Birthday Gift

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Birthday Gift

I couldnt be more happy.. from the New Orleans Police Deparment Mounted Patrol.. They are taking me out to the private stables, letting me choose one of the academies horses to take out with the officers for a ride around the lake!

From about 3AM this morning

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Wpuntamedgt/Picture041.jpg

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Just wondering, are you going to ride the officer or the horse?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Cause I have the bestest friends

!!! The horse!! lol...Sorry but I stick to white people

I hear black men have bigger willies, lol.....I'm open minded though. Hope ya have fun on you riding! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

yes..

Happy Birthday and enjoy your gift.

posted by  varybarry

No. lol...jk.....I'll throw you a party, and Synth can be the exotic dancer, lol.

posted by  Cliffy

She needn't be there for your benefit, lol.....:hi:

posted by  Cliffy

would you be my gift if i sent my address and a money order?

posted by  newyorker

Don't you have a girlfriend?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Depends on how much $$$

What we've learned:

newyorker pays for women to come visit him

synthetic trust is expensive

posted by  Mathew

she was driving me crazy :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Well have to decide that once you get here..il let you ride my horse for free :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

I just puked in my mouth.

posted by  97Talonchik

Your girlfriend, your 'condom mishap', and your turbo Civic budget do not exist. Stop fakin' the funk.

So I'm gonna go ahead and put all that shit up on the "let-it-go" shelf next to Enthusiast's 11 seconds.

posted by  What

Piss off little assclown noone likes you here or anywhere else. I am happy with myself and my car, and I dont need to prove to you my turbo project or the fact that I get laid. Kthnxbye

posted by  newyorker

That hurt what. haha

But back on subject I bought my GF's birthday present on monday and I hope she likes it as much as you do yours.

Its a diamond necklace with matching princess cut 1/3 carat studs. She gets it on the 14th

posted by  Enthusiast

I have a feeling youll be getting it on the 14th as well :wink2: :wink2:

posted by  newyorker

Is it gold? What karat? What's the total diamond weight? Clarity? Color?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I know the necklace is white gold cause she doesnt like normal gold dont know the karat. The diamonds are slightly smaller than the 1/3 carat earings. I dont know exactly what they are but there are a bunch of them and id guess either 1/4 or 1/5.

Hey is it karat or carat? Cause Ive seen both. Someone told me Karat was gold but carat was diamond, but that seems strange.

The color... The lady told me they are like a G rank which is a real good near colorless, but not quite a completely colorless.

posted by  Enthusiast

This is in no way an ident to start a flame war between you, myself, and/or any other member of the forum. Personally, I don't care how fast your Camaro is, whether or not you have a girlfriend, or whether or not you got her a necklace. However, if you want us to firmly believe you, you must show a sign of knowledge of the topic you are talking about. I have little knowledge of 11 second Camaros, hence my lack of participation in the last thread. However, I can tell you quite a few things that do not add up here.

First of all, karat is a term used to describe the "fineness" of gold. Pure gold is 24 karat. 10 Karat, 14 karat, 18 karat, 22 karat, and 24 karat are the common ones and 14 karat is by FAR the most popular one. The karat of the gold on your girlfriend's necklace is a HUGE deal. Are you trying to tell me that you paid money for a necklace thats quality you know nothing about?

On the other hand, carat is a term used to describe the size of a diamond. One carat is about 0.2 grams and it's usually abbreviated as "ct." in jewelery stores. What you are telling me is that each diamond is "slightly smaller than" 1/3 carat, "perhaps 1/4" or "1/5 carats" in size. Once again, you have absolutely no idea what the hell you bought. The size of diamonds means EVERYTHING regarding the price. My guess is 1/4 ct but it can be anything as I have no idea what you are talking about.

Furthermore, I asked you about TOTAL weight, not of each diamond. That has a lot to do with how big each stone is, and how many of them are, etc. Not only have you not answered my question, but you have clearly shown that you have no idea of what I said or what you are talking about.

As I said, I'm not trying to start a flame war. You don't have to, at all, answer this post. However, after reading your post, it makes me, and probably the others, wonder whether or not you have a girlfriend, whether or not you bought her a necklace, and whether we should put this thread next to NewYorker's stories and your 11 second Camaro.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

That is possibly the nicest and most non-committal way that I've ever heard someone told that they're a lying piece of sh*t. Good job. I would have been happy to tell him in about ten words or less.

P.S. You forgot to mention his lack of understanding of clarity and color. :wink2:

posted by  vwhobo

Well sorry I work in a shop not a diamond store. I never claimed to kow much about diamonds and gold. My girlfriend picked out a necklace I went back and bought it and had the chain swapped out and then told the lady I wanted some studs to match.
You asked a question and I was just trying to give you the best answer I could from what I remeber reading and hearing from the lady at Gordons.

posted by  Enthusiast

i'm w/ enthusiast on that one. if it's something she likes and i feel like buying her something, the only thing i need to know then is "how much" and "when will it be done?" i'm sure i've gotten hosed a time or two w/ this attitude, but i'm ok w/ it, so it's not really a problem... some things you don't need to know everything about:2cents:

posted by  dodger65

Post a pic of the gift on your Camaro's seat. That'll help you out.

posted by  What

...Alright Im impressed...

posted by  struTTinTelloS

I'm so sick of all this "post a pic of this, post a pic of that"...

Who gives a shit, and what difference does it make if the person is lying or not. Do you guys really care THAT much about each other and what each other has to say?

Personally, I don't have that much ego invested in this forum that I'd have to lie about expensive jewelry or fast cars. Anybody that does is just sad.

posted by  Mathew

In Enthusiast's defense, how many guys (who aren't gay) actually know the what the hell all the numbers much less the 4 c's are in buying a diamond? Unless you're a woman, been buying jewelry knowledgeably for years, or for that matter worked in a jewelry store, most men have no clue about cut, color, carat or clarity. You tell them it's $100 and they're sold. Others rely on their women to tell them what to buy. Give the guy a break.

posted by  97Talonchik

Hey I got a question...who the **** cares. Let the man give the gift, and everyone can piss off. :thumbs: You guys are acting like hes proposing to your younger sisters

posted by  newyorker

Were you directing that at "What"? I rarely ask people to prove anything on these forums. I suggested he post a pic to help himself.

You've got What's priorities wrong playa.

posted by  What

Now how big of a loser do you have to be to talk to yourself...:screwy:

posted by  newyorker

He was talking to Matthew, not himself. Are you too stupid to read?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I thought what newyorker was thinking at first too, lol.....I came to the conclusion that 'What' was still mid-conversation with Mathew, but ust needed to quote himself as part of it...

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message