Broke My Damn Leg

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Broke My Damn Leg

Well guys I cant drive my car for 8 weeks now, son of a bitch.

Playing football last night with some old high school buddys and had a big ole guy (about 285lbs) fall on my ankle/leg when it wasnt straight and POP. He heard and felt it and about 7 other guys heard it to. I hopped up and right when I put weight on it I fell back down, so I had to go to the ER and the X rayed it and its broke, Pretty bad to. But it is still lined up so itll be okay as long as there is no muscle/tendon/ligament damage, which I find out on Wed.

Wish me luck guy, I wanted to post a pic but the Swelling has gone down and it doesnt look as freakishly deformed as it did last night, so it wouldnt be worth it.

But I guess its okay, cause I cant drive a manual so Ill be picking up a cheap beater, and then I can afford to have the maro down for the new motor.:thumbs:

posted by  Enthusiast

Ohh...That sucks. Hope there's no serious damage.

Also, the sport injury story is good, but you wan serious respect, blame it on some sort of sex injury, involving multiple girls lol.

posted by  chris_knows

that brings up a good point, another bonus to the automatic:thumbs:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Sucks man...at least its fall/winter, you won't be missing out too much on sports...if you're the sort of person that waits around all year for the sun to come out...

posted by  Mathew

Haha I didnt think about the sex thing, ill remeber that when I tell my boss.

Cool thing about it is, it will probably lead to a promotion, cant do mechanic work anymore, so they will throw me up front.

posted by  Enthusiast

Sucks to hear. When I sprained my ankle I drove my civic just fine but my clutch is MUCH lighter than yours Im assuming. The one on my buddies 5.0 mustang was brutally stiff

posted by  newyorker

Okay this isnt spranged (spl?) its broken and all the way through, plus there is probably a little bit of other damage, will know for sure wed, and the clutch is very stiff, its a single disk good to about 750 lbs-ft. But its the right foot anyways, and with the really stiff throttle and seating position I wouldnt want to drive the Z, I dont think I could modulation the throttle properly.

An automatic truck or economy car should be better.

Ill have picks of the X rays before Weds, I just need to get the GF to take me to the ER and get them.

posted by  Enthusiast

Your Message