Whoops....

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Whoops....

I read in the paper yesterday that two twins got married without realising they were seperated at birth! The Headline in the Evening Standard was 'Twins Marry!' which boggled the mind to say the least, lol. On a more serious note, it's a sad story if it's genuine...I'm interested to know how the media got wind of this though, as it's not something I'd want to broadcast if it involved me!

Click (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7182817.stm) for news story!

posted by  Cliffy

I wonder how they found out that they were twins...And why they didn't figure it out before getting married lol.

posted by  chris_knows

It made the papers here in the U.S.

I am not sure about British adoption laws but here in the U.S. some states have laws requiring adoption records be made open to persons with a legitimate need to allow a child and/or a birth parent to find the other. Other U.S. states require a court order to open the records.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Until recently, I don't believe we had that law. Now it's very different though I think.

posted by  Cliffy

well that sucks

posted by  SyntheticTrust

what sucks? The adoption records remaining sealed, the kids finding each other / parents, etc.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

The fact that they thought they found the person they were going to live with for the rest of their life, only to find out it would be incest.

posted by  Ruiner

Wow, that would be crazy and I hope they were ferternal otherwise that would be a little scary. And would make you wonder if they were hallusinating to think they it was just a happening that it would randomily look so alike.

posted by  Guru

Your Message