auto tech school

Home  \  Off Topic  \  auto tech school

Ok Im going to be graduating high school soon and Im deciding to go to a autotech school afterwards. Im thinking about Wyotech and UTI. I need your guys opinion on this one. which would be better to sign up for?

Wyotech or UTI

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

I have heard about both but don't know them personally.

In Tennessee, The state community college system and local county school boards provide auto mechanics and auto body as part of the vocational school/adult education programs. In our system, the classes are taught by local professionals under contract using the State of Tennessee's material. These local teachers have contacts which help the kids find jobs when they graduate. Does Pennsylvania have a similar system?

posted by  tbaxleyjr

I think PA has something like that. I think its called Job Corp which trains kids to be out in the real world and they do have a little automotive section of it but i think it sucks. i took a tour of the place all i saw was juviees and other dirty people and something like that. hmm but other than that we have this place near me called PCT pen college tech which teaches from auto tech to aviation tech. they have alot of opertunities there and they do help kids find jobs. i would go there but its to pricey
well i kind of hate PCT because they have math and english etc. classes to go wit it and i had just enough of those classes to make me sick.
anyways my auto tech teacher at my high school gave me these better off choices to go to wyotech or uti and i dont know where to go.

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

The adult education and State vocational school programs are not Job Corps.

Best of luck finding a good program

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Check out the "automotive careers" section in the forums on LS1tech.com. Wyotech, UTI and other schools always come up and people who went there talk about them.

posted by  giant016

ok ill look into it. but know im asking u guys. which one would u prefer

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

If someone here has been to one of these schools, they can speak of their own experiences. No one on an internet forum can make educational and career choices for another person.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

ok iv decided on wat school to go to thanks to some guys. so u can pretty much leave this thread good as dead

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

you have to decide on what you really want to do and then choose.....:wink2:

posted by  atlantis

mmm i already made up my mind as u can see on my reply above. but ur still right.

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

Ok - we'll consider the thread dead....

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Your Message