New job..lovin it

Home  \  Off Topic  \  New job..lovin it

Working at a used car dealership. We have over 100 cars and I am in charge of the whole eBay operation of it. Last week has been me running around to auctions picking up cars and such, definately drove a lot of cool stuff. Listed 41 cars for sale on eBay so far, and took some pictures of a few that were missing so thought I would share.

2003 BMW Z4 w/ SMG trans...nothing beats driving a car with the top down in 34 degree weather ;)

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2021/1003161dr4.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/359/1003164mq7.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8119/1003157he2.jpg

2007 Mini Cooper S (now turbocharged with a twin scroll) only 4k miles but automatic unfortunately

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9658/1003119fw4.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8018/1003139pz8.jpg

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/128/1003143bf9.jpg

Suggestions on improving pictures is apretiated, the better the pix, the better the sale :)

Also here is a description I scratched up for the Z4, gotta run it by my boss first but id like to get some opinions on it as well.

BMW Z4 SMG

Exterior:This car features a truly beautiful design by BMW. This model comes equipped with beautiful 17 inch wheels and performance tires, as well as a gorgeous silver paint finish. Headlights are High Intensity Discharge (HID) Xenon, which light the road through a projector lens. A BMW logo sits on both side-markers as seen in the pictures below. The convertible top, upon being lowered has it’s own integrated tonneau for a clean appearance. All panels are fit with the German precision you have come to expect. This car looks classy and aggressive from every angle.

Interior:
Just as the outside of the car, the interior also shows a high quality build. A great combination of Black/Charcoal/Red parts in the interior, as well as a brushed aluminum look on the front face of the dashboard gives your driving experience a . Steering wheel mounted cruise control, and stereo control is here as well, and shift paddles are also mounted to the back of the wheel. Seats are sport style red leather, soft and supportive, and both driver and passenger have 3 levels of heating for each seat, as well as 8-way power adjustment. The convertible top is one of the fastest on the market, and is fully electronic: there are no latches to undo, a simple press of a button and the top is fully stored away in seconds.

Engine and Transmission:
This Z4 comes with an Inline 4 cylinder 2.5 liter engine that offers excellent horsepower, and torque at any RPM. EPA rates this car at 28 miles per gallon on the highway, a superb number given it’s performance. This is truly a superb engine that begs to be driven. The transmission, is a Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG) that offers a manual mode where you can change gear through the paddle shifters, or with a flick of the shifter, and a fully automatic mode is also available. The SMG transmission offers the benefits of a manual transmission without the tedium in traffic situations. Press the SPORT button and the transmission will shift faster, the engine will rev harder, and this little BMW really does become “The Ultimate Driving Machine”

Stop dreaming and start driving, this BMW is the perfect car for a commuter who wants to stand out, or a driving enthusiast who craves tire shredding performance.

posted by  newyorker

Congrats! I'd love a job like that. I'd probably do it for free lol.

posted by  chris_knows

are you trying to sell Z4's in general, or are you trying to sell THIS Z4? probability is if a person is looking at this car on ebay, they know what a Z4 is. But what makes this Z4 stand out from the others? Perfect paint? low miles? unusual color combination? Hard to find SMG gear box? i dont know anything about BMW's, and you just sold me on the brand, but i think i will go somewhere else and find a lower price. :2cents:

posted by  dvdrose18

Yea I am still working on it...only like a week and change into the job so I got a lot of catching up to do.

Here are some pictures from the auction I went to on my first day...lots of impressive stuff there. These are from my cell phone

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/562084034aDrXlj

posted by  newyorker

The description of the Z4 has a lot of English errors, and a lot of repeated words (like superb and beautiful), which makes it sound juvenile. However, the average American eBay shopper won't notice. Also dvdrose makes a good point, there will be hundreds of Z4s on eBay, and the things that you mentioned pertained to every single one of them. What makes this one special?

And the engine is an inline 6.

Also based on your title I thought for sure your new job was at McDonalds. Ba da ba ba ba....

posted by  Mathew

It has a few run-on sentences and misplaced commas, but in general it's not too bad. Certainly not "a lot" of errors.

I don't think you should have followed up a criticism of his English with a sentence fragment. Ordinarily I'd definitely let you get away with it because sentence structure isn't really necessary in forum posts. However, you used a capital at the start, a full stop at the end, and had just criticised his use of the written word, so I thought I'd mention it.

While there is some merit in this line of thought, the description will be attached to the particular car that he's selling. Sure, an astute buyer will realise that the description applies to the other Z4 he's just looked at that said "2003 BMW Z4, VGC" ... but there will be at least SOME subconscious attachment of the description to that particular car (in my opinion anyway).

I do agree, however, that specifics would probably help further, and maybe a few less flowery adjectives would give it a more mature feel.

posted by  windsonian

He's writing a professional ad for a company, I'm writing on a forum. How is that the same? Are you looking to start an argument? My point is valid, yours is wasted.

posted by  Mathew

Guys stop bickering. As far as me describing the particular vehicles at hand, we also have a section called a condition report where we go over the paint quality, interior quality, etc.etc.

posted by  newyorker

Aren't we talking about eBay?!?!

posted by  windsonian

I agree with regard to the over-use of words such as "beautiful" and "superb", on websites such as eBay, people would rather do without I'm sure. On the other hand it makes the company appear more upmarket. Maybe. I was going to mention about the engine too, but at first assumed maybe you lot bored the 4-cylinder lump out to 2.5-litres (bit like you done with the Impreza). I also had a chuckle about the thread title, and my first thought was "NY'er has got himself a placement at McDonalds"...

posted by  Cliffy

yea I changed the inline 4 part..dont know what made me think it was a 4

posted by  newyorker

You could remove the bit of paper on the floor....It looks amateurish like that, lol. :smoke: :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

**** wind

posted by  newyorker

Your Message