Dune Buggy Headlights

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Dune Buggy Headlights

Hey guy's, my neighbor has a Dune Buggy, and has charged me with finding a set of new headlights for it.
I am wondering if any of you know where I might be able to find some
on-line, of in the general area of Seattle Washington? I would post a picture of it, but I do not know how, however the car looks exactly like
Speed-Buggy, or this car. http://www.wingnuttoons.com/speedEL2.jpg

The head lights are round, and stick up on the front, almost like a Porsche 928, only they don't retract....

Also, I am wondering of any of you would know a way to rig the headlight's so you could make them turn when you are in the car, almost like power mirror's? Any help would be great.

Thanks.

posted by  WannabeWrxOwner

how long across are these round headlights?

As for the headlights moving, that can be done farely easy. I would love to draw you up some stuff for that, but, I'd need drawings of the dune buggy :ohcrap:

posted by  DodgeRida67

I helped you out a bit. :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

High-beam or Low-beam?

posted by  DodgeRida67

You never cease to amaze me. Especially the last two posts.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Is the Dune Buggy based off a VW...it just looks like it was...

posted by  StiMan

Yes StiMan, it is a Volkswagen, all of it except the fiberglass body. I now have some pics of the front end and headlights, can you guy's tell me how to post them?

Bad as I hate this typing crap, I'll try. First, if you don't belong to a file share server already, you will have to join one. A couple of basic free ones are,photobucket.com and ripway.com. After youv'e done that you will have to upload your pics you want to share to the file you sat up.
When you want to insert a pic to a post or reply you are making you click on this little thing that looks like a mountain and sun (insert image), copy and paste the url of the pic and your done. All I got, hope it helped.

posted by  lectroid

What did I do now?

posted by  DodgeRida67

Don't worry about it...

Hi-beam or Low-beam is a ligit question. So is asking the diameter of the headlights. I'm betting he can walk into a napa auto parts store and it be right there on the shelve, but before I send him on his way I wanted to make sure. I guess you thought my questions were stupid or something.

We really should let the past be the past. What I've said here before needs to float behind us and be gone because I already apologized for that and cleaned up my act. Time to move on and not hold grudges. Deal? :cool2:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Generally, dual headlight systems, like his Dune Buggy, will be hi/lo in one headlight. In his case, they are most likely 7" round headlights, though some Buggy manufacturers use 5 1/4" housings and use the single 5 1/4" lights that are traditionally the hi/lo combo bulbs of a 4 light setup. 7" round will always be hi/lo in one light.

As to the original question, are you looking for JUST the headlight bulbs, or the entire headlight assemblies, with buckets and chrome surrounds? The former should be available at any auto parts store near you, while the latter will be availbale primarily though custom VW shops (like Auto Sport Imports, in SeaTac, a few blocks south of the airport on Pacific Hwy)

posted by  ChrisV

Yeah guy's, the headlight's are 7inch round, and the high/low beam are both incorporated into the one bulb. I'd try posting the picture's right now, but my mom's got the camera with her. Thanks for all the help, and I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Hey guy's, here's some pictures of the buggy, I hope it works.....

Hey DodgeRida67, do these pictures help?

Okay, it didn't work, I'll try it again.

Umm...what pics?

Better try AGAIN ! :banghead:

posted by  StiMan

Okay, here's the pictures, sorry about the size :oops:

Please resize them to something more web friendly!!

First, the pics didn't get posted for some reason, and when they do, they're to big. :screwy: Get it togethor dude :laughing:

hehe :mrgreen:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Yessh! Cant do any pics right....

posted by  StiMan

Sir! Yes sir Captin Obvious! :clap:

I already established that thought one post before. :thumbs: :laughing:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Yes...yes...

posted by  StiMan

Resizing pics takes a matter of seconds
in your favorite Photoshop type program.

Turn's out Bav, my favorite Photoshop program is Microsoft Paint....
Okay guy's, here's some much smaller pics.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-5/108927/DSCN1956.JPG http://home.ripway.com/2004-5/108927/DSCN1957.JPG http://home.ripway.com/2004-5/108927/DSCN1958.JPG

Much better!! :thumbs:

...and nice buggy too! :clap:

They were there just now!

posted by  Cliffy

We have red X now...I was viewing them a few minutes ago. :banghead:

lol...Ok, they appear to have returned! :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message