Watch what you say online!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Watch what you say online!

Consider the consequences of starting a word war and making threats via these types of forums.

Internet Threats Lead To Middle School Student's Arrest (http://www.nbc6.net/education/3323643/detail.html)

posted by  BavarianWheels

Dang! Thanks Bav for posting that... :screwy:

posted by  StiMan

nasty!

i know of two people in my area with a similar story...so theres Person A and Person B. Person B hates Person A with a vengeance, and wrote "kill Person A" in their profile. the family of Person A saw this and got a restraining order for Person B.

its a crazy world out there...Bav's right. :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

lol...Thanx for posting that Bav.....I am now gonna bring a gun in here and shoot you all.....Bling bling bling :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

wow what is the world coming too? I guess it has always been this way, the internet jsut provides another medium in which to express ones thoughts.

posted by  Voda48

The problem really escalates as some of you younger people make yourselves known by name, school, age, gender

...license plate numbers both your own and your parents!!

Home addresses in background of pics...(don't laugh...it's happened here!)

yeah when i usually post i blur out the license plates of real vehicles...and if i were ever to post my Permit i would blur out my name and address... :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

Oh Dear!

Man, that's crazy. :screwy:

posted by  karburator

There sure are some pratts out there....I think people take this whole 'online' stuff far too seriously... :smoke:

posted by  Cliffy

We have one individual here that was notorious at arguing and calling people names. On one thread, he decided to post three pics of his car. One was a front view (including license plate) in his driveway...another was a rear view including license plate and his mom's car and her license plate...and his house address. His profile told us what city...the front pic also showed what school he went to by the plastic parking pass hung on the rearview mirror...it was just so pathetic.

I couldn't resist...I had to let him know and he fixed the pics eventually.

He hasn't been around for a month or two.

Maybe you were too late in warning him :ohcrap: ..I still cant think who it is though..I can think of a few who it might have been though :smoke:

posted by  Cliffy

He changed it within an hour of initial post...and I just looked back...he was last here in early April. Not too far back.

So do you guys think that I should take down my webpage? I got a lot of personal stuff on there (no address or anything...but still)

posted by  Voda48

That's up to you. Just don't offer up any information you don't want out.

Well, stuff online can hurt. Every one has feelings, and where do you draw the line in what to take seroisuly and what to dismiss as rubbish. Especially if you know the person outside of the net, or have met them in person. I have a few freinds on here who i have been to meet and some i have fallen out with others are idiots and there is a small core that make it woth meeting all the others for.

Whats the likelyhood that we would have all met each other's personalittes with out the net, there cant be that many car geeks quite as geeky as us on the planet. I doubt i would even run into cliffy and i lived about 20 miles from him for 6 months. This place gives us the opertunity to meet people not necessarly from our socioeconomic background and share an interest.

Look how people responded to VWHOBO leaving there were many caring and kind words. None of us will probibly meet any of the rest of us but one day we might we could run a CF wacky racers rally, everything from beat up stock preludes, i think the one that i had probibly wont be comming, to vettes, rods, kitcars, lowriders, trucks, superbikes and crusiers. Get them all shiped to New Zealand and try and cover all the types of motorsport tracks and races avaible. could be fun you goto admit.

posted by  cinqyg

holy sh@t, that kid is insane. :guns: the kid and his parents.

posted by  importluva

Yay! I am going to report you now!

posted by  StiMan

:cussing: ....*Waits for a knock at the door*

Ya never know...we could have bumped into each other :ticking:

posted by  Cliffy

Ill make sure they dont knock!

posted by  StiMan

Who gives a flyin' f*ck. And no, that wasn't a question.

posted by  DodgeRida67

You seem to have that opinion about a lot of things...

posted by  StiMan

Who gives a **** about what exactly? :screwy:

posted by  Cliffy

Its Dodge...... who knows :doh:

posted by  Voda48

Normally whatever he posts is of no use. He finally spammed his way up past 500 posts so he could become the "Grease Monkey"... :roll:

LOL you said it. He really went up there quickly, seems to be tapering off right onw. Havent heard much lately. Me on the otherhand........ I'm getting there soon enough.

posted by  Voda48

Dodge is just one of those people...
Grease monkey... just beats me....

posted by  StiMan

Wow, crazy; thanks for the post, although I never type anything like that on a forum. Sure I have gotten angry, and maybe a few censored words.

"Grease Monkey"..496 post to go... :doh:

posted by  cwzilly

You change your name to "Grease Monkey" I will... umm... thinking on the point of this thread... umm... get angry..?!?!

posted by  StiMan

Your Message