Finally moved into our new space...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Finally moved into our new space...

As of this weekend, my wife and I finally got moved into the new bedroom/bathroom. If you've been following the saga, it's been over a year since we started the project, and now, just in time for our anniversary, the room is done and we've actually got the chance to stay in the room.

First thing we noticed was how much extra space the bedroom and bath give us in actual use. Yes, the design was meant to do that, but until you actually use a space you really can't tell how it's going to work out.

Second, I'm amazed we were able to get it this close to the original computer renderings.

All the pics are here: http://public.fotki.com/Merc63/our-house/

posted by  ChrisV

Congrats, I love the modern far east feel that it gives off, but it sort of clashes (IMO) with the Vitruvian Man. The colors look very rich and the bed fits well BTW.

posted by  Voda48

Wow that looks sweet, congrats! :thumbs:

I like how the storage spaces are.

posted by  chris_knows

Congrats, Chris. Looks great!

posted by  Cliffy

Nice! Party at ChrisV's!:hi: Although I'm probably one of the few members within a day's driving distance. On the other hand, this is a car forum, so you should all love driving.

posted by  giant016

We all generally like driving, it's only select few who can afford to..

posted by  Satty101

Interesting that it looks Asian considering it's all Ikea...and yeah, the Vitruvian Man was supposed to give it a classical feel to balance out the Asian feel of the room. But that's just a wall hanging and it can be swapped out every once in a while for something new. Originally that was going to be a rock wall to balance out the one behind the fireplace, but that was going to cost vastly too much money, so we thought about putting bamboo up. Then we saw the Leonardo print and decided that it was the right color and size to do the job, and the price was right, too. :wink2:

posted by  ChrisV

Wow, awesome bedroom! Very nice job.

posted by  jedimario

Congrats on finishing up your addition!:thumbs:

What's next? Comet plans?

posted by  elchango36

yeah, the Comet's moving into the garage as soon as I finish the workbench.

posted by  ChrisV

Your Message