I bet you didn't know...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  I bet you didn't know...

...how many sex offenders are near you! Put your address in at this site to find a the registered sex offenders in your area. I had 140 and I live in a nice area!

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

I had no idea there were so many sick people like this out there! How many are near you?

posted by  MakeItRain

They don't have it in Canada...

140 sex offenders? I never knew there were so many.Does it give names?

posted by  chris_knows

sure does. click on the boxes

posted by  mazda6man

Unless I'm mistaken, in the UK this system doesn't exist yet, although it might happen very soon apparently. Not a bad idea, but could cause problems in my opinion (although if it's only the offenders who are affected, should that matter?)! Does that system give any details out?

posted by  Cliffy

The site give you:

-The name of the offender
-A picture
-The address
-What the crime(s) were
-Physical Description

You can only see information about the sexual offenders.

posted by  chris_knows

Yeah, I heard that this site was available on the news the other day. It's good for people to know what the risks are in the area they are in or are considering moving to. It could also deter 'people' beore they offend, but then these people are sick, so that might not matter to them I guess. The you've got the other problem of what happens when war breaks out because one of these people lives on your street? Could be frightening for someinnocent people.

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah, I didn't want to call them "people" either lqtm.

posted by  chris_knows

What is lqtm?

posted by  Cliffy

I've replaced lol with it...LQTM is laughing quietly to myself; because when I type lol, rarely am I actually laughing out loud. :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

LQTM. I should use 'LIMH'...'Laugh in my head' because I too rarely laugh out loud! :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

the police here soon will have the power to "Chemically Castrate" sex offenders soon!:laughing:
(i know theres quite a few of them here in plymouth)

posted by  True_Brit

yeah... a nice area to be a sex offender...:wink2:

you're in washington dc... what do you expect w/ all the senators and congressmen in your area.... :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

Wow. 779.

posted by  StiMan

Unless I've missed something, the Police won't soon have those powers...If anything it would be the Government, but I'm sure that's what you meant (could you imagine the scene "Excuse me sir, we have reason to believe you're a sex offender...open wide" :laughing:). It is being looked in to, but there are still numerous obligations etc that have to be looked at. Also, from what I've heard, it'll be voluntary to the offender as a way of reducing their sentence, and will be done using drugs.....

posted by  Cliffy

Well I only had 31 and the nearest one is 3 miles away. That is still kinda weird though that they are that close. EWW!!!

posted by  struTTinTelloS

well i had 22, closest one being 2.33 miles away. Kinda scary considering i might be deliverying food to them.

posted by  V-Tec

Chemically "castrate"? There are such things as women sex offenders. But that would suck. Having to put your man parts in a vat of hydrochloric acid. Haha! Thats sick. :laughing:

posted by  DSMer

only 1 in my neighborhood area, a few more around. Not to many around concidering the population of the area I live in

posted by  salimander13

Your Message