Saw Batman Last Night...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Saw Batman Last Night...

...and I honestly think it was the greatest movie of the year.

I haven't even seen the other Batman movies but I loved this one. I'm not being patronizing when I say that Heath Ledger as the Joker was great acting--like it sent chills down my spine at times.

It was half-price night last night though, so we barely got into the last show and had to wait an hour, but it was worth it.

Anybody else see it/have any opinions?

posted by  chris_knows

Saw it last Saturday night. We arrived at 6pm for a 7:45pm showtime and it was already sold out. Ended up buying tickets for the 8:30pm showtime....2 2-story theaters sold out for that showtime alone. It totally killed the box office.

My opinion....I thought it was amazing. Joker was absolutely incredible in LITERALLY EVERY scene of the movie. I still chuckle when I think of the "pencil disappearing" magic trick.

My only issue...I found the movie a tad long. I know many will disagree, but I'm kinda impatient. Sitting through a 2.5+ hour movie PLUS previews made me feel like I have ADD. That being said...still seeing it in IMAX this weekend just for kicks...and looking forward to it.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I thought it was about the best movie ever. Great stuff.

posted by  jedimario

I saw it last saturday at the Imax @ 3:00 AM(I'm so glad I bought tickets right when they went on sale). The movie was epic. Like Chris said, I can think of no other villian that sent chills down my spine the way the Heath's Joker did. Nicholson's Joker was a circus clown in comparison. Everyone else did a fantastic job with it as well. I like Bale as Bruce/Batman, I know some people don't. This movie is one of my favorite movies of all time. I just wish we could have seen another Heath's Joker in action. Its sad that this is the last time we will see that character in this adaptation of Batman.

I remember leaving the theatre after seeing Iron Man and thinking to myself that it was the best movie of the summer, and best comic book movie ever. Not so, the Dark Knight takes both titles.

And for anyone that hasn't seen it and has access to an Imax, I highly recommend it. Nolan used Imax cameras to film wide angle shots of the cities, and the hospital scene. It's absolute eye candy watching it on that screen. I'm going to see it again once the crowds die down.

posted by  elchango36

Only thing that was kinda annoying was the Batman's voice lol

posted by  chris_knows

I saw it on Sunday, I agree it was fantastic. It was so far above all of the other comic book hero movies, including Batman Begins, it wasn't even in the same class. I am definitely seeing it again, probably within a week.

Spoilers...

Only thing I didn't like was Harvey Dent's face after he became Two-Face. It looked kinda silly. A more burned, realistic look would have been better. Still could have been gruesome, but less CGI looking.

posted by  Mathew

Your Message