Tool's whos are the best?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Tool's whos are the best?

Any surgestions, got most of my tools pinched and so im looking to replace them, any surgestions with what i should get.

Snap on
Britool
Mac
other??

posted by  cinqyg

umm Snap on arnt that great, the air tools have a tendency to be fimsy and the dealer always take forever to get them sorted out, well in my experiance.

posted by  cinqyg

As far as concerning Craftsman and Husky, We've had the Husky tools break less often than the Crasftman, and it's easier to return them as well. In fact, Home Depot will take your broken Crafstman tools, and trade them in for brand new Husky tools. Try taking back a crafstman tool to Sears, and you get an old, beat, re-furbished tool.

posted by  WannabeWrxOwner

ooh i no all about sears, but we dont have them here so im mainly looking for more international brands that arnt attached to any particular chain.

posted by  cinqyg

So let me get this strait. You ask for advice on what brand tools to buy, give a list, and when someone suggests one out of the list, you go and so oh no I don't want that crap. :screwy:

You can always know, if it has a lifetime replacement warrenty, it's as good as it gets. Tool companies can't afford to sell crap and keep replacing it for free. It doesn't work like that. They'd be bankrupt very quickly or loose their warrenty. So bottem line, if it has a lifetime warrenty, it's as good as anything. I use craftsman. As for Snap On, their tools are as good as it gets. Right up there with Husky and Craftsman. They're just to over priced.

posted by  DodgeRida67

no they were just example, its probibly just my Snap On dealer, and how the hell am i suposed to get craftsman or husky tools, there only sold in the usa!

I like the lifetime warenty, its a good thing, but they took so long to sort my impact wrench out that i had bought a new one by the time i got it back. took 3 weeks to get it sorted out, what am i suposed to do, tighten wheel nuts up to 90Nm with my fingers!

posted by  cinqyg

I didn't suggest YOU get Craftsman or Husky. I said that's what I use. :ticking:

As for the long wait....Who has the long wait? Craftsman and Husky you can pick up a broken wrench off the street, walk into any place that sells their tools and they will hand you a new one, no questions asked, no wait. To bad you can't get ahold of them. :cry:

posted by  DodgeRida67

it would be really great if they didnt break atall then i woundnt care, how long it took.

Minced a grinder today, chuck it in the bin and try again.

posted by  cinqyg

Good luck finding a tool that doesn't break. I myself use craftsman. I never had anything break or have any problems with them. You could actually get a set of your own pretty easily. If you know someone in the US, have them buy a set then ship them over to you. (okay, maybe it's not that easy)

posted by  Satty101

doesnt make sence, im shippin a lawnmower over, because there cheaper even after fedex had added $360. If i got craftsman then what do i do when they break.

MY tools have a hard life, they get forced into cutting things like silicon carbide and alumina.

posted by  cinqyg

You're right...there probably aren't any Sears locations over there are there?

No clue. Sorry I couldn't be of any assistance.

posted by  Satty101

Why don't you go to the website and order online? http://www.craftsman.com :2cents:

posted by  DodgeRida67

because what does he do when/if they break?

posted by  Satty101

I've never had a Craftsman tool break, never. Neither has anyone I know had one break either. A good tool breaking is few and far between, when and if a tool breaks just buy a new one.

posted by  DodgeRida67

http://w.digitalcraze.nl/f/limecat.jpg

:mrgreen:

posted by  Satty101

Post whore.

posted by  DodgeRida67

pfft, you know it's funny. :orglaugh:

posted by  Satty101

You obviously don't do enough atou repair work then, if you have never had a Craftsman tool break. Or maybe you just leave them on the shelf and don't use them?

I've probably done a hell of a lot more than you buddy. And why the hell would I leave them on a shelf and not use them? Are you a trouble maker? I think so. We don't need people like you here. :screwy:
Whoever breaks a lot of tools, is using them wrong. Tell me, what kinda of tools have you broken from craftsman, and what were you doing with them when they broke?

posted by  DodgeRida67

may be we dont all have such a large collection as dodge and have to improvie now and again.

posted by  cinqyg

Snap~on (note the authentic Snap on type style lol) is probably the best money can buy, Mac are about the same but lets face it, Mac Tools just look crap lol :banghead:

I hope you're not one of these people who use their flat bladed screw drivers to leaver brake drums off cars!...if so, I aint supprised that they break, I'm even less supprised that your dealer is reluctant to swap them when they break! :thumbs:

And I Britool used to be good but I dont think they are made anymore :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

That's exactly my point. They won't break if you use them properly.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Cliffy have you ever changed a track on a challenger tank, me thinks not. if you get the gist they have a hard life.

posted by  cinqyg

Come on, most tools never see beyond the bonnet of a Ford Fiesta, let alone a tank!...If that's what you're using your air tools that break on too...I suggest getting a heavier duty tool!...also, a larger 'drive' of socket would help too. I worked as a fiiter for Stage Coach busses' once (Euro company for all you US folk), and the air guns they use are amazing..kinda like machine guns lol..Oh, and they are also 3/4inch drive too :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

yeah im using 1" drive for somethings, but i dont expect them to break after spending more than my monthly food budget on it.

Then they piss me around, they said that "ooh our tools are up to anything you can throw at them, there the best and heavist duty around"

"suitable for any workshop"

well that should enclude mine then shouldnt it!

posted by  cinqyg

well...i dunno about best, but i know my tool is the biggest here....

:laughing: :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

well one thing for sure you certainly have the biggest ego

posted by  cinqyg

I'm not trying to cause trouble Dodgerida67, and yes, you have done a whole lot more auto repair work than I have. But I can guarantee that my dad, my uncle, and my buddy have done a whole lot more than you, and they are Master Mechanics. As far as what I was using, everything from a ratchet, to a wrench, to a socket. And My dad has a tool for everything-not really-, so there is no need for us to miss-use any of them.

Sorry if I offended you.

...and my Dad can beat up your dad! :banghead:

posted by  BavarianWheels

Thanks Bav.... :screwy:

I was waiting for that....and my tool is the biggest here SJ :thumbs: :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

ancient greeks, is all i have to say

posted by  cinqyg

Speaking of tools, all of you are a tools. :laughing: :laughing:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Oh isnt dodge the comic genius!

posted by  cinqyg

Are you refering to that rather large sledge hammer you mum bought you for christmas? I think so...

No, i think he jus has the biggest mouth...

( :joking: SJ)

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Na, the 130 tonne digger i drove a few years ago is the biggest tool.. :hi: You could park a car in the bucket.. :screwy: LOL.. Anyone want their wheel nuts tightened to 200,000 lbf? :orglaugh:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

if your in the uk then yeah, may be not quite that tight but 100,000 Nm, theres a fair few as well, if your volenteering

posted by  cinqyg

too bad i dont celebrate Christmas! OOOOOOOOH feel the burn. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

Burn? i'll burn u... he he he... just wait till ur nxt visit to the UK... OOOHHHH YEAH!!! neway.. moving onwards... first of all it just adds to the sarcasm and second of all you must think i care... :banghead: :mrgreen: :hi: :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Are we allowed to be politcal?

posted by  cinqyg

Yeah, sure, y not... Oh sorry, i didn't reply to your original post, i personally use Snap-on tools, there is the life-time warantee, my dealer is a very very good one and offers lots of support and advice, the tools look great, they last longer and even with the abuse i give them they still last and i am yet to break a single snap-on tool.. Oh and just so you know i do use them properly and don't just give them an easy life, i work on bikes, cars, tractors, trucks and diggers.. obviously the latter part of that list need some serious "persasion"...! :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

well i will do the polotics another day, yeah my dealer isnt that great. Diggers hey, well some ones getting close, still not a challenger though (its like a M1 Abrams but better! he he he).

posted by  cinqyg

CRAFSTMAN or MAC is my choice

posted by  archangle

Hmmm.. I dunno.. There are some pretty BIG diggers...!! lol.. :mrgreen: :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

cool can i come drive 1?

posted by  cinqyg

Your Message