One new pic

Home  \  Off Topic  \  One new pic

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/7361/1003609copykp6.jpg
winter mode

comments on the car and photography apretiated

posted by  newyorker

there seems to be a lack of squareness, and the background colors make your car look bland, and is that a dent on the passengers door?

posted by  dvdrose18

Nice, but the path behind the car makes it look like its got a doofy looking spoiler sticking out the back end.

posted by  Bubba

Your car screams "Granny with snow tires".

Colour + steelies + no tint on a 4-door sedan. No offense, but that's what I see senior citizens rolling around in. That's where the "Granny with snow tires" comment comes in.

Next to that.....see above comments and duplicate. Colouring is bland, and the footpath makes your car look like it has a goofy spoiler with a quick glance.

Photography for a car of that colour would be much better suited against a very contrasting background, to make it stand out more.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Not to mention it says advanced photography on the bottom, which is pretty optimistic.

posted by  Mathew

yes i was cleaning snow around it last winter slipped and fell shoulder first into my door

all points taken, and I might be getting a free set of Honda OEM wheelcovers so im lookin forward to that

posted by  newyorker

Thats my tag

posted by  newyorker

what is that on the drivers door? the little black stripe?maybe letters just wondering.

posted by  V-Tec

Its a tag of a local area club im in..you can see it in all of my pictures, even the one in my sig. I have to take it off and apply a new one this one is crooked

posted by  newyorker

A good fill flash would've helped. I've learned that flash is VERY useful in daylight pictures. While your wheels are the generic black and not too interesting, bringing out more detail would be great.

I do like the timing on the building itself...sunset tones are great!

It's very true about that path in the background. Always take extra care in placing your subject within the frame of the background.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Composition of the picture could be better.

Car looks bland and I hate to say it horrible. The steelies realy kill it. I understand they are for the winter so there is not much you can do but have you considered polishing the lip.

Ive seen it on an xA and although it may sound ghetto, moving it looks WAY better and when parked although it made msot knowledgeable people giggle, most of us admited it was a clever way to dress up the ugly ass steelies a little.

With a bland color like that, backdrops should be more vivid, so the car stand out more. Maybe a deep blue body of water, a very deep green yard, etc etc.

If you wanted to try and spice that one up you may be able to do it with jacking with the color saturation and contrast a little.

Ill try and see if I can spice it up a little.

posted by  Enthusiast

PS has the rear bumper been repainted?

posted by  Enthusiast

yes the car was in 2 accidents before I got it and the mexicans at the paint shop didnt do a good job (i saw them, they were mexicans)

posted by  newyorker

And them being mexicans means what? You sure they were mexican? Did they come from mexico? Your a damn racist and even being a white hick from the south it annoys me.

Also some of the best body guys I know are mexicans, from mecixo.

posted by  Enthusiast

LOL relax dude..the guys couldnt even handle a paint gun properly, and yes they were mexican, the shop owner told me. Not arguing with the last part, but these guys obviously couldnt do body work for shit

posted by  newyorker

His point is what does it matter where they came from/what colour their skin is....it doesn't. A caucasian, african-american, asian, native american.....any one of them could screw up just as bad. Just because they were mexican really has no bearing on the quality of work that was provided.

You racist prick.

posted by  dodgerforlife

It just fits the stereotype, thats why I find it funny...you dumb dick.

posted by  newyorker

Dumb dick? You're the one blasting out the stereotypes and being racist.

Read the rules.

Blaming piss-poor work on Mexicans seems pretty racist if you ask me. Like I said, their nationality/skin colour really should have no bearing in the quality of work.

posted by  dodgerforlife

The fact that they are mexicans could be relevant in that mexicans (primarily the illegal ones, or those on a green card) are often used to generate a lot of money at a low cost, as such they often don't recieve proper training, and are hired for jobs they may not be particularly good at, just because they are cheep. They may have been a medical person in mexico, but when they came here, they took whatever job they could find. they may not be good at it, but hey, they get paid, and they don't have to learn to speak english. This holds true for many emmigrants, but around here it is most commonly the mexicans.

posted by  dvdrose18

Stop jumping on every opportunity to look like a forum hero and get a life...you havent learned yet that you have to take what I say with a grain of salt??

posted by  newyorker

Maybe you had better start conveying your ideas and/or thoughts in a manner more easily read.

It is not up to the reader to read your mind or guess your facial expression(s).

posted by  BavarianWheels

So wait...What does being Mexican have to do with anything again? lol

posted by  chris_knows

Your face, d'oh :doh:

posted by  jedimario

Wait..who has twice as many posts in a short amount of time...on this account, not to mention various other usernames?

You're the one who needs a life, especially if that's your mindset.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Agreed. Too bad Newyorker didn't say that in the first place. Seeing as this happened in the northeast though, this may not be the case.

posted by  giant016

It was basically implied..I dont have time to sit here and write essays about why I say what

posted by  newyorker

Your Message