Reckless driving ticket can someone help me with this i dont know what to expect

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Reckless driving ticket can someone help me with this i dont know what to expect

I recieved a reckless driving ticket last night for going 80 in a 55 and a state trooper was the one that got me i have a court date in january and i have no idea what to expect could someone help me with this how can i lessen my fine and suspension ??

posted by  mountymaniac227

i duno...i was doing 79.5 in the 55 and i only got charged for speeding...they knocked it down so i only got 3 points, which already expired

posted by  newyorker

I drive the posted speed limit. I haven't gotten pulled over yet:thumbs:

They enforce these funny laws for a reason.:banghead:

posted by  Bubba

I hate it when you drive according to the laws, and drive safely, and some people on the road seem to have a problem with it.:banghead:

posted by  67Coronet383

If this is your first offense you can likely just be 100% honest when you go to court. I can almost guarantee that they'll knock it down. If you're a repeat offender then this may not help you. Actualy, it doesn't matter, if you were guilty admit it, pay the fine/suspension, and hopefully learn a lesson.

posted by  giant016

I don't know about your state, but in Pennsylvania "reckless driving" is a fairly serious offense. If this is your first offense, chances are a lawyer will be able to get you off the points/suspension and probably lessen your fine a bit. Lawyers don't come cheap, though.

Otherwise, I would just go to court and be honest. Depending on how old you are, if this is your first offense, and much more, chances are you'll face the fine only. Points will probably be reduced or dropped and I wouldn't worry about a suspension.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

in new jersey theres a no points process you can go through.. you pasically pay off your points.. you already have a court date so you wont have to pleed not guilty.. but when you go in you would talk to the prosicuter to see what you have to do to get no points or less.. sometimes theyll change the offense and you just pleed guilty.. it helps to know someone that is involved with the judicial system. ie. a cop.. but if not check into the no points process.. it can be expensive.. but your insurance wont go up

posted by  Montage

What is your age?

posted by  67Coronet383

Your Message