Car Forum Necropolis

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Car Forum Necropolis

This place is surely a tomb of the dead. :laughing:

I would guess there are a few stragglers who can't figure out (or are in denial) why a once popular forum died in the arse. History teaches us that opinion leaders who treat their communities with contempt are consigning the same community to obscurity:- so saith the lord Wally.:wink2:

Oddly enough I'm watching the very same thing happening on another forum, which boasts tens of thousands of members, that has dwindled to a small tribe of regulars who band together back slapping each other's drivel and pouncing on fresh meat that may wander into the various traps awaiting them. Being the selfless person I am, I have warned the band of brothers of imminent membership demise and reminded them that hen talk is the domain of women.

I have also canvassed the possibility that car enthusiasts who read motor magazines and pay others to perform mechanical works aren't really in a position to brag and tell others how things should be done, I think I used the term "chequebook mechanics". Suprisingly they aren't taking my advice well. LOL

posted by  Wally

Funny, the first thing I see when I come here for the first time in over a year is a thread talking about how dead the forum is, lol

it's funny the site is still up really.

posted by  nighthawk

*depressive sigh*

posted by  99integra

Wally's must have come onto here after the Aussie test team lost to a bunch of Poms.

posted by  fudge

A national disgrace losing to a team of larney South Africans sprinkled with a few Poms. At least the one dayers salvaged a little pride....

posted by  Wally

Well with all the flooding thats going on its the least we could do. Its even more of a disgrace when the South African in our team didn't play that well at all.

posted by  fudge

More than one South African e.g.

Andrew Strauss
Kevin Pietersen
Michael Lumb
Jonathon Trott

posted by  Wally

And it was Anderson and Tremlett who did the most damage. Australia seldomly put a score over 300. Was a disappointment as I was hoping for a closer competition.

Was back to normal in the one day series though which is worrying seeing that the world cup is just round the corner and that we suck in the one day game.

posted by  fudge

You guys can thank Rod Marsh for getting England back on top in tests. Now all they need is Warney to show them how to play one dayers.

posted by  Wally

Going way off-topic but Wally, have you ever heard of Zyzz? Just wondering how famous he is in Australia lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I do now LOL

posted by  Wally

Not sure how close you live to NSW, but everyone there seems to know him. Even here, I hear his name mentioned regularly.

posted by  chris_knows

The name is not uncommon for wogs in body building here. Places like Lakemba in NSW have large Leb communities, so I'm not suprised he has a following. It's blokes like him that red rag the likes of the Bra Boys. He's playing himself up well.

posted by  Wally

Cliffy knows this one, but seeing as we are talking about Oz Lebs and such, this is the kinda TV show they produce here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ygygES6GWE&feature=related

posted by  Wally

This is the first thing that came to my mind. I havent thought about the forum for years and then I just got a crazy hair up my arse and looked it up. Im suprized that I rememberd my un/pw. This place seems grown over with weeds (spam)and whatnot.

I remember when this site was brand new. I was the first member to reach 100posts and for doing that I won a giftcard. Heh, good times.

Whats new with everyone?
Im as of recently paralyzed. I was getting a ride from a friend and he decided to show me the work he did on his car via ''watch this.'' After an exhilarating 60mph roll into a telephoe pole I woke up in Seattle's HarborView Trauma center days later to learn that my neck was broken at the c-5 vertebrae. That was a year ago next month.

posted by  mazda6man

Jesus, M6M. I'm really sorry to hear that. Is this a permanent situation?

I hope everyone else is doing OK.

The only news I have is that I lined up a job for when I graduate from college. Huzzah.

posted by  StiMan

M6M - Damn that sucks...sorry to hear about that.

And I'm still around, this place was still favourited...just haven't bothered coming around lately, because of how dead it was.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Mate, I feel bad for you.

posted by  Wally

Ay M6M you and your family are in my prayers. I'll do a Novena for your well being.

posted by  99integra

Damn that sucks. What's the prognosis like? Here's to hoping for a full recovery so you can kick your "friend's" @$$.

Speaking of recovery, how has the leg been doing Dodger?

posted by  dvdrose18

M6M - Wow buddy, sorry to hear. I hope the prognosis is positive.

posted by  Voda48

Thanks all, I'm considered an incomplete quadriplgic. I'm getting some things back, they are more novelty movements than anything, but I'll take what I can get. The important thing is that I get as strong as I can to work with what I got. If I can find a positive from the whole thing, I don't have to work forthe fascist pig that was my boss anymore. Also, I can do a mean 13 MPH in my power chair lol. I'm currently waiting on my settlement money and I hope to make my way to Europe to see into some alternative medicines.

It really is cool to see that all the old regulars are still checking in here. Brings back old memories.

posted by  mazda6man

It is kind of crazy that we all check here every once and a while.

I hope that you're able to find something that works for you, M6M. Good luck.

posted by  StiMan

Sorry to hear that M6M! I wish you well!

If you're after alternative medicines, then I hear Amsterdam is good....:thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Well to bring down the mood even more, a month after I last posted I came home to find my beautiful wife asleep for good. I couldn't revive her and I have been miserable ever since.

posted by  Wally

Man, all these stories really hit hard...I never realized how big a part of my life CF (and its members) were a few years back.

I can't imagine the pain that either of you are going through right now, but I honestly wish the best for you guys, and I'm gonna keep checking CF to keep up with everything.

posted by  chris_knows

Wow, so sorry to hear that... :ohcrap:

posted by  ChrisV

i know im a month late, but i just wanted to say im very sorry for your loss.

i also know im pretty late chiming in on the m6m thing but i just wanted to say good luck on the recovery and stay strong. my brother WAS a quad and he now has full use of his arms and regained movement of his legs and is almost able to walk on them.

posted by  glagon1979

Sorry for the delay, Wally! So sorry to hear that, I hope you're bearing up okay mate! :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

My prayers are with ya'll.

I'm in ohio now and its almost snowing. I ain't thrilled, first snow I'll ever see.

Lol I've been coming to this forum out of curiosity for about 8 years now and it's sad to see it in such condition.

posted by  99integra

Thanks guys.

I have spent some time in Europe since I last posted, been to the Middle East and now I'm heading off to S/E USA for a couple of weeks. I'm making myself scarce at home to allow my friends and daughter a reprieve from my misery and aggression. I never thought I would ever have the stuffing knocked out of me like it has.

posted by  Wally

Hey Wally - better late then never I guess...I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I have no clue how much that would devastate a person. I hope you can *move* past it(In the sense that you don't throw yourself into a downward spiral over it), but it seems like you're managing pretty decently.

Only possible way I can relate is that I've watched both my parents battle life-threatening health problems, and even though that causes enough stress and anxiety, as I said, I can only imagine how rough it truly is to lose someone you love.

It's cliche, but I think about a line, I first heard it in a country song, but I'm pretty sure it pre-dates the song by a bit(in some form anyways).

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present"

In other word, keep your chin up Wally. It may seem hard as hell to do that now, but that's the thing - you never know what tomorrow brings.

PS - You might be amazed at the strength your daughter has in dealing with this. It may help both of you to talk about it.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Thanks Dodger.

Doing some time in New Orleans and Memphis helped me a bit. Cee Lo Green's F@#k You is popular in the karaoke bars over your way init.

posted by  Wally

My way? N'awlins and Memphis are a long ways away from me :laughing:

I honestly have no clue what's hot in the bars around here, I've never really been big on the bar scene, unless it's in a town that has a three-digit population sign.

posted by  dodgerforlife

Man I hate that song - at one point the radio at work kept playing it til it drove me nuts. Another song which grind my gears is "I got a feeling" by Black Eyed Peas. Complete shiet which gets played everyday without fail:banghead: Man I must be getting old if all the new stuff starts to sound like crap.

Good luck with your travels, btw hows the Middle East? I've only stopped at Doha for a couple hours and didn't get to see much apart from desert.

posted by  fudge

Yeah, it's pretty popular on the radio around here, and on my wife's iPod. ;)

posted by  ChrisV

Your Message