Hottest ride..

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Hottest ride..

What's the hottest ride you've ever been in?

posted by  DodgeRida67

Probably a...Did it have to be moving? Or could it be at a show?

posted by  StiMan

Is that a car question?...

Oh...that's right...you are all HS kids... :doh:

Uhmmm...a 1972 Ford Pinto.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Pinto...so I am guessing it has to be moving..

posted by  StiMan

Depends...I drive my 1990 Chevy Beretta GTZ everyday...but I have been in a Hemi Cuda drag car. Once.

posted by  Satty101

Seriously.... how do you define "hottest"? Is that fastest? Coolest? Biggest? Gaudy? What classifies it as "hottest"?

posted by  Voda48

I'm thinking over-all best. That includes, speed, the ability to throw you back in your seat and keep you there, ride, handling, look of the car and specs of the car.

posted by  Satty101

Well in that case I would have to say a tweaked Stealth RT Twin Turbo. That car could move and looked pretty sweet too.

Other than that, I would say a Ford Excursion. It had a complete remake with intake sys. catback exhaust, and a Chip system from BullyDog to name a few. You take about Gs!! That thing would launch of the line and being so massive, you would fell like you are slammed back into the seat. Fun :mrgreen:

posted by  Voda48

I think I have my choice for the gaudy and big catagories: my family's 1979 Olds...a 100 hp V-8...Banana-Yellow... it is certainly something...but it is up in Maine...

posted by  StiMan

Dodge Viper R/T. it literally pinned me back in to my seat. :wink2:

posted by  SuperJew

Damn.

posted by  DodgeRida67

I have always wanted to ride in one of those. I went to a car show were a friend of a friend had a Viper GTS. I so badly wanted to ride in it

posted by  Voda48

I feel your pain... :cry: lol

posted by  DodgeRida67

I should think you of all people would...

posted by  StiMan

Bah, Vipers are over-rated. 1972 Chevy Nova SS with a 396 and possi rear end is where it's at! :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

396 is not where it's at. Not anymore. I'd rather be pulled into my seat with a 505.

posted by  DodgeRida67

pfft, 505 can lick me. Go with the 572 :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

Ooo...owned!

posted by  StiMan

The hottest car I've ever been in was my buddy's Fiat X1/9 that caught fire and burned to the ground... while I was a passenger... and sent me to the hospital for skin grafting. Burned both my legs pretty bad and one side of my face. Spent 3 months in a wheel chair, and three more alternating between that and crutches while learning to walk again...

Oh, not that knd of hottest?

posted by  ChrisV

Pretty Darn Hot!!!!! Good thing your name or nickname isn't DOG. We could call you HotDog. :laughing: Can you laugh about it now?

posted by  lectroid

As far as hottest car I've ever been in was a -whatever year the PT's came out- Prowler, sitting in the dealership.

The nicest car I was ever able to drive was my uncle's 1963 Chevy Nova convertible. What really made it memorable though, was a guy in a 1963 Vette waved at me.

posted by  WannabeWrxOwner

I have always loved prowlers....

posted by  StiMan

Good God that is Hot!!!!!!!!!

posted by  Voda48

Hell, I laughed about it then. :mrgreen: the first night I was in the hospital, they were serving Cornish game hen for dinner, and I commented that it looked and smelled a lot like... ME! The nurse was apologetic, but I was laughing about it. I was teh main course in teh carbecue that year. It happened at the beginning of November, and for New Year's that year, my friends picked me up and took me to a big New Year's party/bonfire. And played around by rolling my wheelchair up next to the fire like they were going to roll me in.. Ha ha ha. Very funny, guys...

posted by  ChrisV

What are friends for.........right??

posted by  Voda48

My 1963 Chevy Nova (V8 :hi: ) and when my sisters boyfriend inherits a 1965 Pontiac GTO 389 Tri-power convertible and he restores it, then Ill be able to ride in it and then that will be the best car Ive ridden in. :smoke:

posted by  Punk_ZER0

That doesnt sound very fun...

posted by  StiMan

probably not the hottest ride but when i was about 10 or something, i had a ride in a NXS T which was hired (loaned woteva u wan cal it) its soooo small in height!! i couldn't even see out cos the seats were so damn low but i felt the breeze through the open T top!! I'd love to have a ride in the viper R/T !! looks hott!!! :smoke:

posted by  WeaponR

While stationed in Holland in the early 90’s the BeNeLux Ferrari group came to the base. Since I was on duty and obviously had nothing better to do I asked one of the guys for a ride. He said leave the gun behind. Gave my Rifle to my sidekick and off we went. He drove around the high-speed taxiway and down the active flight line. I couldn’t see how fast we got up to. My smile kept getting in the way. I’m not a Ferrari guy and don’t really know much about them. He said it was a GTO he bought in the states and I’m sure paid more for it than I will earn my whole career. Not saying much, considering Air Force pay. I got this from their web site so it may be the same one for all I know. After I got off work I climbed into my ’90 Mustang GT and cried. It felt so slooow :cry: .
Aaron

posted by  my67falcon

Another AF guy... :thumbs:

Me too!

posted by  BavarianWheels

My school counselor asked me what I wanted to do with my life. I said “sit in a car and read 3 day old newspapers”. She said” Join the Air Force and be a cop.”
5 months till retirement and counting :clap: .
Aaron

P.S. So what exactly happened to vwhobo, or do we not speak the name? I think I missed out on a lot of entertainment.

posted by  my67falcon

vwhobo (http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2761) <-----here

posted by  Bubba

I guess if I looked I would have found it. Thanks :thumbs: . If vwhobo was still here I'm sure I would have been properly directed in a most expeditious manner with the utmost professionalism and tact that seamed to be his style :laughing: .

posted by  my67falcon

lol yeah, probably :laughing: Anyway... My er... "hottest ride" would be this franklin here (i never rode in it, just sat in it... so more like my "hottest sit" :thumbs: )

EDIT: What was i thinking... It's a Rolls Royce... Sorry :banghead:

posted by  Bubba

ive rode in this and il tell you its a hoot... its my friends
VS 350Z from HIN

http://nwnismo.com/events/0501/655.jpg

posted by  mazda6man

i rode in a shopping cart once...

posted by  enron fever

Nice :thumbs:

posted by  Bubba

Well since all you have to do is sit in it...
RS6
STi (Of course...)
Impreza WRC
SRT 10 Ram
Aston Martin... Cant remember which
Esperante

Probly somemore that I have forgotten...
(Note: I realize this is a "Hottest Ride..." thread not a "Hottest Rides..." thread, but I just couldnt put one about the rest...)

posted by  StiMan

I sat in the SRT-10 too. You know SteveO that would be the perfect car for me b/c we wouldn't have to chop off my legs then :mrgreen:

posted by  Voda48

Ya.. but I think you should chop off your legs... You will get the chicks then! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

The sweetest car Iv'e been in is:
http://www.naplesmotorsports.com/Sold%20Cars/98%20BMW%20Z-3%20m%20roadster. JPG
:mrgreen: BMW Roadster 2003 (my uncles) :laughing:

posted by  Dustin

I drove a friend of the family's Z4 all this past Spring Break. They are both really great cars.

posted by  Voda48

A girl called dizzy edwards he he he he

posted by  cinqyg

Your Message