Traded the truck

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Traded the truck

And got a fun little toy, she has a fuel delivery issue that makes her turn over and start but then stall, or not turn over at all sometimes. I'll get pictures up tomorrow after I get her fixed, btw its a 1993 Cavalier convertible Z24, fast as shit lol.

posted by  99integra

.........lol

posted by  07exlv6

Never been in one, but it's pretty torquey and convertibles are always fun. Congrats! :thumbs: I wanna see pics lol.

posted by  chris_knows

:thumbs: My friend has an auto its pretty nice in a line but corners like an elephant...to 60 he beats me by like 1 car...sometimes...by the way a convertible cavalier for a guy doesnt seem very suitable..what color is it

posted by  newyorker

holy shit is ur civic manual it better not be if it gets beat by
Horsepower: 140 hp
Max Horsepower: 4200 rpm
Curb Weight: 2678 lbs

lol

posted by  07exlv6

never mind:

your torgue: 114 ft-lbs.
his: 185 ft-lbs

posted by  07exlv6

its a manual...as soon as we get into a turn hes left behind

posted by  newyorker

ya probably this why: tokico hp struts, neuspeed sport springs, spc camber kit, kuhmo ecsta supra 205 40 17s, moog endlinks, moog tie rod ends, FU, RU strut bars

posted by  07exlv6

Congrats. I've ridden in a hardtop Z24 of that era, I remember thinking that it's a tight little car for the $. She'd be perfect for the autoX if it weren't for the 'vert part, but it'd still be competitive in it's class. No doubt a fun car, especially if you can get past the girlie car stigma.

posted by  giant016

Yea they are pretty nice i know a few people that have em...the vert shouldnt be too big of a detterent...id be more worried about those clamshell seats

posted by  newyorker

Threw a rod and spun a bearing :orglaugh: :cussing: :banghead:, pullin the engine and puttin a new one in tomorrow. lol

posted by  99integra

lol i know a guy who actually did the same thing but i hate him hes a ricer and his POS is slow and sky blue..he thinks a huge wing and a shift kit make him hot shit

posted by  newyorker

Well I did it the first day, my friend shawn actually traded the cavvy for the truck, so he paid for the engine, pics from yesterday, its almost done today though, no pics yet.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/99integra/0905071138a.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/99integra/0905071138.jpg

posted by  99integra

Why'd you trade away your truck?

posted by  What

THATS a good honest friend. GL with the swap

posted by  newyorker

You sholudl throw in a 3.4 or a 3.8 and have a ton of potential

posted by  Enthusiast

Z24 Cavaliers are a feminine car. I wouldn't be caught dead in one.

posted by  varybarry

Cars don't have a gender. Z 24s have been quite successful at SCCA autocross and even amateur road racing.

posted by  ChrisV

Well its almost all hooked up, got the new engine in and everything, just need to get it checked over by my mechanic so he can look over to see if shes road worthy, followed everything the Haynes manual said but might as well be safe. I love this car though, I'll get some more pics up soon. And yea shawn is a good friend, he felt horrible and wanted to give me the truck back when it happened or pay for it, so I let him pay for it. :wink2:

posted by  99integra

Mature

posted by  99integra

Just wanted to move on you know, didn't need a truck anymore and I wanted to get something sportier, yeah the truck was fun to drive but it's nothing compared to a convertible in florida.

posted by  99integra

Ive never been a fan of cavaliers, especially the vert ones, but that shouldnt matter to you. Whats the planned mod path?

posted by  newyorker

Full suspension overhaul, thinking turbo in the long run but I don't know, new top, new wheels, lowered, full exhaust system, upgrade the brake system

posted by  99integra

I read about a pretty cool rear mount Z24, that ran mid 12s. If I could get junkyardturbos.com to work, I could get you some pictures.

posted by  Enthusiast

ive always wanted a cavy that year, but i wouldnt trade my truck for it. i still owe to much

posted by  hhsrastler92

She's done =], misfiring like a bitch but I'm hopin after I pull the plugs and do a compression test I can see whats goin on with that. Pictures soon to come! :mrgreen:

posted by  99integra

You should sell it for something else.

posted by  varybarry

And what do you base this on...because YOU don't like it?

posted by  giant016

Because it's a Cavalier.

posted by  varybarry

nice find steven... god friend too. good luck with the project

posted by  V-Tec

And...if his is a 5-speed itl be quick. I raced my friends z24 yesterday in the wet and I wuda been even with him if I didnt spin coming into 2nd..they are fun cars

posted by  newyorker

Alright just had to fix a coolant leak on her, lol this car has been somethin else but I would do it all again in a heartbeat :wink2:, and for varybarry, i couldn't give a damn what your opinion is, all I know is that i love this car and its a drop top so i'm happy

posted by  99integra

I just noticed I havent commented here yet

I like your bodystyle the best out of them all, is it a 3.1L? if so then it will haul ass with a 5 speed too

only complaint is fwd but when around 70% of cars are fwd its not a big deal

posted by  nighthawk

yeah its the 3.1 t vin model, i get to 60 in no time, its about as fast as my dads 325ci honestly

posted by  99integra

I can believe that easily

my buick weighs maybe 3000-3200 lbs with the same engine (except handicapped by an auto) and ive done 8 second 0-60's

I would love a standard lol

posted by  nighthawk

i absolulty love that year cavalier. personally i think that they should go back to a longer body. but fixin the car is apart of the fun. just as long as it doesnt get to extravagent.

posted by  hhsrastler92

Your Message