Where Do You Get Your Car News From?

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Where Do You Get Your Car News From?

Just wondering what everyone does...

Anyone watch FastLaneDaily, Motortrend or Edmund's Inside Line videos on YouTube?
I actually find that a lot more convenient than magazines. Opinions?

posted by  chris_knows

Top Gear....

I actually don't get car news. If it's anything good, Top Gear will make fun of it eventually.

posted by  Satty101

Not really that keen on car news to be honest, I only ever come across news when I'm at my local WHSmiths where all the car magazines are at and if any of them catch my eye. I'm more into motorsports so I go on Autosport and PlanetLemans and every week listen to the Midweek Motorsport show on Radiolemans. Race cars are allot cooler imo.

posted by  fudge

I subscribe to Auto Express. I like the fact that it's a weekly mag as opposed to monthly. Obviously the price reflects this, too.

posted by  Cliffy

Hey Cliffy, I am fortunate to been a really early member of Auto Express, I don't have to pay.

posted by  Wally

Hey...I made it through with an honorable discharge...not necessarily "proud" of it, but I did complete my commitment.

posted by  BavarianWheels

Yes...and no. ;)

You see, this is why I come here for the latest news.

I want a Geely Otaka.
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20091007/capt.3b62cb7a9fd148f0a30041e34f623ff2.mel tdown_rising_china_bej204.jpg

And a Twizzy Z.E.
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20090916/capt.photo_1253114924381-1-0.jpg

And a 1/32nd scale slot car track.
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090916/capt.e4402899a0c147f1a8944bdd3a680716.ger many_auto_show_pfra107.jpg

And a Maserati Grand Cabrio.
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20090916/i/r3109534203.jpg

But the Geely is my favorite. The car is okay too. Maybe that'll liven things up around here for a day or two.

posted by  vwhobo

Free?...

Oh and hobo, I'll let you post above remain, at least that's vaguely acceptable.

posted by  Cliffy

Bullshit

This is my thread, and I say what gets deleted. I want everything undeleted.

Also, just heard a rumor that Porsche's bringing back a car similar to the 914...A car smaller and cheaper than the Boxster. I'm interested.

posted by  chris_knows

So the self appointed thought police is not only deleting my posts but also editing the senior moderators posts now.

Proof that Cliffy is still a useless piece of sh*t. Surprise!

posted by  vwhobo

Thank G-d you're still here. It'd suck if the 0.27 members on this forum would get offended at that.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Kim Jong Il, there was nothing wrong with the hobo's posts, not even vulgarity. They just hurt your EGO. You only proved his point by removing those posts.

posted by  dvdrose18

I edited Bav's post because it had the post of yours that I also deleted within it. Carry on guys.

posted by  Cliffy

I'd appreciate some kind of warning that my own post is being edited for content...content I didn't see fit for editing the first time around. I didn't see anything wrong with vwhobo's comments. Flame's on the moderators is not uncommon. If I was to delete every comment directed at me, there'd be a few hundred less posts on this forum.

I don't recall his EXACT words, but I know I felt I was included in whatever he mentioned and I simply replied. There is room for some discussion, adult style, if you wish. Simply deleting posts makes things more sticky.

There is only one individual's posts that gets deleted immediately with no warning and with a ban to follow, and that is for WHAT (and his many attempts to return). So far, I'm the only one enforcing that "policy".

Yeah nothing wrong with it until you cease being a spectator and become the victim of a spray. Then you'll be screaming for justice from the mods.:wink2:

posted by  Wally

I don't scream for justice, I just crawl under my rock, curl up into the fetal position, and cry:mrgreen:

posted by  dvdrose18

I'm not going to sit here and argue the toss with you, Bav. I'm a big boy and I'll edit/delete posts as I see fit. I rarely just delete or edit posts, and tend to give members a free reign, which you'll be able to see from a simple search, but I'm just sick and tired of certain e-thugery that appears to go hand-in-hand with the interweb and especially this place. Some might call it an abuse of power, but that's only the interpretation that certain individuals chose to see. I see it as doing a good job. I only edited your post as it contained the initial post of hobo's that I edited in it. Speaking of EGOs...If I have bruised anybody's by deleting/editing posts. I sincerely appologise. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

So let me summarize the situation;

Everyone in the thread, with the exception of Wally the asskisser, can see that Cliffy the human douche bag is in the wrong... With the exception of Cliffy (shock, surprise). So he's still justified in his own feeble mind in taking the inappropriate action of deleting one post and editing another, even though it was deemed acceptable by the senior moderator.

In other words, Cliffy just proved what I've said about him for years now. No intelligence, no maturity, no common sense, power hungry, abusive of his power and as useful as a bag of dog crap who should be prevented from procreating. Yep yep.

And you wonder why this forum is dead and buried. Look no further than Cliffy. He's not just worthless, he's this forum's #1 liability. And he's so self important that he's proud of it. Pathetic.

posted by  vwhobo

Can Bav ban Cliffy?

posted by  dvdrose18

Uh, did I hear the rumble of thunder in the distance? No it can't be, surely not, it is! It's Captain Plagiarism and his trusty hip flask. Famous for single handedly killing prosperous forums, bullying 65 yearold decorated war veterans with terminal illness to an early grave, there is no obstacle he cannot savage. Hail to the chief, a man's man.

posted by  Wally

Interesting question...hmm. ;)

Your Message