So........

Home  \  Off Topic  \  So........

who's here and who's not?

Seems the forum has gone into a deep slumber. You guys need a tonic of ChrisV, VWHobo and What.

posted by  Wally

CF was on life support for a while, but has begun to stir a little lately, maybe there is still hope.
It would be nice if ChrisV or the hobo decided to show up, but as far as I am concerned, What can stay gone.
ChrisV has been poking his head every now and then, and What has made new user names, but VWHobo seems to be gone for good.

posted by  dvdrose18

I check new posts often, but rarely post. The forum has definately been slow for quite some time. The three you mentioned post once in awhile and then disappear. Hope you are doing well. Are you going to return?

posted by  thefonz

im postin away here even though im new. id like to see this forum pop on up

posted by  bullrage2003

Yeah I'm doing fine. I think if the three of them do respond, they will feed of each other, with the occasional sacrifice thrown in.

Don't know if I have much to offer the forum. It tended to become a place for juvenile behaviour, which is cute initially, but not really sustaining.

Mate, ChrisV and VWHobo are the little known 5th and 6th members of the horsemen of the apocalypse gang. You really need to be prepared with six shooters if they do emerge from hibernation.

posted by  Wally

I haven't left.

it would be nice to see the hobo and what and chrisv around though

this is the first forum I've ever joined and I think i'll always come here every now and then as long as there is a computer for me to use :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

I still come around every once and a while.

posted by  Enthusiast

3rd time checking in 1 month. Prior to that I was positing a few times and hadn't been here in about 3/4 year... glad to see not much has changed.

posted by  Voda48

I'm here but it's summer so I'm not on as much anymore.

But yea this place is really getting boring again.

posted by  chris_knows

Anyone wanna do a hypermiling competition? I'm gonna give it a shot next filllup just to break the monotony of driving to work and around town.

posted by  giant016

How would we compare though? I'm down. I've already started messing around, like inflating the tires a bit over 35psi and I throw it into neutral when I have to stop.

posted by  chris_knows

I'm thinking an improvement over baseline. I don't even compare about the competition that much, I'm going to try it and wouldn't mind seeing other people's results.

posted by  giant016

I've been giving some of it a try too, but I only drive ~6 miles a day now, so it will be a while before I can tell if it has proved anything. I probably spend most of my gas starting my car and backing out of my driveway. I find that coasting up to red lights and stuff makes you think much further up the road, even if it does irritate some of the people behind you. Jersey drivers are so gas happy. It sure is fun to watch them cut around you and race up to the light and slam on their brakes to stop, and you just coast up, and it is green by the time you get there, so you roll through at 25, and they have to accelerate from 0.:mrgreen:

posted by  dvdrose18

Not trying to hard, but I get ~19 mpg in the city with the GTO... not bad for me

posted by  Voda48

I drop in every now and then, and it seems like hobo makes a post about once a year.

posted by  jedimario

That's not an accurate reflection of the facts... This makes four posts for 2008. I have to give you guys something to look forward to after all. :wink2:

Been busy setting up my new gun shop.

See ya!

posted by  vwhobo

good to see you're still alive, any chance you might show your face here more often? Right now Tbaxlyjr is our only hope for sound information and advice.

posted by  dvdrose18

I've been thinking about getting a gun myself, but don't know where to begin. I want something cheap, for beginners (easy to use/maintain/reliable), but I haven't decided if I want something for the range or something to go hunting with. I'm thinking about hunting though.

Good luck with the shop. What happened with that garage you opened up or something?

posted by  chris_knows

How old do you have to be to buy a gun in Canada?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Thanks. Maybe occasionally, but... As you know I'm not exactly the sociable type, and trying to help people who are either unwilling to help themselves, are beyond help or having to shout over those who have no knowledge but get in the way by spewing their own special brand of bullsh*t gets old. It's more frustration than I care to deal with on a regular basis.

I'm not familiar with the arcane gun laws in much of Canukia, so it's hard to make suggestions. Be aware though that even if you want a long gun only for hunting, range time is still in the cards for you. You have to get in to and stay in practice. If you're going to be a one gun guy, you also need to know what it is you want to hunt. Deciding on a range only gun would be much easier. With a little more info, I'd be happy to point you in the right direction.

Thanks. It has been absorbed into the rest of my corporation and is running happily without my daily involvement.

posted by  vwhobo

I'm thinking of adding the USA to my corporation, while it's going cheap.:wink2:

posted by  Wally

I'm sure that'd be a poor decision, unless you like inheriting debt.:doh:

At least our toilets flush the right way and our beer doesn't taste like piss.*

I say this knowing full well that I've only had Foster's and also that there is a lot of shitty American booze. I'm just razzin' ya and don't want to be seen as a guy that only drinks bud light. PS "Sparks" are ghetto-tastic.

posted by  giant016

What's the dollar worth nowadays? 40 cents or so? :screwy:

posted by  97Talonchik

COORS.

Wow Chris I didnt think you were a shooter.

I dont know much about guns but I really enjoy hunting and shooting.
My first handgun was a Ruger Super Black Hawk 44 Mag with I think a 7.5" barrel. I love the gun but most people I shoot with dont like handguns that big.

I got pulled over when I was like 16 coming back from hog hunting and the cop tried to take my pistol away and when he asked what Kind it was and I told him it was a 44 mag he said I think that guns a little big for you and then he got a little butt hurt when I told him Id been shootin it since I was 8 haha.

posted by  Enthusiast

wow still the same shit on here haha

posted by  GreekWarrior

Time out, time out, time out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to have a license to have a firearm in your possession? And to have the license don't you have to be of a certain age? I'm sure that age is above 16....

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I'm not a shooter but I've always liked guns and figure it's something fun to do.

posted by  chris_knows

redneck:laughing:

posted by  dvdrose18

I'll come back to the forum if Wally posts a picture of himself.

posted by  Godlaus

I found a picture of him a while back..

http://www.firstshowing.net/img/wall-e-poster1-big.jpg

posted by  chris_knows

Not if you are traveling to or from a sporting event.

I was coming back from hog sticking

posted by  Enthusiast

Hey Wally,

I'm here for today at least. Was thinking of you guys for some reason :laughing:

Wally's a good guy!

posted by  Car hippie

That's a filthy lie and you know it!!!

posted by  windsonian

I meander through from time to time. Still dead, pity pity. Looks like more spam than anything. Although I've come to expect very little knowledgable car talk and very much banter, I don't even really see much of that.

How's everybody doing that is here?

posted by  giant016

:hi: :hi:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Because of me! I added you on Facebook....I think, lol...Or not.

posted by  Cliffy

OMG, that's you? I kept ignoring it because I didn't know who the hell it was! :orglaugh:

Added ya :)

posted by  Car hippie

And you don't add me because? Flippin Europeans....:orglaugh:

posted by  Satty101

They seek him here, they seek him there, those Yankies seek him everywhere. Is he in heaven or is he in hell? That damned elusive Wally won't tell.

A bit of light entertainment (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFXpadHeRYM)while you're waiting.

posted by  Wally

Oh, so that´s the random request I got the other day, lol...I assumed it was you, but even though I wasn´t 100% I accepted....I only don´t accept ones that I don´t recognise with arabian names incase they hack my account, lol.

Satty, PM me your name and I´ll add you...:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message