Drive Safe

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Drive Safe

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=5861858

Worked valet with the guy. :cry:

posted by  newyorker

Sad news. You knew him well? :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Not really, just worked with him for a few months.

posted by  newyorker

My heart goes out to his family. From what I've read, lots of people crash at that spot. Maybe they'll do something this time.

posted by  chris_knows

Roosevelt blvd. is the real highway to hell

posted by  newyorker

They put up a new vid a few minutes ago, the guy whos his friend actually worked with us too

posted by  newyorker

Thats terrible

posted by  SyntheticTrust

I just talked to his friend who also worked with us he said that he was drivin hit a dip and bottomed out lost it skid 1000 feet hit a tree flipped hit a pole nad then another tree. And this guy was supposed to be in the car with him at the time but he went to drop his gf off at home

posted by  newyorker

I am sorry to hear about this death and for you having to deal with this. Especially as I think I understand reading though the posts, you knew both folks.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Thanks man, fortunately I only knew him as a buddy, not quite a friend, we didnt have time to get to know each other that well, so I am not as deeply affected by this as others. He couldnt handle that car though, only had it for like 6 months, one night we were cruising a highway at a fairly high speed and he was in front of me, every manuever that he made seemed sloppy, and seemed like he was going to lose it, so I cant say I am surprised. About 2 months ago he lost control of the car slid into a curb and flipped it on its side, but that got fixed, so I cant really say he was a good driver, not that it makes it any easier for anyone to absorb this.

posted by  newyorker

Nothing makes it easier - not even Jack Daniels and 7-up or a pint of Newcastle Ale.

I have memories of my Senior year in High School. This tragedy happened in September 1980 - there was a very sweet girl (also was good looking - her physical features boys and men pay attention to were similar to one of the females around here 30% of our folks have the hots for) who was killed in a collision with a Southern Railways freight train on her way to school. I remember asking my French teacher Mrs D if the girl I heard about on the news the day before was the same one who was in our French class my Junior year- It ripped me apart to hear Mrs D say yes.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

doesnt make it easier but I gotta try it, I tried jack and coke and that did nothing, had 3 yaeger bombs last night and nothing lol shits weak

posted by  newyorker

Just to give people a feel for the intensity of the crash, the funeral was closed-casket. R.I.P. buddy :cry:

posted by  newyorker

saturday night (1/5) we are holding a memorial cruise we will meet at the local mall and then cruise to the crash site, hopefully some people show up, il update

posted by  newyorker

this is such a tragic story. love and support from here.

posted by  gerrawrd

I wonder what the police investigators mean by "speeding"? Because, technically speaking, if you were doing 50 in a 45, you are speeding. However, from the looks of that car, it looks like that was a lot faster than what should be allowed on that street. I'm assuming that "small Honda" refers to a Del Sol or Coupe Civic, which hitting a solid object(like a large tree) at 50+ in one of those drastically reduces your chances of survival.

None the less, these things are inevitably sad when they happen. We all take risks everyday when we go out driving... science just had it that he and his passenger would pay the ultimate price that day.

Also, whats up with the sister with the B/F in the red Celica? Could it be possible that they were "racing"? If that be the case, then the police investigation won't ever recover that story. No sibling in their right mind would ever admit that... Now that I think about it, it seems more plausible that a "good kid" egged on by his sisters boyfriend would adventure into some casual street racing.

What a shame...

posted by  DSMer

he was doing 100+ in the 45 zone in his s2000 and bottomed out nad lost it.

posted by  newyorker

Wow, let the parents and friends tell it. He's a perfect guy, but he does a 100+ in a 45. Just for clarification... 100MPH on non highway roads is just asking for it. Its a shame his passenger died but at least he didn't kill any innocent bystanders.

posted by  DSMer

i know he's you buddy and all ny'er, but it appears that he created his own tragedy. all we can hope is that maybe someone might learn from his fatal mistake instead of chalking it up to fate or bad luck or "bad things happen to good people"...:2cents:

posted by  dodger65

i totally agree, i even told him before to take it easy and sad to say he had it coming to him..it doesnt make it any easier for his family though but thats just the way it is

posted by  newyorker

Just found out that his mom shot herself a few days ago...such a shame

posted by  newyorker

Oh dear....Sometimes loved ones just can't cope. There was a fatality on a railway line in the UK a few months ago, a few days after the young girl was killed, her mother commited suicide on that same stretch of track. Thoughts are with all concerned. :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message