And its all over!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  And its all over!

Well another season is over and Detroit has won the Stanley cup.

I'm just curious as to who, if anyone, watched the playoffs or at least this one game...

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2008/06/drake060408_cup_480x285.jpg

posted by  Mathew

I watched every game religiously. Detroit deserved the cup (and I hate Crosby). I think a few of their stars will retire now. Go Flyers! :laughing:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I watched some of the playoffs, but missed this one.

I'm not surprised that they won, but it is pretty cool, especially since I can see Detroit from my house lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Why do you hate Crosby? Are you a Flyers fan?

I was cheering for the Pens but I knew a Detroit win was inevitable. It was a good series though, especially Game 5...

If you're a big hockey fan, just wondering how big the Luc Bourdon story was down there...

posted by  Mathew

Multiple reasons. For starters, I am a huge Flyers fan. Also, I hate how he dives. I know a lot of people do, but I just don't think a person of his caliber should.

Yep, even though I know that realistically I will probably be dead before they win their next cup.

Indeed, it was a great final. Every game except games 1 and 2 was VERY close.

RIP. It's a tragedy but it wasn't that big here. Maybe it's because not that many people here around me are big hockey fans but I only found out through NHL.com.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Yeah I don't like how he is a bit of a whiner too, but he is still one of the best things to happen to the NHL in our time. This year though I became a huge Ovechkin fan, mainly because I had him in my hockey pool, which caused me to follow him more closely than I would have.

Yeah I was curious because a lot of people on the Canucks forum were "outraged" that NBC didn't broadcast the moment of silence, whereas CBC did. It was huge here, obviously because Luc was a Canucks player and prospect. In 3 or 4 days surrounding what happened, there were probably 12 pages of the newspaper dedicated to him. Still stings when I think about it.

posted by  Mathew

Are you a fan of every superstar that has played against the Flyers this playoff season? :laughing: Just kidding, of course. Ovechkin is indeed a beast. In that series, it felt like he was on the ice every shift of every game. I mean...13 year, 124 million dollar contract says something!

Yes, it's a tragedy and I personally didn't hear TOO much of it. I'm sure it was worse in Vancouver. Reminds us that hockey isn't everything. Since you're from that area, what was the Vancouver reaction to Bertuzzi's hit a few years back?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Im glad Detroit got the cup, not because the Penns beat philly in the playoffs but because I think the wings are a better team.

As much as I wanted the Flyers to win the cup, it wasnt going to happen, I think it was a miracle that they got as far as they did.

posted by  newyorker

OH....haha...THAT was big. Hell they still talk about it from time to time. Our all sports radio TEAM 1040 just had their 7 year anniversary and they said the Bertuzzi incident was the biggest story in their history.

It sucks though, before that whole thing happened, the Naslund, Morrison, Bertuzzi line were so good to watch. They were dubbed the "West Coast Express" after one of our train systems in Vancouver. Sucks how it all fell apart, the Canucks haven't been as fun to watch since.

posted by  Mathew

Your Message