Nnooooooooooo!!!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Nnooooooooooo!!!

This sucks so much ass. I'm out driving around with my friend, waiting for the bowling alley to open. We get there at noon and the alley opens at 5. So I drive back, heading back to my house waiting for something to do. I get less than an 1/8 mile from my house and some guy starts to ride my ass. I figure, ok, I'm close enough, I can just give it a little mre gas to get this guy off me, so I can safely turn into my driveway. So I lay on the gas and the clutch slips a little like normal (The clutch has been wearing down and the car won't accelerate much when the gas is pressed in a good ways) and look in my side mirror as I see the guy starting to back off. Then I look in the rear veiw mirror on my windsheild and see nothing but a big cloud of smoke coming from my car!!!! So as of 4:49:38 this evening, the clutch is officially.....gone. The car will sit in the driveway until I can get it in to the mechanics shop and hopefully, drive it in under it's own power. :cry: :cry: :cry:

posted by  Satty101

awwwww how sad a tale :cry:

you should have got out and grabbed the guy behind you and told him it was his fualt.....gave him a few too on the head! :laughing:

posted by  WeaponR

wow that sucks,but it is kinda funny story:laughing: :laughing:

posted by  archangle

How many miles was on the heap when that clutch went out? Maybe you need advance manual transmission driving lessons from me :laughing:

posted by  DodgeRida67

If it would make it to here I'd put one in for you.

posted by  DodgeRida67

dude. that f*cking sucks. :banghead:

posted by  SuperJew

I'm almost in the same situation. I have been feeling the clutch going on my 914 for about a year now. I don't drive it too much so I have been able to put it off. However, on Monday I had the car out and noticed that the clutch will start to slip in 3rd gear if I put the pedal down. :ohcrap:

Now the wife is nagging me to get the clutch replaced before she has to pick me up from somewhere. And now hearing your story is like the confirmation that I should get my head out of my *** & fix the damn thing.

I just had both cars road worthy too. :banghead: Well, back to the garage.

Oh, sorry to hear about your car man. I feel your pain. :oops:

posted by  theman352001

A little over 106K. on the clutch, maybe 70K. Engine and Tranny were all replaced after 30K due to a blown motor/tranny. Quads weren't that great when they first came out. heh.

posted by  Satty101

I am soo sorry Satty! That sucks! :cussing: :banghead:
Hope you get the GTZ fixed soon!

posted by  StiMan

Damn, that must have been embarassing :oops: . You got the dope to fix it?

posted by  importluva

no but my parents do. They're paying for it until I have enough money to completely Re-emburse(sp) them for it.The car is going to the shop on Monday which, ironically is my first day at my new job. Piggly Wiggly. ugh.

posted by  Satty101

70K is premature :ohcrap: Who taught you stick? :laughing:

Why don't you put it in yourself though? $280 would cover a clutch kit.

Bitch, this milk is a day old. Wheres the fresh milk at? :laughing: good luck at pig wigs. :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

My dad taught me stick. I don't think you'd do any better. Berettas are tough cars to learn to drive stick on. Believe me. I've tried on a few newer cars (Neons, Grand Ams...) but when I tried my GTZ, it was so different. The clutch was seriously hard to press down and the damn car wouldn't start unless the clutch was burried in the carpet.

posted by  Satty101

$128.88 for a clutch kit :mrgreen: Wow, I paid a lot more for the one I got at napa :ohcrap: RIP OFF :banghead:

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=SHOP&SourcePage=SEAR CHRESULTS&MfrCode=PHT&MfrPartNumber=MU591A&PartType=244&PTSet=C

posted by  DodgeRida67

I learned to drive on a stick. (lol, that sounds weird). Your Beretta is a piece of cake compared to what I was learning on. It was a '82 Chevy C-10. 3 speed on the tree. No power brakes, no power steering, no power nothing. I had just put a new clutch in it, wanted to test it out...desided what the hell and taught myself. On top of all that, the truck was a piece of crap with around 380,000 Miles on it. Oh yeah, and it had a front brake caliper locked up.

To this day I've never driven an automatic tranny other than test driving after doing work on one.

No sycros in the tranny either. :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

dude, that car is getting fixed Monday. It's too late for you to bring up this stuff now.

posted by  Satty101

Lol... I have only driven a auto in my dad's A4 Cab :thumbs: :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

Your Message