Wow, Banned For This?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Wow, Banned For This?

I noticed like, last week that I was banned again. I got a little time at the moment so I want to ask...WAS THIS REALLY A BAN-ABLE QUOTE?

I wrote:

BavarianWheels responded:

Seriously...you all agree with this? Maybe I under-estimate the sting in my posts, but I DID NOT see a ban-worthy post when I pressed submit. I've seen much more offensive posts go un-punished. I'm disappointed that Bav won't let me talk to you all. I like sharing my opinion.

posted by  What V

It doesn't take much to rattle their cage. Seems like just you being here is reason enough for them.

posted by  thefonz

I can understand where Bav is coming from, you might just have to change the way you speak (or type) to people. I don't think the above statement is ban-worthy but I can understand it not being wanted in a Forum about cars in general.

But What, I must say you are by far the most productive member when it comes to covering new concept cars and stuff like that. I'm too lazy and I don't have the time either but its nice to see something about a car every now and then instead of the usual Newyorker shoot-offs or whatever, like the Ferrari F450 thread for example, there are others from the past as well I'm sure.

posted by  nighthawk

Once again, What is banned...as I promised.

...and might I add...What is yet allowed to state his peace.

posted by  BavarianWheels

I can't understand both why What is so insistent on coming back to this forum and why Bav is so insistent on banning him. This forum is as dead as dead gets. Either direction for either one won't really change much.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Reasons are many as have been chances for What. This just happens to be the last straw for a good while. You don't need to agree...understanding can be found by simple searching.

Because he called you out?
Link (http://car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=28797)
How about we let the forums moderate themselves? If I don't wanna hear from what, I can ignore him or don't read his posts.

posted by  chris_knows

Called out? Not hardly.

Complain away.

Bav pretty much has a vendetta against What, that's why he keeps banning him. It's painfully obvious.

posted by  jedimario

Again I say, why would you intentionally piss off someone that is holding the rope around your kneck? He didn't have to kiss his A$$, but at least lay low and hang out for a while. It has been said that Bav has it out for What..... I think it is the other way around. What is comming here just to piss off Bav and to ruffle a few feathers in the process. And look its working.

posted by  corbett_auto

I don't care for What's ban one way or the other. My point is: are you banning him for the better of the forum or for your personal ego? The fact that you enjoy hearing others complain while you take away one of five active members means it's probably the latter.

Like I said, don't get me wrong: I don't care if he's banned or not...I'm just showing that there's a reason power corrupts...

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I don't enjoy hearing complaints but I'm open to hearing them and doing my best to remedy the problem for the good of the community. If a complaint is going to be just a bunch of name-calling and cussing out, then it's not really a complaint, but a useless rant. Too much of that will get anyone banned as it is apparent the person is not happy and might be happier elsewhere. What was banned initially for exactly what he's been again, for at least the third time now, banned for. All his actions do is establish that he cannot control himself and ends up back at square one. In other words, he's unable to learn his limits...limits he's imposed on himself given his unwillingness to abide in some limits.

I believe What, if left to simply add content, comment and "play" like the rest of the forum is an asset to the forum. But since it is he (as some others) that apparently has a personal vendetta with me and how I moderate, and attempts to build an uprising against me and other mods, then his complaints/rants/threats become an issue. Anyone is allowed to complain...it's the manner in which they choose to convey those complaints that may be found cause for a ban.

I hope this makes sense. If not, you're welcome to ask for clarification.

Clarify, please. I have very little against how you moderate (excepts for banning What). What exactly was the first reason that you banned What? I've been looking but can't find anything too controversial.

posted by  chris_knows

Initially...whew...a bit hazy since it was a while back, but I think it was for basically complaining to the point of not being able to control his language or his threats. He was complaining about not being able to cuss people out freely or discuss inappropriate topics...if I remember correctly.

Screw it all, just give up.

posted by  jedimario

Don't get me wrong, I don't have much time for What, but banning him does seem in vain, as all he does is return. There have been far more destructive members than What, too...Or at least a far more destructive member in my opinion. Not wanting to rock the boat too much here, but when Satty took it upon himself to ban somebody a while ago (of which I whole-heartedly agreed with), all hell broke loose, from both Bav, and other members of the community. On the flip side, it annoys me when everybody moans about what getting banned, because he should really have had his IP banned in the first instance...when he really was destructive, but that's not been possible. Now he seems a little more calm, but should he really be here now anyway?

posted by  Cliffy

I see your point and would agree to some level, but not at saying What is less destructive.

Gay...

posted by  Enthusiast

There's coming to a car forum and arguing about cars, and then there's coming to a car forum only to be antisocial and disruptive. What's been doing more with cars lately, but I wonder about the type of person that HAS to keep coming back to a particular forum constantly on the warpath and constantly being disruptive despite repeated bannings. There seems to be a mental disconnect there...

There are other forums. If one bans you, move along.

posted by  ChrisV

If he really wanted to do right, he would come back under a new name and show some maturity and not let anybody know who he is. Every time he comes back, he makes sure we know who he is.

posted by  thefonz

Initially I will not allow him to return. As soon as I see it's him, he'll be rebanned. His IP address(s) list with all his name(s).

He was allowed to come back and do his thing now, but you see he couldn't be respectful (or even civil) for more than a day or two. I suspect that to be the case each time he's allowed to return.

His list of names and IP addresses keeps growing.

I've never known a single member demand such attention...Well, I have, but that's a whole other story. Every time What returns, we fall for his hard done by antics...Guys, this is what he wants, and ChrisK, you played right in to his hands with your Poll. :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

I like his cocky attitude. Makes for some good laughs.
Fly ass freestyles too lol

posted by  chris_knows

i voted no, lol

posted by  glagon1979

:screwy:

posted by  SyntheticTrust

No one ever does. :orglaugh:

You have access to modify, change, or delete every account, profile, post, thread, and or section in this forum. Unless he has access to the administrative tools within this server, he poses no more of a threat to you than any other member, or admin for that matter.

I'm sure people appreciate your willingness to explain and clarify your actions, however you were given authoritative powers for a reason. Whomever owns and operates this server saw fit to instill you with the power to do so. Your actions don't warrant an explanation.

You banned him because you felt you needed to. Simple as that...

:2cents:

Aside from that... wow...:screwy:

posted by  DSMer

If it was my (or any other mod here) intention to purposely run this place as a dictatorship, I would do as you say. However, as some may know, I do take into account everyone's feelings on matters. What, is simply one of those matters that has gone over and beyond considering the forum's thoughts. In any case, it seems he only has a half dozen followers anyway. Hardly a reason for me to think or do otherwise with him.

Once again, in time he may be allowed to return under his What ID. For now he'll have to make attemps to be sly and fly under the radar to get back in here because the moment I find him registering or already posting...he's gone.

I think we can all agree this forum seldom talks about cars anymore, sad to see but what can you do. It's a bunch of post whores (including myself) for the most part flaming each other.

posted by  99integra

Uh, there's about 7 regular posters.

Just sayin'...

posted by  jedimario

Oh well in light of THAT bit of news...What is welcome back on the forums...

NOT!

I'm not trying to tell you to bring him back, just saying that half a dozen is good chunk of the active posters. "Only" 6 doesn'tmake much sense :wink2:

posted by  jedimario

Looking at your signature, I would beg to differ. :)

That's old. I'm not trying to do anything here but waste time.

posted by  jedimario

It would take uff to ban you, surely? So I think we can safely say you're safe, lol.

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message