2 shots of a 911 cockpit

Home  \  Off Topic  \  2 shots of a 911 cockpit

Cant decide which I like more, played with manual focus and im pretty happy with both. shots unedited...C&C?

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v241/174/105/332600751/n3326 00751_224935_1393.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v241/174/105/332600751/n3326 00751_224936_1626.jpg

posted by  newyorker

2nd, please. Blurry badge looks at least 100 times worse than blurry gauges.

EDIT: Would almost certainly look better without being turned on.

posted by  jedimario

:stupid:

posted by  chris_knows

I agree. It's hard to explain, but I think the steering wheel would be the point of most interest when taking such pictures....IMO. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Both look pretty dull, there is really no contrasting colors and the guages are broing.

posted by  Enthusiast

LOOK AT ME! I need to show people that I work with a 911 to feel better about my life.

I know this will come off as jealous. Would I like your job right now? Sure. Doesn't matter. You work at a car dealership, surrounded by people who have been selling cars for a living for years. They'll know which one to put up, or realize that it doesn't matter very much. Further more, no need to say that it's a 911, just ask which pic is better.

If you just started a thread like "look at the cool cars at work" you wouldn't come off as bad in my book.

posted by  giant016

Both cars are sold and that wasnt the point. I just want to get used to taking certain shots certain ways, but since I as the photographer think both shots are good, I need outside critique to point out my flaws. Sorry if it came out to sound cocky but that really wasnt the nail I was trying to hit

posted by  newyorker

Neither shots are really that great, the 2nd is definitely preferable though.

The first shot, well, obviously blurry badge, but secondly, the glare on the gauges(you can make out a reflection of you), as well as the glare on the dashboard(the whiteass dash), and the odd "line" on the steering wheel, with the shadowing.

Second, same reasons, minus the blurry badge, and as mentioned before, the gauges would have looked better off.

You need to really think about all the environmental conditions when shooting, once you can get all those in your favour, I think your shots will turn out a lot better.

posted by  dodgerforlife

I see to be the only that thinks that way, but oh well, it's still what I'm seeing.

As a pointer, I'd try taking these photos (interior and exterior) at dawn and dusk for best reults. A nice soft light and less distracting reflections and sharp shadows. I don't know your hours, but I'd bet first thing in the morning on the clock you could sanp a few.

posted by  giant016

Well I went to the auction when we were selling off some of our stale inventory and snapped these right in the lot so I didnt have much to pick as far as conditions. I took pictures of a bunch of other exotics but I wont post them cause id be flauntin my job :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

Your Message