Am I going insane?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Am I going insane?

Yesterday at work I saw a thread titled "Newyorker's school" with a link that was supposed to be funny. However, the hospital at which I work blocks myspace and all myspace sites so I could not see it. I can't seem to be able to locate the thread now. Has it been deleted or am I going crazy?

PS: I tried to PM a moderator with this question to save bandwidth, but his inbox was full. You know who you are.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=23550&page=50

Presumably that same mod moved it to the videos thread...

posted by  chris_knows

No, you're not going crazy. As Chris has already shown you, the thread has been "merged" with another. This is our self important moderator's way of "improving" the forum. You see, now instead of simply looking for a thread that you know the name of, you can go to a single thread and search for hours to find what you want. Improvement.

I railed about this problem several times in the past. Many people have complained once or twice, like you are here, but then let it drop. If you also believe that this is possibly the stupidest way to "organize" threads and want it changed, please join me in raising hell about it. Nothing will change unless we, all of us, speak up... Unfortunately the thought police probably won't change anyway.

posted by  vwhobo

I tried, but I put too many pictures in the post :(

posted by  jedimario

Love that book

posted by  newyorker

I merged the thread with the video thread. I know you're intelligent enough to understand why, but clearly "some" members would rather bitch about abusing powers and rubbish like that, where as most members will eventually see that a thread containing a video should be in the video thread....Seems logical to me. If the Video thread wasn't a sticky thread, I might have left the two newest threads as they were. But there's a sticky thread so it's clear for all to find. No disrespect intended to the posters of said threads, I understand that sometimes we all overlook things. :thumbs:

By the way tbax, clean your inbox out, tut tut! :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Cliffy, I gotta agree with the mob on this one. It's not like this place is completely cluttered with new threads every day. To me the medication is worse than the illness.

On the other hand who really cares; its a small problem, and probably not worth any of our time.

posted by  giant016

Just to point out one little problem with the whole thread merge thing.

How the hell is anyone supposed to know it existed? You know, the thread I made.

Someone comes to the forum who hasn't been here in a week, and they won't even see it.

Dumbass way to do things.

Way to go clifford.:ohcrap:

posted by  67Coronet383

I'll tell you what Cliffy. I'm going to give you a chance to show you can actually perform your moderation "duties." Obviously the members who contribute the most and are most active don't like the idea of merging such threads.

So...how 'bout you be a good little boy and stop doing it.

EH?

posted by  67Coronet383

+1 as soon as someone adds another vid to that thread the conversation flow breaks apart. Way to go.

posted by  Spanky2324

We now have an interesting dichotomy for the thought police. On the one hand he can't change what he's doing because I'm the one who originally suggested it. On the other hand, after reading this post he'll have to change his approach to prove me wrong. Either way, he displays that he's an idiot.

Apparently he's the only one here who's "intelligent" enough to understand why he does it. He's implying that he's smarter than everyone else in the thread. Sounds like bullsh*t to me. It also sounds to me like Cliffy needs the re-evaluate his position and attitude. Oh my, what's a moronater to do?

posted by  vwhobo

First off, I agree with the rest of the members that it's better to keep threads separate.

But I don't understand why you should call Cliffy an idiot just because he moved the thread to the video thread...Has anyone ever complained before? No. If you don't want threads merged like that, then say it, and if enough members agree with your opinion, he'll change his actions.

posted by  chris_knows

1. Yes, many times, read a few posts up.

2. Because he is, and has proven it over and over ad infinitum over the years.

P.S. I'll punch another hole in his reasoning. He says;

Here's what he didn't tell you. He's using the thread that HE stickied to justify putting other threads there. Read what it says in my sig;

That's exactly what Cliffy is doing. As long as it seems logical to him, it's the only way to do it. Only one person asked for a sticky, but several in this thread have asked for no sticky. If we're doing it democratically, it needs to ne changed. There's no good reason to have all the vids in one thread. It's cluttered and confusing. He always say to use search, but how do you search for something that's grouped with a hundred other somethings? You can't. It's a bad idea. It's always been a bad idea. But Cliffy will stick to it until death does him part.

That's why Cliffy is an idiot.

posted by  vwhobo

I like the quotes below better. At least he knows for next time.

posted by  chris_knows

With that said, it's clear he is unfit to be a forum moderator. What actually needs to happen is for him to just stop, because I doubt he's capable of doing things like they should be done.

posted by  67Coronet383

For the record, if a thread is merged all posts are posted in order. I haven't ignored anything that's been said here, I just posted it in a better titled thread....Oh, that's not taboo too is it? :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Their whole point is that the big long thread is big, long, and has no flow. I don't think its order has come up.

posted by  jedimario

It is/was a video thread. It needs no flow. People post(ed) videos and other people comented as they saw fit. All I was saying was that merged threads would be easy enough to find because they'll be right at the end of the thread in question. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I have listened, hence the disappearence of a sticky video thread. I was trying to get a point across. You obviously didn't get it though.

posted by  Cliffy

Let me ask you something. Why are you suddenly expressing your disaproval of the video thread now? I have merged numerous threads with that one over the months and nobody has brought this to my attention before. I admit that I am somewhat of a perfectionist as far as threads/posts go. I just don't get it. Why don't you explain to me what annoys you most about the merger of threads, because I have already told you that everything is still posted in order of date. I understand about people searching for a specific thread title and not finding it, but I would always advise in the thread it's been merged with as to what I've done. Not ideal, but the function is there for a reason.

posted by  Cliffy

It's notsomething that happens everyday, What. Rest assured this is a cleam Forum. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

you gotta love a "cleam" forum...:laughing: :laughing:

posted by  dodger65

Bloodi keyboar....:hi:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message