new car

Home  \  Off Topic  \  new car

ended up buying a new 2007 Kia Rondo literally off of the showroom floor instead of an HHR. Our local dealer made me an offer I could not refuse.

Not a bad car for its price

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Hows she drive? Got any pics yet? Congrats on your purchase.

posted by  Spanky2324

Congrats! Over the past few years Kia has made some drastic improvements in their cars.

And I'm with Spanky, we need more info.

posted by  chris_knows

Congrats on the new car! Post pics if ya can!

posted by  Cliffy

drives sweet for a mid size low cost crossover SUV. Has decent acceleration and shifts smoothly. I like the transmission controller the Asians are using. I have the 4 cyl w/ 4 speed automatic. The car has 4 wheel ABS and electronic stability control in addition to the other KIA standard features.

I drove another 07 Rondo as a rental several months ago, driving it from S.E. Tennessee to Muscle Shoals AL, then from Muscle Shoals to Paducah Ky and back (close to 700 miles) and enjoyed it so I was familiar with this model before I bought one

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Kia's QC has improved over the past 10 yrs since they were acquired by Hyundai. The fit up of the body panels is excellent

posted by  tbaxleyjr

I call shenanigans on Diamondgoldsilv! What he posted sounds so familiar. It almost feels as if it came out of my own mouth.

posted by  chris_knows

:orglaugh: and I thought trolls were smarter than that...:ohcrap:

Edit: I just realized every single one of his posts were plagiarized. Time to send him a bill for using your copyrighted words

posted by  dvdrose18

I just deleted diamondsilvergold - all of his links in his signature were spam

posted by  tbaxleyjr

We have an 07 Kia Sportage at work, its v6, and it feels really sluggish and slow, and has a cheap feel and looks like....duno i never liked em

posted by  newyorker

My dad just bought a Nissan Rogue, looks similar to the Rondo, sold the BMW for it cause of the premium gas being 4 bucks a gallon. Nice car there T :thumbs:

posted by  99integra

Free? :laughing:

Congrats :thumbs:

posted by  jedimario

I don't know id free is a good term but I do want to comment on plastic

I drove a Chrysler 300 last week to Paducah KY and back - the car drove well but the interior looked too much like my Kia for a $35K+ car (the 300)

l like 25mpg around town (I paid $3.25 / gallon here today when I filled up.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Thats the best part of that car...(actually the only good part about that car) is the gas mileage. IMO

posted by  JPolito830

You are right on the money!

posted by  newyorker

Congrats on the new car Tbax. Hope it gets good gas mileage!

posted by  97Talonchik

I get between 22 and 25 MPG around town (between where I live and downtown) and between 30 and 33 MPG depending on how fast I am driving

I have the 2.4 L 4 cyl 4 speed automatic with the 5 passenger seating configuration. The car is not a roadster by any means (my Mother's MercedesBenz C240 will definitely out run it on the top end)

posted by  tbaxleyjr

LMAO...well Benz vs. Kia isn't really a fair fight. :wink2:

posted by  97Talonchik

i know kia is so much better....:laughing:

posted by  salimander13

Not a fair fight but I don't have $38K (what a 2002 MB C240 cost new in 2002 - who knows what one would cost new today) invested in my car either.

I have driven the C240 a couple of times - it will move rather swiftly

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Hey I got a Talon that I might be willing to deal on...you know, if you're interested in a *ahem* reliable car? :laughing:

posted by  97Talonchik

Should I ask the folks @ a certain service station over near Brainerd Baptist Church about the cars "cough cough" reliability??

posted by  tbaxleyjr

LOL. You can search the forum and find out that information. :thumbs:

posted by  97Talonchik

I suspect I already know the answer.

posted by  tbaxleyjr

Hi, Congradulation on buying your new Kia. I used to have one 8 years ago. Kia Mentor 1.6 GLX, oh it was my first car and what a car, i crashed it atleast 10 times, but it just kept on coming, what a Carrr.
Hope you can have fun with yours too.

posted by  dr-fashion

Your Message