The Camaro And Venture

Home  \  Off Topic  \  The Camaro And Venture

Tell me what you guys think :thumbs:

posted by  agent_b

Nice! :thumbs:

Are those Sylvainia Silverstars in the Venture's corners? My friend has them on his Subaru Legacy GT.

posted by  Satty101

No APC "Blue" :PP, I did have these "super blue" but they looked gray, i like the blue :)

posted by  agent_b

Ya, I have some "blue" Xenon headlights. They do light up a blue-ish white color, but nothing like Hallogen. I make up for it with the neon though. Blue the whole way.

posted by  Satty101

Im thinking of "carbon fibering" my grill, i think itll look secksy, whatcha all think?

posted by  agent_b

go wire grille like the S-Type R...

http://gtsensation.free.fr/jaguar_v/jaguar_s-r-ville-3.jpg

besides you cant carbon-fibre the grille - it doesnt let anough air in to the engine.

posted by  SuperJew

Two words....Billit Aluminum. :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

I agree, but money is tight and i was lookin at this REALLY GOOD carbon fiber vinyl stuff, id remove my grill and apply this stuff then put my grill back on...so it'll LOOK carbon fiber...

posted by  agent_b

CHEATER!!!!!!!!!!

posted by  SuperJew

lol shhh! someone will see that! lol...but really i think itll look nice, and if not boom its off as fast as it went on:), also will do centre stack inside van..it looks so real!

posted by  agent_b

what sort of centre stack?

posted by  SuperJew

The dark grey clip thing around the radio and Temp Controls, it'll be enuf to spice it up :)

posted by  agent_b

If you put on the carbon fiber vinyl on the grill and it works out post a pic. That could be a cheap solution for a lot of folks. I don't think anyone would try to do a hood or something, but for small stuff it would be great. BTW if ya ain't cheating, your not trying. :mrgreen:

posted by  my67falcon

So true :PP, on another note, I was looking at my black side moldings, and I wanted to do them White, (like the body) how do you guys think that would look? Sorry for all the questions lol

posted by  agent_b

I forgot, here is a picture of the centre stack in my old Mazda 626 Turbo I sold to my friend, and he did the carbon fiber...it looks good

posted by  agent_b

w00h00, im just bout to start the carbon fibering, (on centre stack first) and I got some LITE XPRESSIONS, looks like headlite covers (front and rear) yet has tiny holes to let light thur, ill keep u guys posted

posted by  agent_b

1 = Before
2 = After

posted by  agent_b

Ew. I like the before.

posted by  DodgeRida67

I don't like the before or after.

posted by  vwmaniac

needs a CD player. Looks good if that's the look you really wanted to go for. I still think you should make the grille Billit Aluminum.

posted by  Satty101

How would I go about doing that?

posted by  agent_b

Satty its spelled "Billet" aluminum... :doh:

posted by  SuperJew

My bad. I think I spelled it right last time I suggested it too. :doh:

Agent_b, how would you go about doing what? Making your grille Billet? take it to a customising place and they should be able to work something out for you.

posted by  Satty101

Found better idea guys, instead of doing the sticky stuff, painting it white like my van and doin chev sign black (to match my white/black scheme), itll look custom and complete, i will post pix when done :PP

posted by  agent_b

That's a better idea than the carbon fiber stuff. Make sure you get some pics. :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

lol Just bout to start, changed plans tho lol, black grill, white sign lol ill post

posted by  agent_b

So far I have primed it..when it drys, painting begins :thumbs:

posted by  agent_b

First Coat...

posted by  agent_b

good idea not to Carbon Fibre it...that would look horrid. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

Looks great so far. Keep going! :thumbs:

I just came in from painting my wiper arms blue. It looks good but the coat is very thin and drippy thanks to the duplicolor Mettalcast spray paint I used running out of paint right in the middle of coat 2. Oh well. I taked off my 4 (2 on each arm) sprayers. They look like black racing stripes. lol.

posted by  Satty101

haha Ya it wouldnt have looked the best, cheap...xpessially when it started peeling :PP, anyways yes it is looking nice :) lol, what kinda car you got mr blue wiper arms :hi: , here is a final paint pic, note : chev sign is also in pic, lower left....now just dry - reinstal

posted by  agent_b

Well i took masking tape off, and put chev sign in...what u guys think so far

posted by  agent_b

That is very nice!!! Looks like you got perfect coats of paint. :thumbs:

I have a link to my car in my sig. feel free to clicky clicky (no, not the naked ladies link either) :laughing:

posted by  Satty101

Nice :thumbs: My friend had one, totalled it (Corsica, basically same car, just granny version :PP) and now hes got a Z24, just rebuilding top end, and thanks for the kind words on my van :wink2: i like it myself, cant wait to put it on, itll look so different :hi:, Hows the weather where u r, its kinda damp and pouring here :banghead:

posted by  agent_b

Here's what the weather was like the last 3 days:

Thursday- high of 83 degrees, sunny.
Thursday night- Warm low of 62 clear sky

Friday- high of 53 degrees, cloudy
Friday night-low of 36, cloudy-severe thunderstaorm warnings

Saturday-High of 78, sunny
Saturday night- unavail

Ahh yes, Wisconsin's unpredicatable weather. god I hate it...

posted by  Satty101

Hehe, well it was warm and sunny during the weekdays for the last couple weeks and crap on weekends :ohcrap: but oh well, what can ya do...PAINT UR GRILL :hi: lol

posted by  agent_b

I have no grille to paint....so I paint other things. lol. :mrgreen:

posted by  Satty101

Installing grill in couple of hours...and then tmr or l8r imma carbon fiber inside door handels etc...ya its a van but u gotta like what u drive

posted by  agent_b

ya, but atleast it doesn't look like this one:

http://www.bstuff.com/uploads/post-9-1077087706.jpg

posted by  Satty101

OMG im painting mine that colour!!!!! :drool: lol jk :P that pic makes me love the venture more haha thanks :hi: :thumbs:

posted by  agent_b

there's another one like that. Search for "weird cars" and then go to my post. I have a lot of pics in that thread...

posted by  Satty101

Done!

posted by  agent_b

Both my mods for the day :

posted by  agent_b

When I get headlight covers itll look like :

posted by  agent_b

New Shot, SO NIICE

posted by  agent_b

Look aiight. But dude, it's a freakin' van.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Ya well, it gets 1000 + k on gas, and seats 7, and i think doesnt look bad FOR A VAN :PP so im happy, i kno i got the camaro for summer crusin, but i gotta drive this 90% of the time, so may as well make it look spiffy

posted by  agent_b

and? What do you drive? My friend has a 1988 Ford Econoline work van that I'm helping him make look good. like the hobo said so well.....to each, their own.

posted by  Satty101

1967 Dodge Coronet. 440CI Magnum 4-speed manual transmission. :asshake:

EDIT: Look below, not mine but the exact same car and color.

posted by  DodgeRida67

I wasn't saying anything bad about your van, I was stating it's just a van theres really no use in spending all your time making it look its bets. It looked good to start with. But that's just my opinion :mrgreen:

posted by  DodgeRida67

See, that's something I wouldn't want to own....ever. I'm going to stick with my Berettas. And like the last thing I said, to each their own.

posted by  Satty101

Why wouldn't you want to ever own one? :doh: Just curious...

posted by  DodgeRida67

Well, I'm sure that they're fun to drive and all, but I just like the look of GM muscle cars. So if I got any car from the 60's-70's, it would be something GM like a Olds 442 or a Camaro. The one car I would like from that era non-GM would be a 1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1. Mopar really doesn't appeal to me. :sleep:

posted by  Satty101

Satty, u think it looks better then before?

posted by  agent_b

:mrgreen: My car could smoke any GM :mrgreen:

posted by  DodgeRida67

*Lines Camaro Up* :PP

posted by  agent_b

*lines Beretta up* It was made to have the power of a V8! A V8 I tell you!!!!!

I think it looks better than the carbon fiber stick-on stuff. Personally, I love shiney things like chrome, stainless (when buffed right) and Billet. But, I do like yours a lot because of the fact you won't see another one like that on the road. So I say good job to you, and I like it more than before. :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

Agent b, this isnt meant to be a dis at all, but I will never drive a mini-van ever. Even if the future misses pops out little mouths to feed like she an ATM I am never gonna own one. If I run into that problem, the kids can pile into the back of and Excursion or a "Burbon. I cannot see myself driving a van though sorry.

BTW I like what you have done to customize your ride. You seem to have the idea that just cause its a van it doesnt have to be boring. I like that :thumbs:

posted by  Voda48

Thanks, next thing to go with the black and white scheme is black wheels like the Impala cop cars, and headlight covers :PP

posted by  agent_b

Ok, well call me cheap but i think it looks secksy :) KINDA like an undercover cop? :hi:

posted by  agent_b

Well I got more Cd

posted by  agent_b

You'd better take those keys out of that picture of your van before someone makes away with your van. :orglaugh:

posted by  DodgeRida67

What is the point of putting those things on the lights on a MINIVAN??? :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

Cause it's a maxivan :PP lol, but no I like it and who cares if its a van, i think anything can look nice with a lil effort, and i like it

posted by  agent_b

I just think that it looks stupid... :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

I know some people who say that about Subarus....

I will say this though. It takes his van 1.1 more liters to pump out the same amount of HP that my pumps out. I just like pointing that out to people.... :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

How much HP yours got?
and I think this looks beafy for a venture :

posted by  agent_b

How do you figure?

posted by  DodgeRida67

How do I figure what?

My car runs 185 hp from a 2.3L agent_b. :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

How did you figure:

posted by  DodgeRida67

him: 3.4L pumping out 185HP

me: 2.3L pumping out 185HP

3.4-2.3=1.1 :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it doesn't work that way.

posted by  DodgeRida67

I know. I started out saying that as a smart-ass (sarcastic) remark then I wanted to see how far I could go with it. :mrgreen:

posted by  Satty101

Okay gotcha :laughing:

posted by  DodgeRida67

My dad worked at GM for some 30+ years. I know things don't work that way. :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

Cool. What did he do at GM?

posted by  DodgeRida67

He started out as a Janitor type of a person, then worked his way up to a manager of something or other....he retired from there about 5 years ago then worked at Bay-veiw (a place that makes tabble-tops for prisons and such) then retired from there and worked at Goodwill as a manager but eventually quit there nd now he works at Educators Credit Union (bank).

posted by  Satty101

Cool, my dads a gear head, never worked and GM but prolly knos just as much, *learns more* :PP

posted by  agent_b

That is why I put the :2cents: thingy... lots of people say that about Subies... my dad says it because of the spoiler on the back of the STi....

posted by  StiMan

My bad, I didn't notice the :2cents: I guess I zoomed through it too quickly...so I'm sorry.

posted by  Satty101

i am going to paint my hubcaps black with the lil chev signs white..itll look cooler

posted by  agent_b

don't forget pics. :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

Its all good Satty.... I have learned to put that so people wont go crazy like they did with the "The Muscle cars will break down...." thing... :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

Hey guys, I went up to the beach in Collingwood the other day just for a drive, vans running awesome, i put my hubcaps back on, something looked like it was missing, idk i like it now :

posted by  agent_b

You know what I think about it... :2cents: :screwy: :banghead: :cussing: :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

yeah, dude. get rid of those horrid wheels! put some nice stuff on...check out the tire rack - they have a whole thing where you can see what the wheel looks like on your car. www.thetirerack.com

posted by  SuperJew

The tire rack is a great place... jdawg got us on it...

posted by  StiMan

Your Message