So am I still banned...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  So am I still banned...

Like seriously...is there still a grudge against me.

posted by  What III

Hey What! Hows it going? I don't know the answer, but thought I'd use the opportunity to give you a quick hello. :mrgreen:

posted by  corbett_auto

I think you've probably just been forgotten about....Having said that, the initial ban was probably set as permenant...Satty will know.

posted by  Cliffy

**** just unban him already. No real reason and it's not like you can ever get rid of him.
Just more names to keep track of

posted by  chris_knows

There's about 5 active people posting on this forum these days. Why ban the possible 6th?

posted by  Nissan_Altima

It's not in my place to lift the ban. I didn't ban him...

posted by  Satty101

Just unban the guy anyway, no one cares about this place.

posted by  jedimario

Hahaha, so ****ing true.

posted by  Zalight

I am typically one who tends to agree that there are unwritten guidelines that need to be followed. And lifting a ban placed by someone else falls into that category. My question is: who baned WHAT and are they still around? When have they last been seen and is there a way to contact them that they will respond to. If the answer to these questions are no, then I'd say lift the ban temporally until they come back and then ask.

I do realize I have not been here as long as some of you and my say may not mean much. But for what it's worth, let him stay on at least a probationary basis.

posted by  corbett_auto

It was BavarianWheels, and he seems to come around every once in a while.

posted by  chris_knows

Actually I'm here daily keeping the extraordinary amount of spam and forum bots to a minimum, but none of you would see that. As for What...he is on isn't he? Wasn't he able to post and ask if he's still banned?

Two words, Short Leash.

posted by  BavarianWheels

And you are doing a fine job! :thumbs:

posted by  corbett_auto

Doing a great job making sure UFF gets his free paycheck...

posted by  dvdrose18

Short leash is wrong for anybody. You've got to give them enough rope to hang themselves. :laughing:

We definately see the spam. I'm not sure what bots are, but we can see the spiders too.

posted by  thefonz

You may see some spam, but I try to catch as much as possible without too much disruption. The spiders are not anything to worry about, but the auto-sign-up bots are many and keeping up with them is just time consuming. Not having ALL admin powers, the most I can do is clear the advertising signatures and ban the name.

We get about 30-40 of these bots per day.

how?

when we only have about 10 posts per day?

posted by  Zalight

When we delete them, they're permanently and physically removed. When we delete, we can't even veiw the thread. Saves on bandwidth...

Bav, I had no idea we had that much spam here. Every now and then I see one which I delete and whatnot, but 30-40 a day? Guess you're keeping up with it a hell of a lot more than even us mods know..

posted by  Satty101

Actual spam/adverts on the forum itself are down, but bot sign ups are a huge problem. I've repeatedly emailed Adam about this, but in 3+ years I've not received any word from him.

How do you think I feel? All I can do is "tell teacher" (You or Satty), lol...But at least I can delete spam I guess. It's not all about Banning people, is it? I secretly enjoy it though, as it gives me something to do.

This has been my argument all along though. Certain people say we're useless etc etc, but most of the time, these people don't see what goes on behind the scenes. Do some people honestly think CF only has the occasional spamvertiser that only themselves spot and report, and then state that we need more Mods because we missed some spam? :thumbs:

On topic though, surely What is only posting because he's using a different username, and not because the Ban was lifted, Bav? :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

You would be correct Cliff. I'm pretty sure we can't IP ban (Which would save us a ton of effort...)

posted by  Satty101

I was never unbanned.

COME ON DUDE, THIS IS CAR-FORUMS VIA 2009. You 5-and-a-half years INVESTED IN THIS GAME and you still talking in this OVER-REGULATING LANGUAGE. Stop parachutin' on my aura, LET ME SHINE.

...because I sure don't give enough of a f*ck about you to moniter what you say. If you ever catch me on your post trail IT AIN'T ME PIMPIN'. YOU'VE BEEN BAMBOOZLED.

posted by  What III

Obviously if you weren't unbanned, but you still have this SN, then what the hell is the point?

posted by  Satty101

Lolz.

posted by  StiMan

Haha. Of course there would be no problem if people did care about this again.

It'd be fun to hang out with all the old crew again; I guess a good bit of us still linger though.

posted by  jedimario

If you can't respect me...then don't address me at all.

Short leash just got cut in half. And the next time you won't be allowed back at all as best as I can prevent it.

Have fun with What as long as it lasts.

weaksauce.

posted by  jedimario

I don't mind you not liking the matter.

But I know What will bury himself very soon...and I look forward to it. Until then deal with that which you have no control over or find another forum...thousands out there in cyber world.

I quite like What...He gies us stuff to do, lol. I also think telling members to find other sites might be destructive in the current climate....:laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

I would agree...however members that have issue with my moderating should move on and not cause more problems. Simple logic.

I agree, I just don't care.

posted by  jedimario

Might loose all three active members

posted by  thefonz

roffle.

I agree with Bav on this. What wouldn't bring anything helpful to the site. Every now and then in the past he did, but when you compare it to all the shit talking/spreading shit around he did, it wasn't worth it.

posted by  Satty101

:screwy: :smoke: :banghead: :ticking: :cussing: :mrgreen:

posted by  jedimario

Whoops. I edited it. ha, damn. :doh:

posted by  Satty101

Say what? I'm just posting random smileys.

:2cents: :cussing: :banghead: :orglaugh: :smoke: :evil: :laughing: :wink2:

posted by  jedimario

Oh. Well you made me re-read my post and discovered it contradicted itself. Not anymore.

posted by  Satty101

The thing that I can not and probably will never never stand about some people is why they assume stupid actions can be perceived as a tough act. It's like standing in front of a man with a loaded gun and saying "pull the trigger I dare you".

What, I do like you and enjoy some of the thing you bring, but really man. Why do you think that mouthing off to the people that have the control make you look like a bigger man. Can you not see that true respect is earned through kind acts and not with muscle.

Good luck to you either way.

posted by  corbett_auto

Corbett I don't recognize anything of me in your post. I'm not here to prove I'm a bad-ass. I'm here to...post my opinion. Yall exaggerate What. Like, it's just accepted in this thread that I'm just an F'n TERROR on the boards. No, not really...that's not me.

Maybe you all are too dramatic. So how about you all reach in your pants, turn down your sissy and have cry-baby free conversation. If I throw racist remarks or start murdering members (again, apparently) then I'l happily accept my ban. Until then, lets have peace.

posted by  What III

And THIS is what you all want on the forum? LOL...

Nice try Corbett...but as you can see, not even complimenting this individual gets you any sort of friendly respect...instead you're told you're too dramatic and to turn your sissy down...THEN..."let's have peace".

Honestly. Once again, What does it to himself. Let enough rope out and the boy hangs himself every time. I didn't doubt it would happen, just thought he might stick around a couple of weeks at least.

def over-reacted...

posted by  chris_knows

It were fun whilst it lasted plus gave the forum some topic to talk about.

posted by  fudge

Your Message