Official how old are you thread?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Official how old are you thread?

26 here :twisted:

posted by  Unfedfat

Just curious about the average age of everyone here.
(not how old you wish you were :mrgreen: :mrgreen:)

I'm 23

posted by  Loophole

posted by 

ummm... okaaay...
but who're ya? :rolleyes:
at least enter a nick while you're posting as a guest... dood...

posted by  Loophole

19... till march :?

posted by  CivicRacingGirl7

17 O_O

posted by  garana blade

mmmmm 19?? :twisted:
i'm 25

posted by  Deepdish

I feel old now....I'm 35 till June.

posted by  Streetmachine

I'll turn 27 next month... :D

Jeremy

posted by  1 BALZGT

haha, what's the emoticon for?

posted by  CivicRacingGirl7

After reading this thread I must be the old man here i'm 43 ... got into hotrods when I was 16 and have'nt slowed down since.

posted by  positraction

GOOD ON YOU. :D I hope I am like that when I am 43.
I am 22 (at the moment) I turn 23 in April, and I have a one year old, and a partner who is into cars more than me. heehee. 8)

posted by  Ralli

ripe age of 18

posted by  daytonashelby

posted by  RichG

20 last march 1st, cant wait till im 21 lol, buy my own liqour instead of someone else buying it for me

posted by  Aten

tsk tsk... you're a bad boy! :thumbs:
and welcome abroad bro...

posted by  Unfedfat

ive been a very naughty boy, and I need a nanny to spank me :oops:

lol jk thanks, I thought for a minute there last night I was booted off the board for using excessive language since I couldnt enter the forum

posted by  Aten

posted by  turborice2002

hmmm..must be a glitch in software...
i pretty much enjoy your posts... no worries... :thumbs:

posted by  Unfedfat

*wipes brow* Im safe! :)

posted by  Aten

whew. I ain't the youngest. I'll be 22 til June

posted by  Viper86

posted by  Method

:wink2:

posted by  google.com

This thread is as old as you are. :laughing:

posted by  DodgeRida67

I am 2 1/2 and i will turn 3 in 2 months! :mrgreen:

posted by  Racer14

Why did you bring up a 2 year old thread :doh:

posted by  99integra

I dunno. Cause he wanted to...

posted by  StiMan

Good answer :roll:

posted by  99integra

Well hey, it is a reasonable answer. Why really does anybody do anything? A lot of the time cause they want to, not a good reason but what else can be said for some people.

And i'm also 15 (since i'm posting anyway)

posted by  car_crazy89

HAHA! i beat you all, im the yougest
HAZAH!

posted by  Racer14

We figured that :laughing:

posted by  99integra

How old are you really? I know its not '2 1/2' but i bet its pretty close. Dont take me too seriously here.

posted by  car_crazy89

who are u talking to?

posted by  99integra

Who me? If so then i'm talking to Racer14.

posted by  car_crazy89

OHHH, u didn't really direct the question, sorry :doh:

posted by  99integra

Sorry, i didnt really think about that. I hope you didnt think i was talking about you lol.

posted by  car_crazy89

17. When Im 18 I shall start looking for one of the cars in my sig :mrgreen: :rock:

posted by  Satty101

would it count if i said I was REALLY 18
oh and Satty101, I Shall get those cars b4 you, HAHAHAHAHAH,
sorry, hey Satty, what about my sig, done talking?

posted by  Racer14

Getting there. Just relax.

posted by  Satty101

dont worry, im relaxed, im just asking a simple question is all

posted by  Racer14

But I have been enthusastic about automobile since I am a child.

posted by  aim8848

.... sigh.... 31 next week... :banghead: :cussing: :mrgreen:

posted by  dodger65

Turned 20 about a month ago

posted by  Ghost

17 :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

...and walk&talk like Guido Hatzis ? :wink2:

posted by  Wally

I doubt that...

posted by  StiMan

That's right bro. :mrgreen:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Well dont, cause its my real age, even ask
Hondaman, he knows me well

posted by  Racer14

Meh, I dont really care..

posted by  StiMan

i am 15 yaers old

posted by  google.com

how do you convert yaers to years? :wink2:

posted by  dodger65

A few months short of 43. :thumbs:

posted by  fc7gtx

LOL...I thought Loophole had returned when I saw this thread...I then realised it was 2yrs old :ohcrap:

I'm 22 :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

How come everyone with lots of posts is too young to even have a lisence? Im 18 for a couple more months.

posted by  flamingheads

because they're the ones that don't have to do work between their posts.

posted by  windsonian

I thought the same thing. Yeah I am 23 BTW :doh:

posted by  Voda48

16 is my old age

posted by  goof692c

You got me beat. I'll be 42 in August...

posted by  ChrisV

In this forum I wonder if that is a good thing??? I'm afraid they will start calling us grandpa. :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  fc7gtx

hi there grandpa. :laughing:

i 'm 17 soon to be 18 in july. :thumbs:

posted by  enzo#2

I Am 15

posted by  google.com

Well that didn't take long. :laughing: How about grandpa with a mean musclecar. :smoke:

posted by  fc7gtx

what about grandpa with a nice, friendly musclecar? what's wrong with that?

posted by  dodger65

That does sound better, but I thought old geezes were grumpy and mean. That's what I hear anyways. :mrgreen:

posted by  fc7gtx

Old geezes are grumpy and mean, so obviously you arent an old geeze lol. And you do got a pretty fine car.

posted by  car_crazy89

And google.com, how many times do you have to tell us your 15? You've already said it like 3 times, i'm starting to believe you may be younger then that. I think everyone understands how old you are by now.

posted by  car_crazy89

You should do a search on all the posts he has sent and it might reinforce your idea.

posted by  99integra

Haha ya, i've alreayd read alot of them but just pass them off but they keep on coming so i'm starting to wonder if its almsot another carEXPERT or something.

posted by  car_crazy89

Im actualy 1 1/2 oh and
Hi Grampz yO was GOin dOwn , hehe, i now have 2 grampz :smoke:

posted by  Racer14

No, on this forum it's definitely not a good thing. Too many argumentative kids that think they know everything. :laughing:

posted by  ChrisV

well, I'm a curmudgeon, not a geeze. :mrgreen:

posted by  ChrisV

I may be 'TOO' young to know this but what is a curmudgeon? :wink2: And your definately not old, your just more experienced.

posted by  car_crazy89

I am not a crusty, ill-tempered, old man. But I believe you can say I'm about ten years older than anyone here. I still laugh,poke fun and watch Tom & Jerry. Grandpa, two times. :laughing: If we're lucky, we all get old. You can't get out of this world alive. :doh: :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

oh........i'm not argumentative. i like to let people have their own opinion and not try to argue with them about what they think is right or wrong. and i won't make fun of you guys for being a couple of geezers either. :laughing:

posted by  enzo#2

a crusty, ill-tempered, and usually old man. KIDS?

posted by  lectroid

Good thing thats definately not you. Your as friendly as someone at rush hour on the 401 :laughing: .

posted by  car_crazy89

I hope that was meant as an insult. :mrgreen:

posted by  lectroid

Haha, I meant whatever you think sounds better, i'll leave it up to you. :wink2: Your not crusty, maybe a little hard around the edges but definately not crusty. :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

hehhehhe. This article is why I'm a curmudgeon...

A Few Good Grumps

By Jon Winokur, November-December 2003

Cranky, rude, indispensable. Our group of grumpy know-it-alls—including Bill O'Reilly and Andy Rooney—explain (and you better pay attention) why America needs curmudgeons now more than ever

Curmudgeons keep the rest of us cockeyed optimists honest. That's why we need them more than ever. (If you don't like it, lump it.)

When author Ray Bradbury was 13, he saw W. C. Fields standing on a Hollywood street corner. Excitedly, the boy approached Fields with a sheet of paper for an autograph.

Fields signed his name, handed back the paper, and said, "There you are, you little son of a bitch."

Fields was something of a twisted patron saint of curmudgeonry. He didn't like children, and he made no pretense otherwise. Like all good curmudgeons, Fields attacked false sentiment—because it devalues the real thing.

We call curmudgeons "irascible," "grouchy," "grumpy"—even "mean." But the world needs curmudgeons. They refuse to see life through the filter of wishful thinking and are outspoken in their devotion to the harsh realities of life. They protect the rest of us, stumbling about blindly behind our rose-colored glasses, from ourselves.

Still, these are tough times for curmudgeons. In an age of fast-food intellect, when crudity is mistaken for cleverness, the articulate, witty curmudgeon seems out of place. Try imagining such saber-tongued cynics as Mark Twain, James Thurber, and H. L. Mencken grousing about America in 2003. Can you imagine Mencken, a man who once called the American people the most "sniveling, poltroonish, ignominious mob of serfs and goose-steppers ever gathered under one flag in Christendom since the end of the Middle Ages," adapting to an era of Freedom Fries? (When Mencken was asked why he chose to live in the U.S. if he thought it was so horrible, he snapped back, "Why do men go to zoos?")

Slowly, almost imperceptibly, our nation is becoming curmudgeon intolerant. It's as though our American ears, like our American bellies, have gone soft. Look around and you'll see the triumph of the mindless happy. It began, perhaps, with the publication of I'm OK—You're OK and has culminated in more recent bookstore offerings such as You Can Be Happy No Matter What. On TV, upbeat Oprah rules, and, in their less-than-stellar 60 Minutes debates, Bill Clinton rejected one of Bob Dole's topics because it was too, well, cranky.

It's only in recent years that curmudgeons have gotten a bad rep, says author P. J. O'Rourke, the resident curmudgeon at Rolling Stone. "In Mencken's era, curmudgeons were role models," he says. "Robert Benchley, S. J. Perelman … even Will Rogers, for all his supposed friendliness, had a barbed tongue. The curmudgeon was above it all. He was a major player until the world was overwhelmed by the baby boom, and suddenly everyone had to be young forever."

Comedian Richard Lewis agrees that the domination of youth culture is at the heart of what's wrong with the world: "It's pathetic that people are trying to almost 'Frankenstein' themselves to stay young. I tell people my body is deteriorating as I'm standing there performing. And it's okay. Like the night I banged my knee slightly on the edge of a hotel bed, and the next morning it looked like I had Gorbachev's birthmark on my thigh."

O'Rourke and Lewis are unlikely curmudgeons. They're both barely old enough to have outgrown the label of "angry young man"—a temporary condition often confused with true curmudgeonhood. While curmudgeonry is not an inevitable part of aging (like wisdom, it doesn't automatically arrive at one's fifth decade, or even the seventh), a lifetime of experience does help nurture it. As Homer Simpson's father, Abe, says, "The good Lord lets us grow old for a reason: to gain the wisdom to find fault with everything he's made."

Curmudgeons aren't just funny or just mean. Part of what makes a curmudgeon is an almost allergic reaction to injustice. When confronted with it, he responds with two powerful weapons: disgust and sarcasm. In the early 1930s, after the success of the movie The Cocoanuts, Groucho Marx attempted to join a restricted swimming club near his new home in suburban Long Island. The manager told him that his application couldn't be accepted because the club didn't accept Jews. Groucho pondered this for a moment and asked, "Well, then, how about my son? He's only half Jewish. Can he go in the water up to his waist?"

The curmudgeon's excruciating sensitivity to life's countless insults—even those that may not be intentional—is both a curse and sustenance for his muse. A woman at a party once told James Thurber that she'd read a French translation of his My Life and Hard Times, adding, "You know, the book is even better in French!" To which Thurber replied, "Yes—my work tends to lose something in the original."

Curmudgeons are classic outsiders—they instinctively distrust conventional wisdom and challenge authority. They are proudly and aggressively out of touch with the pop culture. Curmudgeons don't read "relationship" books, they don't carry pagers, and they don't have TiVo. They don't do pilates, feng shui, or aromatherapy. Curmudgeons never watch "Must See TV"—and they know the very term is a contradiction.

"Popular culture has always been moronic," says O'Rourke. "It has to be, by mathematics. I mean, one-half of the population is by definition below median intelligence."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

Curmudgeons are disillusioned, but only in the strictest sense of the word. That is, they harbor no illusions—something that allows them to think clearly. They howl against clichés because they prize originality. Take Dorothy Parker's response when a woman informed her, "I really can't come to your party. I can't bear fools." Answered Parker: "That's strange, your mother could."

Parker played a leading role in the golden age of curmudgeonry, the 1920s and '30s. At New York's Algonquin Hotel, she held court at the famous "Round Table" along with such acerbic wits as George S. Kaufman, Ring Lardner, Noel Coward, and Benchley. Groucho Marx described the scene as "an intellectual slaughterhouse."

If curmudgeons are occasionally testy, it's partly because they bear a terrific burden. Curmudgeons don't hate sinners, just sins. They don't hate humankind, just humankind's excesses—and they hold out secret hope for the improvement of the species.

"Curmudgeons are idealists at heart," insists 60 Minutes commentator Andy Rooney, who may qualify as America's Curmudgeon Laureate. "They're trying to straighten out the whole world. I think criticism is the best source of change." Rooney says of Mencken, his hero, "He was willing to inspect our whole world, using his brain without any sentiment—which most Americans are not willing to do.

"Still, I do have a very low boiling point, and I tend to get annoyed with a lot of things happening in the world. I can't stand how consistently people refuse to face the facts about issues."

http://www.aarpmagazine.org/people/Articles/a2003-09-23-goodrumps.html

for the whole article (and sadly, it's in AARP magazine...)

posted by  ChrisV

Wow, that was a long(ish) article, i read it all but i still dont totally understand it, i dont really recognize most of the names mentioned in it either. I think you may be some of those things but your not all (as far as i know anyway) so that must make you only half of one :mrgreen: .

posted by  car_crazy89

Godamnit I'm a Curmudgeon! I enjoyed that ChrisV, thankyou for posting it.

hey I watch TCM to get a fix of B&W now and again. :wink2:

posted by  Wally

Aaaa, noshin like sha clashics (whoopsh, forgot ma teesh)
Aaaa, nothing like the classics! :hi:

posted by  srober32

I get the magazine and never read it. :oops:
Long, but worth every syllable.Loved it. :thumbs: Will Rogers still rules and W.C. Fields is a riot(and was true to himself) the ol son of a bitch :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

born 1901 and still get it up :cussing:

posted by  MR BIG HARDCOCK

Age is for wimps, i get a stiffy every morning and that's what really counts.

posted by  Worzel_wart

I think you both are between the ages of 7-10, and thats if your lucky. I say that cause of how you talk and how funny you think you are. I honestly dont think your making anybody laugh except for maybe each other but your sex lives arent our business. You got no purpose or value here so why come back? If you say your any older then 10 then act your age. Its good to be immature sometimes but your pushing it.

posted by  car_crazy89

I would say that the three of them came to this forum to turn it to shit or at least make people laugh but they suck at both :screwy: :2cents:

posted by  99integra

I'd say it was just one person using 3 accounts and pretending to cyber by himself :screwy: What a sad git.

posted by  fudge

You could very well be right. They all seem to think a like (not at all or stupid) so it wouldnt surprise me if they were the same person, maybe someone whos been here before. And i agree 99integra, they arent funny and not really ruining this place, kind of annoying but thats about it. When will some people learn and grow up though, like geez.

posted by  car_crazy89

I have lots of posts and I'm not too young to drive....I even have a licence :hi:

And Voda, I'm 23 in September if ya wanna get piccy lol jk :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

OH YA i win im the yongest person on this thread lol 14 till september 9th lol my bday is 9/9/90

posted by  hhsrastler92

Same day as my friends except he's a year older. Mines only 5 days after, cant wait, DMV here i come :mrgreen:

posted by  car_crazy89

still gotta year and a 3months till i can drive legally lol but hey i got my boatin lincses

posted by  hhsrastler92

Your Message