how is this done?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  how is this done?

alright guys last year i gave my little brother a 94 labaron gtc with 120k miles on it he turns 16 in a couple months and i want him to have a decent car because i know how crapy it was for me in highschool with a faded red (pink) ford tor-ass.

So he has really been geting into cars and now he thinks he needs to make his car a Mercedes kit car like the one in the picture.. i told him it would probably cost way to much but he asked me if i could ask around and see what all it would take so any help would be great guys like where can i buy a kit like this or have one made and how much work is it? thanks!

I know it doesn’t look like a labaron but it is
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a161/bounty_kid/JYjovi_lebaron.jpg

posted by  SUCCESS

Thats a great idea for posers. It still looks like a lebaron, and kit cars are super lame, but im sure someone makes a kit for it..look around online

posted by  newyorker

Kit cars aren't lame. Some replicas can be, however. But so many kits can be fun to build and fun to own/drive.

posted by  ChrisV

I wonder if a dumb blonde can be picked up in that pimp ride? :orglaugh:

posted by  shad0wburn

It's a lot easier to criticize than it is to actually type something useful. To each, his own. One might think cutting up an exhaust into ten pieces to bend is for posers.

I wish I could help, but I've personally never seen these kits. I do, however, recommend you make sure that picture is real. There are a few minor things in the picture that suggest photoshop.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I'm no expert, but I'm thinking it would cost way more to do that than the car's actually worth. Then, not only do you have just a replica, but just a replica of a car that's not really worth replicating.

I personally would never do it, but to each his own. If your brother just has to do some;thing drastic liek that though, I would advise him to find a different car that could be had for the same price of this conversion or less and still be nice...I'm sure they're out there.

I tihnk it would probably take at least $3000-$3500 to do that, but again, I'm not expert.

posted by  jedimario

I don't know if that pic is real, but the kit is real...I found a couple for Mustangs to Mercedes SL500.

I have seen a couple of Lebarons converted to SL300's. I haven't found any for sale, but at least it helps narrow down what you're looking for.

Some hardcore enthusiasts might be able to notice the difference (maybe), but the girls won't :wink2:

posted by  chris_knows

$5000 to buy the Foxbody Mustang kit (http://www.v8archie.com/sl500.htm)

posted by  jedimario

Yes. That last statement was a PUN and it was Intended :thumbs:

Nissan_Altima:

I am not sure why you added my quote in there but it made absolutely no sense at all:2cents:

posted by  shad0wburn

Easy there...I think newyorker just doesn't knwo the difference.

posted by  jedimario

Why should I go easy on newyorker? :mrgreen:

posted by  ChrisV

Good point. Carry on =)

posted by  jedimario

Your Message