Today's Birthday - 28.04.08

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Today's Birthday - 28.04.08

Just noticed it's Nissan_Altima's Birthday today. So, Happy Birthday, Have a good one and drink lots! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Only 19?...I thought you were more than a year older than me.

Happy birthday, man.

posted by  chris_knows

I thought you were younger than 18...How time flies, lol.

posted by  Cliffy

18 in like 3 weeks...I'm gonna make a killing after that playing the lottery lol.

posted by  chris_knows

It's been nice knowing you chris, as you will probably have to sell off the computer to pay the loan sharks, or can you get on at the library?

Oh, and happy birthday Nissan_Altima

posted by  dvdrose18

Library wouldn't work...They're only open until 9.

posted by  chris_knows

If you're going to University next year they should be open all night. That doesn't seem so special right now, but it will kick ass when you're there. Myslef and others have found that it's best to sleep for an hour or two after class then stay up late studying.

Edit: almost forgot, happy bday Nissan!

posted by  giant016

Thanks a lot guys! :laughing:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I assume you're talking about the night before an exam then? :laughing:

posted by  windsonian

Nah, you hafta pull all-nighter for those.:thumbs: I and others have trouble focusing right after class, as most of us are sick of shoolwork and are easily distracted since some much is going on. Sleep then, and in the wee hours of the morning I'm still somewhat awake and there isn't much distraction, seeing as I'm still living at home.

posted by  giant016

hmmm... I always found study overrated.
once you leave class, it's play time :mrgreen:
until exam week......

posted by  windsonian

I tend to be of the opinion that if you have to study for an exam, you never learned it in the first place. hell, I passed my nursing boards without studying for more than 10 hours max. Some day it is going to catch up to me and kick my butt, but for now, the only thing I ever study is formulas or hard facts, 10 minutes before the exam.

posted by  dvdrose18

like i said... overrated

posted by  windsonian

I agree....I find that too much revision turns your braiin to jelly, lol...I've never been good at exams full stop, and found that if I studied too hard I done worse at them. 2-hrs max, a couple of nights before an exam does the trick, just to jog the old memory, lol.

posted by  Cliffy

I'm taking 22 credits, so it's hard to keep up. I suck at math and have to take lots of it, and it often has to be put off untill I NEED to do it. On the subject, I was up till 3 this morning doing homework/studying for an exam I was supposed to have at 8 this morning and the teacher never showed.:banghead: Now I'm tired but for some reason can't sleep.

posted by  giant016

Your Message