102.2 and 147 BPM

Home  \  Off Topic  \  102.2 and 147 BPM

Yup thats me. Sick with the FLU. All night in the ER til my fever broke and my heart rate slowed. GET YOUR FLU SHOTS!

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Been out myself for the past 4 days...didn't quite have it as bad (with fever and ER...) but nasty throat and chest pain!

Hope you're feeling better.

posted by  BavarianWheels

I had the Flu jab back in November (it was free from the company I work for...) and have yet to even get a bad cold. Well, I have the sniffles at the moment, and will probably end up with a cold, but certainly not a bad one *Touches wood*...Hope you're feeling better soon, Synth! :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

I received the flu vaccine (while in the military...required) for 4 years in a row...and all four years I got the flu. Since leaving, I've only had it three times...in more than ___ years. :wink2:

I avoid the flu vaccine at all costs!

posted by  BavarianWheels

I skipped my flu shot this year too. I skipped the 2 years before that too I think, and didn't get sick, so I don't see a point to it.

I hate doctors...I don't think I'd go just because I had a high temperature and heart rate. I'd at least wait until something started bulging from where it shouldn't lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I never get the flu shot...I've really only had the flu once, but that was bad. I felt like I was dieing.

But now even this year living in a dorm I got a couple of mild symptoms for about 24 hours and that was it.

posted by  jedimario

I had my flu shot and still got some kind of crud which kept me in bed last weekend. but nothing like you have/had.

Hope you are feeling better.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

I second that.... I've had it once at work.... that year i had the worst flu i've had, which then morphed into tonsilitis and eventually glandular fever. Fun.

posted by  windsonian

thank god i got over my sickness. iv been sick for the past 3 weeks. so yeah im sick of being sick lol

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

im pretty sure i bust a higher temp than that taking a large crap, and you get way over 142 in one good round of counterstrike knifn people, the flu is just a free high you get once a year....enjoy it dont fight it :drool:

posted by  BanffAutoSpa_ap

Been there. Done that. :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

I was miserable!

posted by  SyntheticTrust

Sweetheart, I now know how you felt. If you felt like I am describing below, you must have really felt crappy.

I was working at one of our plants in another state early last week and got sick with a 102 fever and aches. Ended up going to the urgent care clinic at a local hospital there and was told I had the flu and an upper respiratory infection on top of that. Was prescribed antibiotics for the respiratory infection. I started getting sick Mon and finally stopped running a fever on Fri. This was the worst I have ever felt in my life.

to beat all, I had a flue shot - the docs at the hospital I went to told me this flu which is still going around is a different strain than the one I was vaccinated against.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Your Message