SEMA Show in Vegas

Home  \  Off Topic  \  SEMA Show in Vegas

Has anyone heard of or been to the SEMA show? It's not open to the public but is happening in Vegas this week, and from what I can tell from the photos on the SEMA insider site, it seems like there are going to be some cool cars and accessories there. Here's the link if you're interested...

www.semainsider.com

posted by  boothe

Would have got to go this year but because of the leg gotta wait, AGAIN.

posted by  Enthusiast

Why wouldn't it be open to the public? Isn't that one of the main ways how companies show off their new products?

posted by  chris_knows

Hacked account? I'm confused.

posted by  giant016

Yeah, unfortunately I think its only for industry insiders. But they put all the pictures on their site for everyone to see, and all the cars from last year were pretty sweet. I remember seeing a cool Jay Leno clip... I wonder if he'll be back again....

posted by  boothe

My boy is going and so is Pat...They will take pics and i will post them

posted by  SyntheticTrust

It is open to the public if two of my friends are attending and talking about it non stop

I don't think it is open to the public the first few days or so so "insiders" can go in and get their pictures. I'm pretty sure it's open to the public eventually.

posted by  What

I know they had it here last year and it was open to the public

posted by  newyorker

My buddy has an ebay parts bussiness and we used to both work at the shop together and his dad got us passes. I didnt know it was ever open to the public

posted by  Enthusiast

The SEMA show IS NOT open to the general public, never has been. I don't know where slutly's "boy" is going, but perhaps he's making a trip to Vegas hoping to get rich selling 25 cent blow jobs, five for a dollar.

I have been three times in the past (business commitments preclude my attendance this year) and can assure you it is in a word, bitchin'. Possibly the best way for civilians to experience the show is here (http://www.semainsider.com/?OVMTC=standard&OVKEY=sema%20show&OVADID=936187 9522&OVKWID=75593276522&OVRAW=sema%20show). Well, now that I look at it maybe not, but happy dreaming anyway.

posted by  vwhobo

Maybe the vegas one isnt but when we had one in philly i know it was open to people..i went there

posted by  newyorker

1. As is your typical modus operandi, you are comparing apples and oranges. The Vegas show is and always has been a trade show specifically geared toward the automotive aftermarket industry, just as most of their shows are.

2. The Philly IAS was never a trade show. It was geared specifically to get ricers to attend so they would be more likely to part with Daddy's hard earned money.

3. The Philly show was such a success that after eight years it has been discontinued. Something about too many meatheads that want to look at titties instead of car parts.

4. As far as I'm aware, ALL of SEMA's shows are "open to people". I think the only non-humans they allow in are Seeing Eye dogs. For someone who wants to be recognized as intelligent and also respected, you certainly seem to have trouble composing a coherent sentence. Maybe next year.

P.S. I notice that you are now Car-Forums self proclaimed "most controversial member". If by most controversial you mean most likely to not have a clue and say something stupid, you've got my vote.

P.S.S. If you went to last years IAS, then I stand corrected. They must also allow chimpanzees as well. Have a nice evening.

posted by  vwhobo

Wow what an answer thanks dude...got a life much?

posted by  newyorker

Anyone checked out the site lately?? There's a Jay Leno video up that's pretty cool...

http://www.semainsider.com/Video.aspx?VideoID=96&Category=All&PageIndex=1

posted by  boothe

I apologize..I just texted Parker and asked if Sema was an open show and he replied with "Nope. Vendors only.".... He's taking TONS of photos. I'll post them once he sends them to me. He just got into vegas last night around 9pm and they dont leave for a few days.

HUGE SEMA 07 Gallery - 1400+ pictures to date.

http://www.6thgearadvertising.com/pics/sema_07/

posted by  dodgerforlife

That's a crazy sweet site!

posted by  chris_knows

What exactly are these cars? and who's cars are they? and what is the whole purpose of this show? Not sure I really understand

posted by  dvdrose18

It's a huge show where lots of different automakers and accessories companies go to show off their latest gear. Usually the cars have awesome modifications to them. There are lots of cool pictures up that people have already posted and some on the sema insider site too.

posted by  boothe

Your Message