My sig contest-type thing

Home  \  Off Topic  \  My sig contest-type thing

As you can see, I have a new sig pic. I was thinking that each Sandlot character in the photo should be assigned to a CF member. The tall kid kind of seemd like me (to me at least) and it's a good example of what I want to do. I'm taking applications and suggestions for the others. I vote Chrisknows as Squintz (sorry) and Hobo as the fat kid.

posted by  giant016

If Anybody says I look like the second kid in, on th left side, I'll castrate them, lol. I recond th bully type kid with the baseball bat should be hobo :laughing: (Probably just an innocent baseball player....but that stance sorta suggests 'bully-boy' to me, lol)

posted by  Cliffy

I wasn't really going by looks, more personality. I don't really know how big the movie was overseas so I don't know if you Brits and Aussies will know anything about it, but if you haven't seen it, go buy The Sandlot. For the love of God, do NOT see the sequel.

Also, the kid with the bat is the nicest kid there, he's the only one that would let the new kid play ball. For the record, the main character, the new kid who doesn't know how to play baseball isn't in the picture, but he is assigned to the newbs.

posted by  giant016

I've heard of it, but not seen it. I'll check it out.

Edit: I've checked it out and can now say that I had never heard of it before now, lol.....

posted by  Cliffy

Is Squintz the one that's fixing his glasses? lol...I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know anyone's personalities lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Yep, that is Squintz. How the hell has everyone not seen this movie? I thought one of the USA's best exports was our entertainment industry.

posted by  giant016

Never seen it or, I don't think, heard of it.

posted by  StiMan

Are you serious? Am I going to have to assign all the names myself? How has nobody seen this movie? It's a classic!

posted by  giant016

I shall watch it...After exams (finish next Friday) lol.

posted by  chris_knows

great movie, cliffy can be smalls

posted by  salimander13

lol..What one's that?

posted by  Cliffy

The one farthest to the right. Hes basically the new guy, kind of a loser who doesn't know anything whos just trying to fit in. Also he looks like a younger you:thumbs:

posted by  salimander13

Although the picture is blurry, I don't think that's Smalls on the right...that looks like one of the twins to me. I don't think Smalls is in the shot at all, but to me he represents all the n00bs.

posted by  giant016

id call the guy on the left but.....

do we have any black members? :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

What about me?!

posted by  SyntheticTrust

I'm pretty sure (still haven't seen it) that the only girl that actually has any lines in the movie is the lifeguard:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b323/chris_knows/vlcsnap-3335985.png

posted by  chris_knows

:thumbs: Ohhh Wendy

I think her only lines are PERVERT!!!

You've already seen the movie? lol

posted by  chris_knows

Who hasnt?! That movie is a legend.. I watched it like 10 years ago and still remember it well

When you see the movie, you'll be happy to be Squintz.

Sorry Synthetic, no girls allowed. I think if it were any other movie I'd be all for it, but if you've seen the sequel you know why girls and baseball don't mix.

posted by  giant016

all of them are there because smalls was the 9th man and 9 men make a team. The twins are next to yea yea and behind squintz

posted by  salimander13

9 kids play the field...but then who's batting?

posted by  giant016

I just saw it...I can relate to Squintz lol. I call Squintz :smoke:.

posted by  chris_knows

I feel so left out :ohcrap:

3 outfield, 1 pitcher, 3 bases, 1 catcher, 1 batter....I dunno if im missing something.

posted by  salimander13

There's 9 kids, I just checked.

In order from left to right:
Yeah Yeah
Timmy "Repeat" Timmins (Twin)
Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez
Kenny DeNunez
Ham
Squintz
Tommy Timmins (Twin)
Bertram Grover Weeks
Smalls

The two that I'm not positive about are Tommy and Smalls, but Tommy turns his head a lot and Smalls always wears jeans.

posted by  chris_knows

Shortstop...but you're right. There was only 9 kids in the movie. My bad. That kid on the right really doesn't look like Smalls to me, but I guess it must be.

posted by  giant016

who do i get to be??? jp, but if you want to put me on that would be cool. i love that movie!!!

posted by  glagon1979

Is Rodriguez taken? I'd like to be him?

posted by  elchango36

Wasnt he The Jet?

Yup, Benny "the Jet" Rodriguez aka the cool kid on the block.

posted by  elchango36

Hmm...what leadership capabilities have you shown?

Also, I'm going to take myself out when I make the new pick. I don't know why, but I will.

We need a leader for Benny, two people who are alike (or at least one person and another person that copies the first person) for the twins, a quiet geeky-type person for Bertram, and somebody who is always a minority in arguments (Kenny, the black kid). NightHawk called Yeah-yeah, and I don't think he has any real stand-out traights (sp?) that need to go to a certain member, so unless somebody can make a better case for Yeah-yeah, he's settled. I think Hobo has to be Ham, and Smalls is assigned to the noobs unless somebody can make a really good case.

posted by  giant016

Benny is the only cute one... has to be a hot forum member:thumbs:

well thats a no brainer :mrgreen:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Your Message