Got a new phone

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Got a new phone

So after a while of rocking a razr I finally got a t-mobile dash.
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/638/tmobiledashlp0.th.jpg (http://img258.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tmobiledashlp0.jpg)

It's a good solid smartphone. It runs on windows mobile and syncs very nicely with your pc. It has wi-fi, gps, qwerty keyboard and supoorts multitudes of applications. The only problem I had with this phone was the im service. It's much slower than a sidekick but I find myself using that much less on my phone anyways. Also I was able to hack it to use the cheaper internet plan with t-mobile instead of that expensive $30.00 per month crap.

posted by  Spanky2324

badass phone, i got my verizon enV an i enjoy it, even though im on my second phone in 6 months

posted by  hhsrastler92

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but on this topic: I was wondering if anyone actually got an iphone here. I'm curious as to what people that got it actually think of it and I wanted to see if there are any personalized reviews instead of the ones you can simply find online.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I used one for a day...didnt like it at all dont know why nice screen and all but i just didnt like the feel having to finger everything

spanky how did u get internet? i have the dash as well i need to get online

posted by  newyorker

2 of my friends got them so I got to play with them a good bit. I found typing on it really hard unless I did it slowly with just one finger. And I was too scared of dropping it. It just doesn't feel secure. The video on it and general interface is VERY cool but I couldn't help but feel like it was just going to freeze up if I hit the wrong thing thing or tried to go to the previous screen while it was still loading something. And the internet was SLOW. It's def a cool concept but I think it needs a little more development and a keyboard that slide out the bottom with actual buttons. Touch-screen key board just doesn't seem to work well IMO

posted by  boothe

I love the iPhone for what it is. This isn't a PDA or business type phone, this is an entertainment device. I haven't played with any phone that was cooler than the iPhone EVER.

The way you browse for music through the album covers, the YouTube gimmick...the iPhone will change the way phones are developed. There isn't any phone available that can match the iPhone's ingenuity, and this is only the first generation. Next-gen phones that are expected out in January will have the faster 3G browser.

If you don't find the iPhone touch-screen accurate, it's your fingers' fault.

posted by  What

yea but in reality its supposed to be a phone..with all the crap it has it feels more like a gameboy than a phone

posted by  newyorker

yea but in reality its supposed to be a phone..with all the crap it has it feels more like a gameboy than a phone

posted by  newyorker

Too bad the phone doesn't have gps.

posted by  Spanky2324

I was out with some people last night and two people in the group had the iPhone...that thing looks more addictive than a crackberry. They seriously didn't put it down for more than 10 mins.

posted by  boothe

No, in reality it's supposed to be as much of an entertainment device as much as it is a phone. The "crap" does not reduce it's phoning abilities.

I am God-like, you are not = REALITY

posted by  What

Did anyone ask you about you?? This is a thread about spanky's new dash, and the iPhone..noone asked for your dumbass input thats not even on the topic

BTW the reception on the iPhone was horrid...i dont know if its the phone or the fact that its the service, but i couldnt hear shit

posted by  newyorker

This morning when I woke I was pressed for time so I was unable to pleasure the mirror with my reflection. When I returned home I found that the mirror had broken its self in a depressed rage. Tears of reflection littered the floor.

I cannot notice you all but for those that are given my attention, God has blessed you.

This real life message was made possible by the iPhone.

posted by  What

iphone = rediculous. i learned about it just before it was released, cuz i work for at&t... i hate it. its not worth the hype. its just another razr(if you remember when the razr first came out)

posted by  mazda6man

Your Message