespectful counter post.

I doubt anyone was ever going to be banned. But the net was cast and you were trawled in as possibly others have been too. Then to add fuel to the fire someone saw fit to attack a mod who happens to be a grade A student, merely because he had the audacity to complain about his school's facilities.

So if any of you who have been sent a PM want to victimise just one member, pick me. I'm big enough and ugly enough to stand up an take it. But be aware that unlike the pimply teens who usually get intimdated I can retaliate....... well until I get a "Don't Come Monday"from the mods.:mrgreen:

posted by  Wally

Ok, wally, When was th last time I attacked anyone, including you? Not even Jcutch in the torque vs hp discussion.

Unless someone is looking at posts from a few years ago...

Oh, and if you want to take on implications, go right ahead. I said I only attack people who are being ignorant retards, not that everyone BUT me was an ignorant retard. Thanks for putting words in my keyboard, so to speak.

posted by  ChrisV

not so, Wally.... check out my title.... :orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh:

posted by  dodger65

:mrgreen: easy isn't it.

I must admit I was rather amazed the HP/Torque thread didn't have turn into a flame war. It was kinda nice to have a civilised discussion, even though there were errors galore.

I don't think you could deny you consider yourself a cut above the rest and I'm not about cutting anyone down to size, because I don't believe I have the right nor do I have the need. In your mind you are doing some sought of disciplinary service and that may work raising a family, but this is a discussion board that by it's own description implies people should canvas people's opinions, garner information and just chew the fat. Mods are appointed to keep the peace and administer the rules. Arguments occur on any board, but it doesn't give licence to berate.

I find What's posts rather amusing, but he seems to spend more time sin binned than active. I suspect he would be spared the rod if he posted more of what the mob considered fact.... more of what people want to hear rather than what they should hear. I'm of the mind I could easily take 99% of the posts on this forum and find them flawed with misinformation and heresay... opinions, but it seems if there is enough embedded piosity it must be fact.

posted by  Wally

Oh yes, I'm the one shitting on people. Go ahead. Continue thinking that. Whether I ban you or not, I'm still going to get harassed. If you're so willing and accepting of a banning, then why are you fighting the decision? I don't ****ing understand you or your point of veiw on how you think the rules don't apply to you.

Now, to clear everything, I PERSONALLY have no problem with either of you. You can call me shit-head or whatever as much as you want. It's not going to piss me off, and niether is saying "Put up, or shut up" since this is an INTERNET forum. I can't be pissed off about something I read that someone who has never even met me in real life said about me. There's no point in getting agrivated (sp?) over it.

Chris, you and everyone else on this board knows I've been MIA for quite some time now. I had/have no idea whether you've been here everyday, or even been here in the last few months. I do however find it interesting that you originally told me that you haven't even been here in a few months, yet you replied to the PM the day after I sent it. Now either that's one hell of a coincidence, or you lied.

Hobo, me and you have never really agreed on much, in all honesty. This is not my way of getting back at you for anything that you've said or done, but seriously, this shit gets annoying. And somehow you almost always find a way to turn whatever decision we mods make look like the wrong decision. Calling us out on all the mistakes we've made, and I don't recall ANYONE ever doing the same to you.

put up or shut up? Damned if I do, damned if I don't. That seems to be the way this forum thinks of the few moderators we have. Doesn't make much sense to me.

posted by  Satty101

:clap: Very clever

posted by  Wally

this could start a vicious cycle...
I know more than dodger65...
I know more than Windsonian...
I know......

etc

posted by  windsonian

Really? I am? Can you show me where I did that? Have I PM'd any other mods? Have I asked for your forgiveness? Have I suddenly changed my tone?

Once again little fella, the facts and actions don't back up your opinion. The fact is that you threatened me with a ban. The fact is that I said to put up or shut up. Which is it gonna be?

Choose wisely.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

posted by  vwhobo

Gee you could have fooled me. If the old chestnut that "this is only the internet" and therefore we shouldn't take offence then why are VWHobo and ChrisV so upset?

For some of us the internet is a convenient way to converse with people in other countries. Sure I could pick up the phone and ask for directory assistance to get in touch with ChrisV, but somehow I don't think he's listed in the book under that name. If I did get through it may go something like this:

" Hello, is this ChrisV?"
"Yes it is, how can I help you"
"Howse that house building coming along?"
"Who is this?"
"It's the man who has held three world drag records, two track championships and is extremely attractive to women"
"Australian accent hmmm ....is that you Wally?"
"Well that's who I am on Car Forums"
"Is that true about the records?"
"Well it could be, but this is a telephone conversation and I'm allowed to lie if I want"
"Why are you being cryptic?"
"It was just small talk."
"You can be a wanker sometimes Wally"
"It's genetic. The Australian culture is a strong one and most of us are wankers as a result, but thanks for the compliment"
etc

posted by  Wally

I lol'd

posted by  jedimario

vwhobo, I don't recall ever being bashed by you. Hell, now I don't like you. I've changed my mind, I want you banned:laughing:

posted by  thefonz

Wow I'm amazed that this thread is still open, usually threads like these get locked and or deleted.

There's a lot of bullshit on this forum between people, like I said this fourm had been going downhill for a long time. Now this isn't a huge forum with 1000 or so posting members, there is only something of the order of 30 members tops that post here consistantly.

Take away the few key members on this forum and what do you have left?

Now I know people have they're reasons for doing what they're doing and standing up for that reason.

But, remember in the end, this is just an internet forum.

posted by  GreekWarrior

There's something about all these fights and heated arguments that I find endearing.

posted by  Car hippie

It makes the place more active in a sad sort of way, lol....:ohcrap:

GW, if this thread was locked or deleted you know as well as I do what the outcome would be....:ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Another thread bitching at us why it was locked because somebody didn't get to voice their opinion.

As far as the bannings, I'm waiting for a few more opinions from other members to truely decide. Afterall, I'm not going to act just based on what I think. That would be unfair.

posted by  Satty101

I haven't seen ChrisV say anything that would even remotely provoke a banning...vwhobo's obviously been and continues to be a dick, and even though he probably won't try to be nicer, he does give solid advice, often times humorous. If them two are banned, we've got like 4 or so members who know anything about cars. Here's the way I see it; if hobo continues to insult new members instead of correcting them, and they will leave. If he is banned, the members will come, realize that just a few members know anything about cars, and they will leave.

I think, since probation does nothing, the members who are causing problems should like make their avatars pink or of Britney Spears or something.

posted by  chris_knows

Well that's....an interesting idea....

posted by  Satty101

Its about Quality not Quantity, i would recommend hobo stay, he has a soft side just dont be an idiot and the old balls are more than willing to help you out around here.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

I'm full of great ideas. Stuff like sending viruses to spammers, giving bad advice to members who don't follow the rules, etc. lol

posted by  chris_knows

...but you give bad advice to everyone... :wink2: :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

Shhhhh! Everybody quiet. Put an ear right up next to your monitor. Listen closely. Pay attention. Can you hear that? There it is again. That my friends is the sound of backpedaling you hear.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

posted by  vwhobo

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

http://www.staticfiends.com/images/britney_laughing.jpg

posted by  vwhobo

Holy shit you're making me laugh which is a nice change from how you usually make me cry.

You started the funny picture war.

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/2/funny_girl.jpg

posted by  Bronxie

Yeah, but people usually correct me. If the person doesn't follow the rules, and asks why their car doesn't idle, someone could back me up in saying that their car has hollowed pistons filled with hydrogen, and some of the piston walls have become very thin, so they must get rid of the car immediately, or else it will blow up lol.

Bronxie, that pic just ruined my day :laughing:.

posted by  chris_knows

Dammit, this is no laughing matter. This is no time for levity. This is serious business. I'm going to be banned. What am I going to do? I'll have no friends. My life is going to end. How will I carry on? I can't breath. I'm hyperventilating. Oh sh*t!

http://www.collegeteacher.org/classes/file.php/1/paperBag.jpg

There, all better now.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

posted by  vwhobo

http://www.ideaphotos.com/Video-Clips-Slide-Shows/Funny-White-Gorrila-Smili ng.jpg

posted by  Bronxie

hahahaha hobo :laughing:

see this is just one reason why he should stay on this forum. :wink2:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Why the f*ck are you a mod if you can't make your own decisions. Make us mods then.

You should be able to determine what is best for the forum. You are supposed to possess those abilities. I understand your willingness to listen to what the members want, but do you really think those bitches understand leadership? You are under fire, so act accordingly.

This forum could easily be more active. The fact that members believe that the forum's life depends on a few members indicates that this is a poorly structured forum. You mods should "take-over" and bring this place back. How many topics do you add? Why aren't there ANY topics about recently released cars? Hello! You are boring, uncreative mods. You should give your password to me...right after changing your name to "What".

Seriously though, you suck as a mod. Cliffy too. And Bav.

This is probably the worst moderation core on an "active" forum that I've encountered. You all do NOTHING to increase "life" on the forum. Nothing. As far as I'm concerned, you are bitches and fags. If I were Jedimario, I'd call you masturbators.

I don't feel any member should be banned aside from spammers. Would I ban Vwhobo? No, probably not, because I am a man. Would I care if vwhobo was banned? No, because I am a man. Vwhobo is overrated...and so is his ego. He's 50...his ego tanked along with his penis. If you believe vwhobo won't be "hurt" by a banning than think again. It would CRUSH him. All the signs are there. But you fools...you believe.

There is only one absolute...and that is I. I am the reason for the Season. The soul of the Pole. The leader of my Weiner. And it is MY DICK that will pull you from mediocrisy. So stand up and cheer, for my dick is here! He will save us all!! Jock my cock to freedom!

posted by  What

I spit out my sandwich and have coke (a-cola) up my nose from reading that. FUNNY SH*T!

posted by  vwhobo

as much as you and i dont get along, im with hoho, that was some funny sh*t. everyone here at work thought i was nuts when i busted out. :thumbs:

posted by  glagon1979

If only we could hand our Mod privs over to "wannabes" for a couple of days.....boy we sure could have some fun, What? :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

If only we could hand our Mod privs over to "wannabes" for a couple of days.....boy we sure could have some fun. What? :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

wannabes???????? half the people on here could do a much better job.

posted by  glagon1979

I propose that we turn over board responsibilities to a qualified Board of Directors of which I volunteer to be a part of.

In all honesty, if vwhobo ran the forum, it would be an awesome place.

But we'd need wally in there to keep him in check.

posted by  Bronxie

I'm not getting in to an argument with you over this, as I know we do a good job. You can't please everybody, everytime. I do my best around here with the limited resourses, as do the others. What this place really needs is an active Admin, that would answer everything.

posted by  Cliffy

You wanna turn CF into the UN? I call Canada. :laughing:

I think if hobo and Wally ran the forums, they would be pretty well off.

posted by  chris_knows

i think this is f*cking rediculous. hobo and chrisv up for a banning?? what isnt even on the list and he does some f*cked up sh*t. i'm not saying ban what, i'm saying certain mods need to put aside personal grudges and sit and think about thier moderating abilities. you guys are in charge of keeping the forum going, not letting it go to sh*t. stop listening to all the whiners who take every little stab personally and do the right thing. when i started on here, did i whine and cry when someone bashed my automobile abillity? no, i didnt. stop being pussies.

posted by  glagon1979

Personal grudges? What thread have you been reading?......We are simply following up on information/complaints received.

posted by  Cliffy

complaints from people who cant handle being put in thier place??? most of the people comlianing probably cant even drive.

i wanst talking about you on the grudges part.....

posted by  glagon1979

Sorry, but a complaint is a complaint. It doesn't matter who the complainant is, especially if they are loya CF members. Obviously each complaint is dealt with individually as far as the members intentions go (like if it's a member with 2 or three posts and who's been here for only two days, said comaplint would more than likely be dealt with on a less serious note).

posted by  Cliffy

well thats good to hear..........:clap:

posted by  glagon1979

Sarcasm doesn't go well through a computer screen, lol.....I don't get it!

posted by  Cliffy

In before the lock

posted by  Zalight

Don't ban them. This place would be dead. Instead, can you post the complaints you got? I'm curious to see what was said. I'm sure the bitches don't have the balls to stand up, so you could edit the names/any evidence as to who the complainers where. Or just straight up out the bastards who deem themselves big enough to take actions, but not big enough to take responsibility for them.

posted by  giant016

I have a very serious complaint. Glagon said "pussies", Giant said "bitches" and What said "masturbators". I have almost 9,000 posts so my complaint is more important than anyone's. I want them to to be reprimanded. I want them to be threatened because they offended me. Off with their heads.

And most importantly don't forget, a moderator verbally abused me by saying ****! I can't believe my ears.

Pussies, bitches and masturbators.

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Listen to Arnold.

posted by  vwhobo

:mrgreen: I don't have the time as I already admin a couple of other forums. I never ban anyone.... that way they can't escape.:laughing:

Mod bashing is lots of fun until someone loses an eye. :wink2:

posted by  Wally

Watch out - Bav will ban you for "idle" "threats".

posted by  67Coronet383

Wow. This is crazy. I can personally say that I have gotten into heated arguments with both hobo and Chris and was even at the receiving end of some of hobo's modship-flexing. After all of those arguments were said and done I knew that I had learned my lesson and that those on the forum had learned/benefited from my destruction by the two both from the hilarity of the arguments and from the knowledge that comes from these two people. They really know their shit, guys. They also add volumes to this forum by their character alone.

We're having trouble stay in control because of the lack of new mods. We need more, but as of right now there ain't anything happening. We're just gonna have to carry on for now and try to work through this.

This forum is spinning into a maelstrom of drama.

Why can't it be about the goddam cars again and not about the drivers?

:2cents:

posted by  StiMan

Well, here is the thing.
Not aiming this at either chrisv or vwhobo, but lets make up hypothetical members that are just like them. As knowledgable as they are, with the same attitudes and charactor. Let's say they are in the same situation with some wanting to ban them, and some wanting them to not be banned. Let's say opinions about the matter are the same - that the ones wanting them to NOT be banned say because they know their shit, ect, they're super cool and should stay. Well, look here. Take away their knowledge about automobiles. What are they left with? Well... assholes, disruptive members, rule breakers, flamers, ect. You "then" have perfect canadites for members that should be banned. Having knowledge or lack their of has no effect on if you are above the rules, or above what calls for a ban. To further this truth in another example, put members like these in a forum they do not know nothing of with their attitudes. Say cooking. Would they be banned? According to you people, they would (should) be - because if they know everything about cooking it wouldnt matter to you how they acted.

With that being said most of us would be guilty and need to be banned. I think the better solution to all of the problems is for everyone to shut up, forget their "hurt feelings" (those that got "flamed" by these members) and move on. How about some of you wake up and realize if you just ignore the crap that is sometimes dished out by members can be ignored and make you the bigger person. Flaming back and getting upset just takes you down and makes you guilty too. So...put personal attacks aside, flaming, ect, and ignore things like that and you'll be the bigger person.

Now, he is another thing. Let the mods do as they see fit. After all, it's just an internet forum, it's not the end of the world if we all get banned for no reason and all the mods are left to discuss...nothing at all...by themselves.

But seriously, mods and members, why not STFU and just continue on? Which ever token you want to look at, still I think the solution is that which I explained before.

posted by  67Coronet383

in before lock.

+1 to post count.

posted by  GreekWarrior

This will probably get locked after someone is banned. Just one question to vwhobo though...Why are you provoking it? I guess it's not against the rules to tell the mods to ban you, but...why? lol

posted by  chris_knows

y'know. it seems like we're hearing from all the regular members that show up all the time and make this forum an ongoing thing, the people that we "expect" to be here on any given day and aren't folks that ask a question and split. it doesn't seem like any of us are complaining about hobo or chrisv, and it doesn't seem like whoever is complaining has the balls to show their face in here...or to own up to complaining... who's bitching? i think we'd all like to know... and how about a tally sheet on who has how many complaints about them... i think that would be fun... :2cents: :2cents:

posted by  dodger65

I saw this today at the local church. I guess news spreads fast.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1548/churchsignkw6.jpg

posted by  Bronxie

:orglaugh:

+1 post count

posted by  GreekWarrior

Een beefour zeh lawk!

Lawl

posted by  jedimario

roflacopter on lolaskates with a side of wtfbbqsauce

posted by  GreekWarrior

Aye cken taipe moor enoinng denn ewe[peerreeud]

I can type more annoying than

:laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

To protect the public and to encourage future tattle-telling, names should be kept private.

So shut the f*ck up.

There...now stick that up your dodger65.

posted by  What

oh so you're saying that you were the one whining and tattletaling, what? i think people should own up to what they do and i think that things should be able to be dealt w/ in the open. we should not be dealing w/ childish tattletaling, we should be dealing w/ legitimate complaints that people will be there to back up. narcing someone out and hiding behind the teacher's skirt is being a pussy, what...

posted by  dodger65

What is right (and no, he's not a complainant). I can't believe what I'm reading, lol. Guys, it would be unprofessional of us to share with you whom the complainants are. Simple as that. If they wish to come forward so be it, but until then they shall remain anonymous. People have the right to speak to a Mod in confidence, without the risk of said Moderator betraying that confidence. Don't be surprised if this thread is closed without further notice, very soon guys, as it's clearly been discussed to death...:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

well, i guess i'll create 100 1 post accounts and complain cliffy out of modship, what with no accountability and no discussion of validity of complaint required...

posted by  dodger65

If only that were true for "What". Every time I PM you, you spread my message across the public message boards. Hell, you even spread the messages I don't send you...

but it's cool...I'm probably the only one on here that can take it. The only man on this *****<-----guess the word

I don't mind you, other mods and other members telling the public what I tell you in private. The violation makes me feel privileged.

I'm glad you don't run this forum or any other f*cking thing in your life. If you ruled the courts, there would be no murder tips and definitely no witnesses. Tony Soprano would love you.

Hopefully, the people in charge can decide on their own the validity of the complaints. Do you really want a bunch of dumb ass forum members debating each person's complaint? Do you know how long, biased and chaotic that would be? That's how gangs start my friend. The minority would have no chance...the leading gang would have their way...because they have the most votes.

But of course you'd suggest we waste more time arguing the validity of the gang's vote. You simple thought process chaos inducing bastard. At best, you are a voter. Leader? Hahahah! My balls laugh at you.

posted by  What

All I asked was to point out threads in question. Are any of them newer than a year old? Who has been slighted or wronged? Why is this a new complaint?

posted by  ChrisV

I still have no freaking clue WTF is going on... anyone care to clue me in as to why people are talking about banning ChrisV? Why are we, all of sudden, angry that he sticks to his guns?

posted by  StiMan

complaints were made towards hobo and chrisV, but he hasn't been here and satty wants to abuse his power but can't cause he'll look like an ass.

dodger wants the person who made the complaints to come forward and "what" told him how much of an idiot he is.

thast it basically in a nutshell

posted by  salimander13

i guess tony soprano believes in the 6th amendment too ,eh?

if you had balls, i'd take that personally, but i'm reasonably sure i'm ok...

jackoff

posted by  dodger65

WOW!

Luckily I've been bored of this place for the past few weeks...I come back to find the two most knowledgeable members up for banning? Laughable.

Guess I'll go back to my DIY home improvements as this place has not changed a bit.

BTW...I'm for banning the whiner and living with knowledge and consistency...not "knowledge" and whining.

posted by  BavarianWheels

I think you should leave...before you get your ass whipped. We don't play around here anymore. This forum is gangsta now. I run this bitch.

posted by  What

It's like Compton...Wear the wrong colours and be cautious :laughing:.

posted by  chris_knows

I'm back one day from a few days gone...and you give me this? Joke or no joke...with your track record I don't feel like dealing with you too.

Bye, bye.

posted by  Still-Stickin'

Stick all you want....What.

Wow, I've never seen someone that anal.

On a thread that's about a mod abusing his power no less.

posted by  Bronxie

Hey BavarianWheels,

I am interested in what bimmer wheels you are riding on... it might be on here somewhere else but i am new. Enlighten me. ;)

posted by  ninjatrainer

No, this thread isn't about a Mod abusing his powers.....it escallated into one...even though it's not true :thumbs:

For the record aswell, I don't necessarily agree with Bav's input in this thread (apart from maybe What's banning......maybe), but I've aired my feelings with him about this. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Cliffy, you've been here for a while, you should know that every thread is potentially about everything :laughing:.

Ninjatrainer, that's not Bav's. He has a 1988 528e...I can't find any pics though.

posted by  chris_knows

Yes...you are indeed right, Mr.Chris, lol....my bad :ohcrap: :wink2:

posted by  Cliffy

What isn't Bav's? I didn't see any pics.. am i missing something?

posted by  ninjatrainer

Why should What have been banned for making a joke? Was it offensive? WAS IT NAUGHTY? Did it hurt Bavarian's feelings?

Let's try to keep it real...

posted by  Bronxie

My bad...I thought you thought the car in his sig was his lol. He drives a BMW 528e (not M5).

:stupid:...UFF where are you?? lol

posted by  chris_knows

He has an M5 E28? is that what you mean?

posted by  ninjatrainer

Don't listen to the other members. They're feeding you bullshit stories. This is the real story:

Most of the users are whining cuz they can use big words, but can't spell the simpler ones (SURPRISE being one of them). Hobo and ChrisV are engaged in a romantic relationship, but Cliffy wants in on the ass ramming too. But, Hobo and ChrisV said no, as did Satty. Cuz Satty abandoned Cliffy, and therefore he has attained a massive amount of sexual frustrations, which is why he keeps calling me Inythingy, cuz he wants some of my Puerto Rican thingy.

That's not all though. What desires to be the master of the lolaskating queers and wants to do it without any of his freestyles. So he comes up with whitty remarks and simple rhymes about how he will rectify all the users with his "massive" cock sandwich (or something). This makes dodger jealous, and he curses What for being the true king "for life".

So, this brings us to Satty. He was gone to study, but he spent his time drinking and taking it up the bum from his drunk, gay friends, even though he begged them not to pop his bumcherry (but we all know Cliffy had taken that away). So he came back, found out Cliffy was cheating on him with Bav in the backseat of Hobo's VW while ChrisV fixed his bathroom, and got angry.

So....... short version of the story. Hobo is going through a midlife crisis and taking it out on the forum, ChrisV probably needs a smoke, Cliffy is being his gay usual self (<3), What is getting back to his old self, Satty is a deserter, and Wally is a smartass.... but he's Australian, so we love him for it.... cuz we all know he will get killed by some wild animal at some point.

Personally? I have no clue as to what is going on either, but this served as some great amusement while I got picked up from university :thumbs:

PS: How about we all go out and grab some "Peace and Love" flavoured ice cream? Wally treats!

posted by  Inygknok

He drives a BMW 528e (not M5).

Oh... i missed the last part. :)

posted by  ninjatrainer

I make no apologies for my actions :mrgreen:

http://www.famie.com/australia/f_australianslang2.htm

posted by  Wally

Maybe you don't know What's track record here at CF...I suggest, if it really concerns you, to look at his posts from his "birth" here at CF...add that to the frustration of the forum and the problems (nothing new) of late...and he's bye, bye with that SN.

He is back as "Still Stayin" or whatever...so he's not gone altogether...good news for you apparently.

For whomever is asking about my BMW(s)...I have 2 now...1988 528e and a 2004 X5.

Anyone have a problem with What's banning...PLEASE email/PM admin...he's on here every-once-in-a-while. I'd be more than happy to reinstate him if Admin wants it so.

Maybe it's a difference in culture, but I thought What's post was in humour..... I got a chuckle out of it.

posted by  Wally

x2

I disagree with a lot of what he says, but that clearly was a joke. Or do you think he's stupid enough to believe he can intimidate online... oh no, he's going to whip our arses because the forum is "gangsta" .... :roll:

posted by  windsonian

Do you guys pop your collars in Australia? lol

posted by  chris_knows

Nah, it interferes with the corks hanging from our Akubras. Besides have you ever tried popping a collar on a blue singlet?

posted by  Wally

Certainly to the ones it's not aimed at. I've been on the receiving end of the trash talk for a loooonnng time...I personally don't care much, but when this guy thinks he can just spout off crap all the time and play it off as a joke...there is a line to be drawn...and What may well have been the first example.

Again...I encourage anyone to please email/PM Admin of any complaints of this nature...maybe receiving enough emails/PM's...he'll come and so something. Wouldn't that be a good thing for you all?

Oh, good. Please, tell me, how often do you visit these forums? The forums run fine without your moderating, thanks.

No, sorry, the forum was fun until you went ahead and banned What. Whatever "fun" you thought was present, consider it dead, because now one of the most active members has been violated and removed.

Like how you treated What over a joke he made? I'll keep that in mind.

Are you insane? How was his post an attempt at intimidation? ANY MORON WITH HALF OF A HALF OF A BRAIN COULD SEE HIS POST WAS IN JEST.

No, wait, seriously, What was 100% serious. He was totally serious when he was saying how we'd whip Bavarianwheels' ass like gangstas. Yep, you're lucky What warned you first. Normally we just jump out from the bushes and take 'em out. No signals, no warnings.

Oh crap, I better hide before my attempts at intimidation get me banned ^^^

posted by  Car hippie

sure sounded like it was in jest to me..... I think having rights such as beeing able to ban poeple comes with a responsibility, and maybe it is justified for Bav, but to ban someone and then fluff the heat off by saying e-mail the admin with your complaints, well what is the point of your job exactly then, the sole purpose of banning? oh well he will be missed.

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

The Crocodile Dundee could pop his collar...
http://www.femail.com.au/img/linda_kozlowski2.jpg

Also Wally, when you were born, did collars even exist? :laughing: JP

posted by  chris_knows

most of us dress like him down here, but usually without the popped collars.

posted by  windsonian

How would you know? Don't your neighbours live like 3 miles away? :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

It's your only course of action...and I encourage and/or fluff you to take it if you don't agree. If Admin gets enough in his PM box or email...maybe he'll see fit to come in and clean house! Don't you think that would be a good idea? Or maybe you fear Admin may feel the same as I do?

I'm not going to be taking the kind of garbage What was continuously posting. You can have your opinion, you can not like me, you can voice your dislike, distaste, disagreement, frustrations...whatever the case...about me...not liking me is not a reason to be banned. Continually being a jerk, constant cussing and iThreats (of no consequence really...but still threats) will not be tolerated by me.

Yeah right, maybe for a wedding or something, otherwise it's stubbies, blue singlet, thongs and pink zinc on the nose. If you're not an office worker it's even more casual.

Mate when I was born, the last of the animals were being offloaded from the ark.

posted by  Wally

So you were around for when they made the movie 300? Were you a warrior for Sparta?

posted by  chris_knows

So a quarter of a brain then? :laughing:

Very good, that made me laugh. You will now be banned......Only jokin'.....That was great, I'm not saying it was true though, lol....:laughing:

tbaxleyjr visits very often, it's just that he posts most in the R&M section. Either way, What's background speaks for it's self in my opinion. Whether he was 'joking' or not in his last post here is debatable (he has a wierd sense of humour, and I take everything here at CF with a pinch of salt as far as he goes). The problem with What is that his insults and somewhat strange and intimidating way of posting doesn't just end at his posts/threads, it strays into PMs, too, which in my opinion is unacceptable. As a PM is obviously private, when they contain insults etc, one can only assume that he's being serious, as there's nobody else that's going to be viewing it. In other words there's nobody to show off to. These actions are unacceptable. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

http://www.freewebs.com/0782623/Fok/gangsta.jpg

posted by  GreekWarrior

So what? He's trying to loosen you all up because you're always so anal. Maybe he just wants to make you laugh and not necessarily entertain an audience.

You all must be extremely miserable people to take what he said seriously.

-----

If the admin gave half a crap what happens here, he might visit more often. Telling us to mail the admin has to be the most brainless piece of advice. "Dude, go complain to the guy who cares nothing about what happens here. He'll know what to do."

The admin left you in charge of the forums. YOU deal with it. How about that?

If you are so set on the admin making final decisions, then next time, don't ban anyone. Just ask the admin what he thinks first. Why take it upon yourself? That contradicts many things you said.

posted by  Car hippie

Come on now, you ought to know me well enough by now to know that I like a bit of a piss-take here and there, and that I do actually have a sense of humour. Not my fault if you don't get the Brit humour, is it? If I didn't I'd have Inythingy banned by now, lol. By the way, I honestly had no idea about 'What' being banned until his alterego PM'd me yesterday. It all comes down to discretion at the end of the day, of which is paramount in this job. I can't persoanlly ban members as you well know, but as I said earlier, 'What's' track record has alot to do with why he was banned. again.

posted by  Cliffy

:orglaugh: :orglaugh:

posted by  chris_knows

Who banned vwhobo and why? :banghead:

posted by  chris_knows

What and Hobo are banned?! They were the two most interesting members on here. Does anybody want the forum to be a huggy-kissy place where nobody knows anything about cars?

From what I gather more than half of the forums want these guys not banned. Why do a few people who need to grow some cajones have a louder voice than the rest of us?

posted by  giant016

I say we go on strike, or go on a post whoring rampage or something. :mrgreen: :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

if the hobo and what are not coming back

this place is f*cked

posted by  nighthawk

Jesus, this place is screwed up. The moderation team is having problems. I've declared when they have over-stepped their bounds. (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=14368) (Ya, I'll admit I'm "Why?"... again lol) I've been on the receiving end of moderator power from vwhobo and others, and have taken part in flame wars with every member who's membership has been called into question in this thread (ChrisV, What, vwhobo, etc.).

The moderation team at Car-Forums.com needs to take a chill pill. I've stood by you all many, many times at my own expense, waged flame wars where I tried to back you all up, but I don't think today is that day. I've been here for three years and I've seen my fair share of shit on this forum, but I can honestly say that the moderation team is over-stepping their authority.

There are members in this thread (well, really just "What") who add very little to this forum and are trouble makers. He has been a problem here since he first joined, I remember. He needed to be punished in my opinion, but it is obvious that others here do not think likewise. If you are moderating a forum, you have been given certain responsibilities by the administrator of that forum that you will uphold certain obligations. You must do what you feel is best for the forum. If you think banning him is what is "best for the forum," I fear you are wrong. We have banned "What" before, did it help? No. What did he do? He came back. What the hell does that solve? Absolutely nothing. It causes retarded battles such as this to dominate the forum giving insecure pricks such as himself ("What") a larger e-penis. Give it up, mods. It isn't gonna solve jackshit banning him even if it is the "right" thing to do.

There is no question in my mind that vwhobo should not have been banned. Hobo is one of the most knowledgeable members of this forum (him, ChrisV, TBax, and Wally imho). He helps when he can, and makes the experience fun at the same time. If you can't take the heat, put on some sunscreen, or get the hell off CF. I've been under his burning fury, I bought some goddamn SPF 1000 and stayed here. Just like "What," he perhaps needed to be put in check (maybe probation), but you must realize that banning him just started a shitstorm. He wanted exactly that. Just like most members on this forum, he craves attention; this whole thing was a catalyst for more vwhobo-name dropping. It solves nothing. It, once again, starts up stupid feuds like this.

This forum has been my online home for years, but my browser has been coming here less and less lately. Do you know why? Too much f*cking drama. CF has always been full of it, but now its ridiculous. It's all about the drivers and not the cars as I've always been saying.

Mods, bring back hobo and bring back What. One is a definite troublemaker, especially when he's gone. The other causes trouble but helps as a great deal as well; banning him is gonna, and has, cause(d) a shitstorm. Any thoughts of banning Chris should be dropped, too; he helps this forum more than almost any other poster in this thread with a few exceptions.

I'm getting tired of this shit. The moderators here are starting to think they can run this forum into the ground. They need a refresher: THEY CAN'T. We need more of them, and we need UFF. Moderators need to learn who to ban and who to not. There are some people that are less of a problem unbanned than banned.

/rant

:2cents:

posted by  StiMan

my earlier post was without reading the entire thread

I just read everything

the only person who should be banned is ..... nobody

I dont even need to defend the hobo, everybody else already did a reasonable job and I agree for the most part what has been said already

ChrisV is like the hobo just less harsh, albeit slightly

and what is actually a quality poster believe it or not, who else (besides Bronxie) makes threads asking our opinions on various new cars

-- see v8 hyundai coupe thread .. and others --

I dont think this forum is ever gonna grow much and I like it just the way it is, I LIKE the way people who cant take the heat just leave, it makes the average member that much smarter

thats all I can think of for now

posted by  nighthawk

:laughing: not sure he really helps with that... hehe

posted by  windsonian

Are we all sure that hobo hasn't just changed his avater thingy? :thumbs:

Yes guys, I really am as much in the dark as the rest of you.

posted by  Cliffy

damn cliffy I was just about to say that:ohcrap:

posted by  salimander13

It was (of course) Satty101 that banned vwhobo. His comment on the banning page was "for the record, no personal feelings were used in my decision"

I say that is total and complete BS...Satty...if no personal feelings were used...pretell what WAS used to ban him if not ther recent events? Certainly you can't base a banning of him from Crutch or the two or three others that WANT him banned? You just can't handle vwhobo telling you that you must've not been too serious about the mechanic school you went to...and more.

On the What front...I got a "tongue lashing" from (surprisingly) a member of this forum that I take criticism from seriously via email. Not only was I surprised to hear that What is a productive member of CF, but that I was wrong for banning him. Hmmm...I'm mulling this over. I've not seen anything but crap from What and his numerous SNs of the similar name...but I'm willing to reconsider What...in a few days. :)

On the Satty101 front...I'll await his reasoning either here or in the mod section of the forum...as of yet he's posted nothing of his decision. I had come on here today intending on just reversing the vwhobo ban...I'll not do that just yet...it wouldn't be fair having not heard Satty's reason other than getting flamed by the hobo which by now every regular here knows what to expect of the hobo. That, PLUS, as "supermods" we should come to an agreement of sorts...although I can't see myself agreeing vwhobo should remain perma-banned.

I'm rambling...

Edit: Whoa...I'm a bit angry at this banning. I'm calming down...shhh, shhh, shhh....roo, roo, roo.... :)

:mrgreen: This should be interesting when he resurfaces. Can a Super Mod ban another Super Mod?

hey leave me out of that group, they're pariahs :wink2: I actually know more than all those three combined, sexually oriented the correct way, extremely attractive to women and never tire of admiring the image in the mirror, but I don't like to brag. :wink2:

posted by  Wally

hey, i didn't know you batted for my team..... where do you live again? :hi:

posted by  windsonian

Is anybody else now finding this an extremely draining subject? :ohcrap:

Oh and ChrisK....I don't expect to hear any more from you, as you are now the second highest posting member, lol. until hobo's reinstated od course.....Hope you're pleased with youself :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

I can make 1,800 posts in the time it takes vwhobo to come back...Then I'll be first :laughing:.

I think these forums need just one super-mod and an admin that comes occasionally to make sure things are going right, and then several normal mods.

posted by  chris_knows

Perhaps you and I have been on a different forum lately. These forums are fine? These forums are going straight to hell. There are so many posts that are off-topic, I can make a whole new forum out of it. The amount of knowledge that this forum has been providing has greatly slowed down. Every single thread turns into a flame war and there are not enough people giving real advice. After all, this is a CAR forum for CARS. If we can not expect honest answers, then what is the point of this forum?

As far as banning hobo, that is such a stupid idea, I don't even know what to say. First of all, if you [Satty] expect us to honestly believe his personal attack on you had nothing to do with his banning, then you must think our combined IQ is 20. Please show me where Hobo greatly disobeyed the rules in this thread? Sure, he was a little harsh on you but he should NOT be banned for stating his opinion. If he said it to anyone else, nothing would happen but since you're a mod, you can't handle getting flamed. He has personally helped me many times. Look at this thread. How many people don't want him banned? Banning a car mechanic on a car forum for doing relatively nothing just proves Hobo's opinions of you. Now I'm willing to bet I'm on my way to being banned too.

Finally, as for banning What, who the HELL cares? He will undoubtedly be back with some random new screename that he will use to tell us he's G-d. He obviously has nothing better to do with his life.

My lighter is lit, let the flaming begin!

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I trust you've read all of this thread, and thus have all the facts to hand to gather the full story and not just the bits you WANT to read? :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Problem is...there really isn't a need to read a whole lot...I think he hit more of the nail than we've all thus far. Banning a mechanic...and a darn good one? The one that banned him is an aspiring mechanic...silly really.

Are you going to respond to my post or question my reading abilities?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Does anyone else want to form an alliance? :laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

which bit did you expect him to respond to? You posed a couple of rhetorical questions, then aimed a couple at Satty.....

So I happily ask you to question my reading abilities and show me why Cliffy's post was so unwarranted.

You may have your lighter lit, but don't try to enter a war of words unarmed. :wink2:

posted by  windsonian

My post was aimed at Satty because I am currently questioning the banning of hobo. Apparently Satty cannot back up his actions so he has chosen not to respond.

As far as Cliffy, his post was unwarranted because it is nothing but a waste of a post. It sheds absolutely no light on the thread. It offers no explanation for his accusation of my, mostly correct post. From a quick glance, it seems that he just wanted something to say. In fact, if that post had never even appeared, there would be a ZERO effect on this thread.

Regardless, I'm not here to argue over Cliffy's posting. I still want to know why a mechanic was banned on a car-forum, what he did in this thread to deserve a banning, why the countless of people that did NOT support his ban were completely ignored, and how we are supposed to believe that Satty's banning had nothing to do with their personal matters.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

So because hobo is a Mechanic, he shouldn't have been banned? That's one very childish way to view things. If I'm honest I am starting to wish Satty didn't ban hobo if just to make life easier for all parties concerned. I'm sure he'll post soon to answer any questions. Windsonian explained it nicely, there was no need to respond to your post directly on my part, as I didn't ban vwhobo. I assume you didn't read this thread then, given that you avoided answering my question to you? Bav might have said there was no need, but I beg to differ.

posted by  Cliffy

I've reached my limit with another poster, and probably will be banned for calling him a moron after he refused to listen to knowledge and facts given to him by more than one person, myself included. I tried to be nice, but as you can see under my name <---- .........

This is the problem. We try to give out our knowledge and have it spat back in our faces. You can only take that so long before you go off on someone.

posted by  ChrisV

very true, but I think your sig puts it better. I've seen the responses that posters give towards someone with the most accurate answer and most of the time its their own stupidity on how the next respond should be. If people can't take being name called and bashed on an internet forum where no vocals are ever heard then how are you guys going to survive in the real world. You can't be babied all your life. Grow a pair accept that someone else might be right and move on.

chrisV only the first sentence goes towards you the rest is a general observation that i've made reading numerous of you and hobos post's

posted by  salimander13

1) This was NOT directed at Satty, despite the quote below. You even quoted Clifford.

2) This post could easily be described as below. If Cliffy's post was so useless, why did you reply? Surely a reply to a useless post is also useless.

posted by  windsonian

If I was interested in playing a game of words, I would try scrabble...

I am not saying that Hobo cannot be banned because he is a mechanic but I am saying that banning a mechanic on a car-forum is ironic. Throw in the fact that he did relatively nothing to get banned, especially in this thread and you have a situation that totally does not make sense. If hobo did indeed violate the rules, then I would totally understand. But to this point, this is my third, nice, and honest request to see his his banning explained and I have seen nothing of the sort. The reason I said he is a mechanic being banned on a car-forum is to display how little sense it makes. While What's banning might be questionable by someone, in terms of car knowledge it bears little importance to this forum either way. But by removing someone with years of car experience because of a personal grudge, it is not a good thing fo this place.

More on the topic, since you ARE a mod and you obviously know the same rules that any other mod knows, why don't YOU explain to me why Satty banned him and, more importantly, why YOU didn't everytime you two had a flame war. While we're at it, I want to know why the opinions of many posters on here were ignored. Obviously he could not stand the opinion Hobo had of him.

Bingo. I cannot comment from personal experience on the car-forum as I know squat about cars (hence why I'm here), but I'm sure we can all relate to how annoying it is when you help someone with something you're good at and they throw it back in your face. Furthermore, when someone posts a question and you are a knowledgeable person forced to see some ignorant moron answer it with some b/s that swear is true, you can't help but say something to them. Both ChrisV and hobo know their stuff and banning them for expressing it is ridiculous.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Now I'm getting confused as to what we are arguing about. It doesn't help that I just quoted the entire page. Since Cliffy's post is not my point, I'm going to drop it altogether.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

No you didn't. You quoted Cliffy alone, then questioned/abused (for lack of a better word - it was more just a snide rhetorical question) him.

Have you noticed that Satty hasn't responded to anyone... including Bav?
You've asked 3 times... everyone gets it.... but you can't get an answer until Satty decides to answer. There's no point beating your head against a brick wall and expect Cliffy to answer for him.

Can I nicely suggest that you don't ask a fourth time when the only person who can answer you is not here? Patience, my young padewan.

posted by  windsonian

Satty101 continues to ignore this forum...or he's using his rule breaking abillities to view all the happenings and leaving. Either way...I'll only wait one more day until I reverse vwhobo's banning...and quite possibly, What's too.

I will admit (and no, "What," your PM's did not change my viewpoint on this) that "What" has been better lately. He still has a very troubled past, but he has changed a fair amount. I realized this after viewing some threads yesterday that were quite good and realizing that the OP was, in fact, "What." So, he's off the hook, too, IMHO.

I have great respect for Satty, but this whole thing sounds a bit fishy to me, especially if he doesn't respond afterwards. I would suggest that we give him some time to come and represent himself. I believe that hobo should not have been banned, BUT because a super-moderator, who was given that responsibility by the legal owner of this site who believed he would serve this forum well (and has, for the most part), another super-mod (Bav) should not repeal his (hobo's) banning entirely until we have heard from Satty. If this was done, it would so great instability in the system and would just plain look bad; many of the older members here would lose all respect in Satty, something that I would hate to see happen. I suggest that until we know Satty's intentions, the other moderators (Cliffy and Bav) decide that those intentions were lacking, or Satty does not respond, we put hobo on probation. Return his rights of posting but with some limits, the usual probation ones.

In case there are any questions, I am not suggesting this out of some sort of stupid ploy for wanting to put the one who put me on probation to "have a taste of his own medicine" or any of that bullshit because I deserved that and he took me off.

posted by  StiMan

Bav you accepted the position as a moderator. You have been selected by the administrator to carry out certain tasks. If one of your tasks is to make snap decisions on what is appropriate or innapropriate behaviour and meter out justice then you should be making those decisions. Whatever you do will obviously set a precedent, but you should do what you deem fit.

Personally if I wanted to regulate inflammatory or defamatory members, I'd be deleting their offending posts so they can't garner an audience. Banning is a last resort.

If indeed VWHobo and others do provide valuable technical input, then it can stand on it's own, with any superfluous nonsense stripped away by the moderation team. I know some of my posts get lost in a sea of peripheral side issues, but then I don't really care all that much, because this forum is hardly up there in the technical department.

posted by  Wally

My last post is what I deem fit in this case.

That, my friend, would take way too much time to filter all that garbage out.

That' s the truth! As soon as the teenie-boppers outnumbered those actually seeking help/knowledge...it went down hill...and fast.

So I haven't really followed this thread and am not going to go back and read it. Someone want to sum it up (like who all got banned)

posted by  Voda48

I'll thoroughly summarize it.

Wherever I underline the word What that means I am referring to the person.

Satty comes back and tells us that he's been going to UTI and was busy. A group of members greet him and talk to him about UTI and his job at Firestone. Satty says that he was not satisfied with the education that he received from UTI. Vwhobo reads it and says that he's found many employees from UTI and it was no good only because Satty treated it like a party school that his parents paid for. The argument heats up and Wally offers some comic relief. Satty says that he's been getting complaints from members about hobo's and ChrisV's behaviour. This is the first time that he mentions vwhobo's behavior. Hobo challenges Satty and says to ban him. He later will add that to his sig. Greek threatens us what will happen if these two members are banned and Jedimario concurs. ChrisV stops by and tells us that he hasn't been here in months. Cliffy sides with Satty saying that having "a few unhappy members is worse than having a member who is allowed to intimidate and harass other members."

Meanwhile, the battle between Satty and vwhobo rages. There is much more arguing going on between the mods, who say it's better to have friendly forums and the members who say that vwhobo and ChrisV make up a lot of the knowledge on the forums. Cliffy, being British, tries to calm the fight down by saying that they are only acting on feedback. What struts in and is surprised that he is not being considered for a ban. He decides to let the mods ban him instead of hobo or ChrisV. Glagon, who has some problems with What makes fun of this "heroism". Vwhobo doesn't want What banned for him, and asks for a naked slut. Even Bronxie, who's been flamed by vwhobo many times does not want him banned.

Wally says that when he joined, the forums were very hostile and people were scared to post, and that the forums were becoming like that again. He then adds that even he who "knows more than you" was attacked by vwhobo. Meanwhile, the scuffle between Satty and vwhobo continues. Greek threatens us again of the impending doom if ChrisV and the hobo are banned. A rumor spreads that the thread will soon be locked. Chris_knows mentions punishing members with pictures of Britney Spears, and hobo and Bronxie start a quick funny pics contest. What questions the leadership styles of the current mods, and says that he himself would not ban vwhobo because he is a man. Even hobo and Glagon enjoy reading that post. Cliffy offers to give What his moderating powers for a couple of days, to see how hard it really is. Glagon says he could do an outstanding job, and the topic suddenly changes to how and who should control the forums. Bronxie proposes to have vwhobo as President and Wally as Vice-President (or the equivalent).

A fight ensues between Cliffy and Glagon, still about banning ChrisV and vwhobo. Giant016 puts in some thought-provoking wisdom. Vwhobo continues to raise hell because he was threatened. STiMan reminds us of the past, where he had been verbally assaulted many times and he learned from his mistakes. 67Coronet adds in that in the end, it is still up to the mods who stays and who goes. Rumors of a lock on this thread continue. Dodger65 says that nobody yet has said that they wanted vwhobo or ChrisV banned. Apparently, even "Our Lady of Martyrs Catholic Church" wants vwhobo banned. The thread goes through a short post-whore period. What challenges dodger's statements, saying that the members who want vwhobo and ChrisV banned should stay private. Cliffy for once agrees with What. What continues arguing with dodger. There is still confusion as to why ChrisV was being threatened to be banned.

Bav comes back, after having been away for a couple of weeks and says that he'd rather have vwhobo and ChrisV and a couple of complaints here and there than not have the two members. What says "I think you should leave...before you get your ass whipped. We don't play around here anymore. This forum is gangsta now. I run this bitch". In response to what Bav said. BavarianWheels does not take this well and bans What. Several members do not take that well and voice their mild outrage. The thread swoons to talking about Bav's car (1988 BMW 528e). Inygknok makes up a story to explain what is going on, on several occasions calling Cliffy a homosexual. Bav tries to justify his actions and Tbaxleyjr says he wanted What banned as well. Windsonian and Wally say that What's post was meant in humour, not to be taken seriously.

We begin talking about Australian apparel and fashion trends. Bronxie (Car Hippie) tries to start something (since he loves arguing) and asks what Tbaxleyjr really knows about these forums. People continue arguing about several topics for a bit. What from another username, notifies me that vwhobo has been banned. Several members are very outraged and don't see why. Nobody knows who was responsible, since Bav said he would not do that, and Satty had not said anything lately. Bav clarifies that it was Satty who banned him, and he too did not agree with the actions. BavarianWheels gives Satty some time to show the logic behind banning vwhobo.

Nissan_Altima comes by, and uses some big words to tell us he too does not agree with what is going on in the forums. He then challenges Cliffy, but before Cliffy has a chance to reply, Windsonian challenges Nissan_Altima, and they get into a confusing argument about who was to blame and whether Cliffy's post had any merit. Bav decides to give only one more day until Satty tells us why vwhobo was banned, and What will also be un-banned.

Basically, that's where we are now. I hope nobody summarized it before me because it took me like half an hour :laughing:.

posted by  chris_knows

Holy shit, I enjoy a couple of days driving my new car and this place completely turned against me.

I DID NOT use any personal threats from hobo in my decision as was said in my reason for banning. The reason was because I have gotten more than a few PMs in the past few weeks (which kinda pisses me off that I deleted some, but not like anybody is going to believe me anyways, so I'm probably just wasting my time) from members who have much higher authority than crutch or whatever the hell his name was. I'm talking members with 2000+ posts here. Members who have chosen to remain annonomous and I will respect that, as well as the rest of you should.

Bav, your reply will soon be in the mod section.

Now, all this talk about us mods (mainly me it would seem) abusing our power. Our job is to uphold the rules. Incase you didn't notice, that's the "sticky" above every section here. The one that really pops out is:
"Racist or hostile behaviour will not be tolorated anywhere on the forums, please treat others as you, yourself wish to be treated." Don't believe me that it's in there? Go look for yourself.

BTW, When I banned hobo, it was around 12-1AM and I thought I hit probation. So sue me for making a ****ing mistake. I'll change it, as if I don't, I'll be flamed more, even though when I do, I'll be flamed more. You see what you people bring on us? Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Now I remember why I chose not to come to this place while I was at UTI.

posted by  Satty101

here's a look at our top post whores... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cliffy- 9,686
chris_knows- 7,847
99integra- 6,423
BavarianWheels- 4,044
ChrisV- 3,607
GreekWarrior- 3,523
newyorker- 3,497
thunderbird1100- 3,267
StiMan- 3,198
car_crazy89- 3,183
SuperJew- 2,973
Satty101- 2,694
True_Brit - 2,535
Wally - 2,508
Zalight- 2,286
mazda6man- 2,233
elchango36- 2,191

since "tolorated" isn't really a word, we all oughta be ok... :thumbs:

posted by  dodger65

Gotta talk to cliffy on that one. lol

posted by  Satty101

...but you know he's gonna pass it off as a "UK spelling"...:laughing: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

wow! this guy's very first post is hostile (after an apparent year of lurking, i might add) and he's offered almost no help to anyone... shall we take him seriously if he complains? should we "tolorate" it?:laughing:

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/search.php?searchid=486764

posted by  dodger65

hmmm.... take away mods and people that haven't posted in the last month or two... and chrisv, b/c he was on the chopping block too...

chris_knows- 7,847
99integra- 6,423
GreekWarrior- 3,523
newyorker- 3,497
StiMan- 3,198
True_Brit - 2,535
Wally - 2,508
Zalight- 2,286
mazda6man- 2,233
elchango36- 2,191

posted by  dodger65

:mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Oh no.....I didn't put an 'O' in there instead of an 'E' surely? :laughing:

I'll edit it when I get chance, as people might not know what was meant by this gibberish...:thumbs:

Why is it ironic? Car mechanics are not imune to bannning, and they too must abide by the rules....:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

OmiGod I'm first :laughing:.

posted by  chris_knows

Let's debate.

Assuming all members who joined have "signed" a contract with the forum rules as provisions, we are all expected to adhere to the rules.

However, if you were to enforce a breach of contract as you did with Vwhobo, your enforcement WOULD NOT BE UPHELD for the simple fact that you nor the administration have ever enforced such rules before.

Here's a real world example: You are supposed to be at work every day at 8:00 AM. You show up every day for 2 years at 8:05 with no problem.

One day, your boss decides to fire you for being late.

Despite the fact this is in your contract, it was never enforced by your boss, thereby making it NOT ENFORCIBLE under law.

The concept is that "your reputation will be the determining factor on what provisions you can enforce"

This is practiced in every state in the U.S. including the state of NY.

Based on this, your punishment of Vwhobo was out of line.

posted by  Bronxie

Based on that and we wouldn't need moderators at all because we'd all have free reign to do whatever we wanted.

I know where Satty came from with his decision. He simply was away for awhile, and when he came back he saw how stupid, pathetic, and idiotic things were. Go away for awhile until you forgot how things are here, then come back. You'll see things different (for how they are).

posted by  67Coronet383

You're right. The mods have never done anything therefore they should not be allowed to randomly and spontaneously begin.

Haven't we always had "free reign" to do whatever want? Why cut in now?

At the very least, the mods should have said, "Ok everyone, we are going to begin strictly enforcing rules around here so behave.", acknowledging the fact that they have NEVER enforced rules as opposed to pretending as if they always have.

posted by  Bronxie

This place has not turned against you while you were "enjoying" your car. If you have not noticed, there were many people against the banning even BEFORE it happened. Since you are obviously too busy enjoying your car to read every post in this section, I will phrase my concerns in a few simple questions that you should be able to easily answer:

1) What actions has Hobo taken in order to be banned? Please don't shove me some crap about how he was complained against by many members. I want to see direct cases and exact threads. Not wussy complaints.

2) While we're on the topic, you claimed that ChrisV was complained against too. Why was he not banned and Hobo was? To everyone here that enjoys twisting words, I am NOT saying that we should ban ChrisV. I am merely proving that the ban was at least partly inspired by Satty's personal feelings.

3) Why were the posts of many admirable CF users completely ignored in this thread when they were supporting Hobo?

I am beginning to realize that talking to you is like :banghead: . You type a sentence twisting my words around and throw in a :thumbs: or two to make it look better.

I find it ironic that a mechanic was banned on a car-forum for doing particularly nothing wrong. To this point, neither you, nor Satty were able to coherently and intelligently explain the reasoning behind Hobo's bans aside from some pathetic remarks regarding some posters who complained because they can't handle a little criticism over the internet.

By the way, I like how the "complainers" (assuming they actually exist) have not even said one word thus far in this forum. If people are too scared to state what they think on a forum, G-d help them in real life.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Based on my experience with those people, they will do very nicely in real life. If you ever become a captain of industry you will have come to terms with the concept of keeping your opinions to yourself and using umpires (lawyers & courts) to sort out problems.

Perhaps those "complainers" aren't prepared to, or can't be bothered running the gauntlet of abuse that would surely follow if they did reveal they had sent a "Private" message, but followed the general protocol of forums in reporting their dissatisfaction to the moderators for them to arbitrate. Some people are not prepared to broadcast their grievance, nor should they have to just because the mob says so.

Now that PM box of yours, do you have any juicy ones to show us all?

posted by  Wally

What about in Cliffy's country? :laughing:

Nissan_Altima, I think the members who complained would rather remain anonymous for other reasons than because they're scared...

posted by  chris_knows

In that case, it had nothing to do with him being a mechanic. Hence ... where's the irony?

posted by  windsonian

You are correct. The thought was initiated by the complainer...the action was due exactly for personal reasons that are seen early in this same thread.

BTW...What has been reinstated. I will not take his antics lightly from this point on...be forewarned.

Welcome back, What...

posted by  Bronxie

That makes no sense. If it is in the contract, the authority can enforce it whenever he/she feels like it. It may sound like shit and be totally unfair, but they have the legal right to do it.

Don't think we electronically signed a contract?

That's only part of what you fully agreed to by signing up here. Satty and all the other moderators have full power as expressed in this contract as "unfair" as it may be.

And Chrisknows... I've looked at your signature lately and you can't copyright your posts, Car-Forums.com owns them:

Lol. :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

Always hurting the little guy. Who would want to reproduce the bull-crap I write? :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

I just thought I'd point out that you were requesting something impossible/I thought it was funny that they went to such lengths as to even put that in there.

posted by  StiMan

So basically, everything I write is already being copyrighted. The system works :laughing:.

posted by  chris_knows

Wrong. Take a Business Law class.

posted by  Bronxie

What couldn't even last an hour or so...he had to keep fanning the flame through PM...I said I wouldn't take his garbage anymore...and I wont. His What SN is gone for 6 months.

Sorry to all who find him useful.

Why not just point us in the right direction... maybe a link .... we're merely technical people after all.

So if a cop is driving behind you and you're speeding (say 15kph over) and he doesn't book you, then he can never book you for doing 15kph over the limit again??

posted by  windsonian

1) Do we sign contracts with cops or with the law?

I'd like to know who forged my signature.

2) A contract provision need not point to a particular law to be enforced as the law is always enforcible no matter what. It makes sense. Laws are designed to protect us. Why would that be conditional? A contract provision is designed to benefit one of the parties. If they show that they find no benefit in it based on their actions, why should it be upheld and be cause for one party to get in trouble?

The law doesn't quite work how you think it does. It's fair (in most cases....)

3) We agree to terms & conditions when registering here at least. That would qualify as a contract.

I'll give another example:

You are leasing an office from someone. The contract states that renewal of the lease must be paid by certified mail one month before the lease's end.

You begin to pay the renewal by mail one month before the lease's end for the next two terms. This is over the course of 24 months.

After you have renewed the third time, the other party decides to void the lease for breach of contract because you did not pay by certified mail.

This would normally be enforcible, however, since the party did not enforce it for almost 36 months, their claim would not be upheld in court

I can't link you anywhere right now. Later today. Ciao.

posted by  Bronxie

Bronxie, you are digging yourself and the other members in to a dark hole whereby the rules are enforced as they should be. In which case, vwhobo will be banned again in no time at all. We've gone easy on you guys in relatioon to the rules in the past. Just look at some other forums and how they enforce their rules!

As for your statements about not having to abide by the rules, that's find, but see where it leads you. What you going to do? take us to court? I think not, therefore your statement pays no relevance here.

I don't twist words, I just read what I see :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

As Wally said and as I have said in this thread alread, each member has the right to express their grievences in private. End of story.

posted by  Cliffy

Maybe you missed the point, but I am saying that you NEVER have enforced the rules so you cannot start now...at least not without warning.

I don't give a crap what you do, but don't try to justify your moderator actions by telling us, 'THEY WERE VIOLATING THE RULES!' because that's complete crap for the reasons stated above.

If you want to enforce the rules, use consistency, and if you want to enforce them when convenient, you're crappy mods. No offense.

posted by  Car hippie

Wow

First thanks to Chris for summarizing that for me... personaly I was going to ask for a sumamry of his summary, but you know...

posted by  Voda48

Lol...a lot has happened...Just for the sake of argument, show me one other member who has been acting as rude and disrespectful as vwhobo.

posted by  chris_knows

im sure you mean on more than one occassion? because if you don't then someone could easily say that anyone who hobo has responded to.

posted by  salimander13

People that come and post once or twice and leave don't really count though...They should be banned too because they offended people WITHOUT entertaining the other members and they offer nothing to these forums.

posted by  chris_knows

Who has been or who has?

Many of us have and many of us were not punished for it.

Take me for example.

posted by  Bronxie

i cant beleive i just read up to page 13 and chris knows had it all summarized right there....:banghead:

anyways, keep up the drama....:thumbs: best thread ive read in awhile, oh yea, i think the ban was wrong as well

posted by  adamc44

To the point where you were writing profanities like "PUSSIES BITCHES AND MASTURBATORS"? lol

My bad, I meant who has ever.

posted by  chris_knows

Since Wally obviously has more experience than me, I will admit to the possibility that I am wrong and not comment further on that specific matter.

However, after reading this post, I have come to one conclusion. It is no wonder that someone with your maturity is trying to boss a forum. You obviously don't have enough of it to get far in life.

Time and time you have twisted my words and said stupid crap. Every time I see :thumbs: instead of an answer, I don't get annoyed like you want me to. I get more and more satisfaction in knowing that I'm right and neither you, nor Satty can explain hobo's banning. For at least the fourth time, why was Hobo banned and why were so many pleas to keep him around ignored? Can you answer those two damn questions please?

He did not miss the point. He simply took your words and twisted them around. Sound familiar? :thumbs:

Just for the sake of argument, show me one member (excluding ChrisV) that has provided consisent help like Hobo has, both in PM and regular form. After you're done that, please provide me a few exampls of where Hobo was SO rude for no reason, that people were forced to cry about it.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Good point...Hobo did however provoke arguments most times lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I haven't been twisting your words, you just chose to view it like that. As for my maturity, I find it laughable that a 16 (or so) ear old is calling me immature. For you information, I am married, deal with all of my bills myself, have not driven excessively over the speed limit in 2-yrs and am in a steady job earning a steady, above average wage. Can the same be said for you? I'm doing find in life thank you very much. Also, I used those smillies because I knew they annoyed you. Not my fault you seem to have lost your sense of humour of late, is it? Seeing as how it means so much to you, I'll endeavour to answer your question for you.

Hobo was banned because of a number of complaints from members regarding his attitude on this Forum as a whole. To be fair, I doubt very much he'd have been banned had he not wound Satty up at every given opportunity when he advised hobo of what could happen. He did actually asked satty to ban him too on a couple of occasions which doesn't help matters much. vwhobo will be reinstated, if not by Satty, by Bav I'm sure, so you needn't keep on worrying your little head.

I think you'll find we can. If it would make you feel better though, I'll start a thread or make an announcement, just to warn you of what's about to happen. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

cliffy I found this sentence funny because you were talking about how mature you were.:laughing:

this sounds like a shitty job statement that nothing good can come out of.

nothing against you cliff but just the things I've noticed.

posted by  salimander13

fair enough, i see differences, but would still be keen to see an external link.

posted by  windsonian

Just my sense of humour shining through. Nothing to do with maturity. :thumbs:

If we can't all get along without flaming etc, and if the majority of CF'ers don't want us to just enforce the rules, we'll have to warn you guys first, just to cover our backs.

posted by  Cliffy

OMFG Those are starting to really piss me off!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

How do you like that?

:laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

Too late for that.

posted by  Car hippie

Your Message