The Mexicans Need Jesus Too...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  The Mexicans Need Jesus Too...

I got a new job on this lot, where we just arrange cars. Basically, they're assembled in Windsor and the huge trucks unload them and we move them around based on where they have to be shipped to. It's mostly minivans but we get to drive Challengers and the unmarked cop car Chargers.

That's beside the point though. We were moving around the cop Chargers today, and this one guy I work with who's really religious went around to all of the ones going to Mexico and in the little compartment on the door, he dropped in a bill that said $10,000,000--I'm not sure what country it was from but if I see it, I'd be able to point it out. Anyhow, he drops it in and says "Leave it there, the Mexicans need Jesus too". That's like one of those things where it was so strange I just said okay until it sunk in. So I've been wondering all day why he did that.
Anybody know what it's about?

posted by  chris_knows

Maybe it's what we owe Jesus? Honestly I have no damned clue. And while we're on the subject, who would want people that are so easily swayed on such a heavy subject on their team? I'd rather not have people who make life changing decisions based on trash in their Caravans agreeing with me.

posted by  giant016

A little help with beliefs and motivations

Christians believe the only way a person goes to heaven is to have a personal relationship with God and this relationship can only happen through faith and accepting the resurrected Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Christians believe if a person does not have this relationship with God through Jesus, they will be eternally separated from God and will suffer in hell after they die.

Evangelical Christians (Baptists of most varieties, many Penticostals, Methodists, etc believe they are commanded by Christ to lead others to this personal relationship. Sadly, many of these folks find fault in other more Orthodox denominations of Christianity such as the Roman Catholics, due to things the Evangelicals do not believe is Biblical such as prayers through Mary, the transformation of bread and wine into the actual body of Christ during church, the belief that the pope as the successor to Christ in running the church, etc.

What you are most likely seeing is an Evangelical, trying to do the right thing and plant a seed through his gift left in the car heading to Mexico the person needs to become a Christian. does this tactic work?

posted by  tbaxleyjr

but only in the cop chargers? or is that only where you saw it.

posted by  dvdrose18

I'll have to ask him next time I see him, but the Chrysler plants are going in shutdown for the next 5 weeks (happens every year) so it's going to be slow for most of the rest of July.

Yea, it was only in the cop Chargers.

posted by  chris_knows

In the back seats it would make sense.

posted by  giant016

It was probably not a real bill, but a "tract". I've seen some around here that look like a bill, but its not. Here's some pictures of the bills. I'm betting none of you know what this is because you don't live in the bible belt, lol.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/religion/stories/062306dnmet tracts.b043f8fb.html

or this one:

http://repentandtrust.org/Tracts.htm

and here's one with the 10 million dollar one...
http://www.customtractsource.com/Custom-Bulk-Tracts_c_30.html:thumbs:

posted by  97Talonchik

That's probably what it was. So people just hand those out and they have messages about God on the back?

Giant, he put it in the driver's door.

posted by  chris_knows

Exactly. In the Southeast here in America, it is a common sight...however, I doubt some other places see it as prominently. The back usually contains the "way to salvation" or some similar wording.

posted by  97Talonchik

If you want to talk religion(s) or bash religion(s), do so at another more appropriate forum.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Your Message