2000 Monte SS

Home  \  Off Topic  \  2000 Monte SS

Here's my new ride... unfortunately it's in the hospital getting a new transmission. Thing went out at 63,000 miles. My luck. She's no gimp when she's alright though. I'll put some better pictures on sometime, along w/ my Gutlass Cutlass :)

Any suggestioins for upgrades on a vehicle like this? Don't see a whole lot of them where I'm from... and the ones I do see are about as bone stock as they get. Thanx.

posted by  Viper86

haha those cars are sweet, there so long some guy at the plaze had to park so the hood was hovering over the sidewalk
lol

posted by  bLen

LOL, there beasts I love them. The old one and the new ones are great, to bad the transmission blew, thats gotta be expensive.

posted by  JU5TIN

yah, fugging we bout a car with a busted transmission, what a stupid car company

posted by  bLen

LMAO it's true bLen's sis did. She had it for all of 56 days maybe and then we were going up a hill and the car jumped like a foot. She was like the what the hell and i was like, wow, your tranny is busted, turn out, they brouht it to Bustard the next day and turn out, busted tranny. LOL, to add insult to injury it took a month to fix it.

posted by  JU5TIN

Sorry, 5 days.

posted by  JU5TIN

lol yup

posted by  bLen

Took the thing to the tranny shop Monday, and it should probably be done Friday... I guess they're waiting for a couple parts yet. Most of the expense is in labor; FWD trannies don't like to be pulled... thus it takes a long time to pull it and put it back in. I suppose you could prolly gut it and put the new stuff in in a matter of an hour or so. Who knows. Thing of it is, it didn't just up and quit on me. It was still drivable when I took it in, but if I drove it for a longer period of time, the tranny started humming. They told me it was due to a clogged filter... clogged from gear, clutch, and band pieces :( Oh well. Should be good as new when I get it back.

posted by  Viper86

Your Message