Professional hoon. Its a label forced upon us by the media, and people who
have nfi what goes on.
500+ cars every saturday night in the boardwater car park. People standing around looking at other peoples pride and joy. All labelled as hoons, even if no one does anything wrong. So why not be professional about it?
A good example of media BS and government lies is the report about 700 Hoons doing a rolling blockade on the motorway. Everyone likes to go home in a large group. I admit 80km/h in a 110 zone can be annoying. Still, biggest load of BS informing the public we setup this blockade to protest. Protest what?? The media is still working that out.
Anyway the inside lanes were free for general traffic to go thru.
As for professional street racers, you watch too much Fast N Furious.
I've never seen anyone bet on a race. Racing is illegal too. :)
57ock, are you really a professional hoon?
2. Looking for a JOB!
5 and 6. they should make every bullet 5000 dollars each cause when the criminals shout they hit they target and kill some one. cause if a person is shot tens times and each bullet cost 5000 that's 50000 that person must of did something.
If you really want to whatch anything about gun control go hire out Michael Moore "bowling for columbine"
2. Professional Hoon
4. Moderatley effective
5. Australian Laws Are Very Strict As Is
6. They Shouldn't be changed. As you seldom ever hear anyone been shot.
Oh MY GOD
I agree with you for once.
Good post Widowmaker2k thumbs
Now back to the subject of 57ock being a professional street racer. 57ock, how can you do street racing for a living? Surely people won't race you if they don't think that they can beat you. That means that there's roughly a 50/50 chance that you could lose each race, which converts to the possibility of you loosing more money than you earn. I thought that people only put bets on their own street races to make it more interesting.
Ah, so you Australians call 'hooning' what we English call 'cruising'. I wish that I could just be a 'professional cruiser' instead of working for a living P I taped a programme on street racing off MTV ) where people were betting on their cars to win. If one car was clearly faster than another, then people would be given head starts etc. Some of the racers had to pay extra money to be able to; race with slicks; see the other 'race car's' engine etc. One guy even got someone else to drive his car for him. Personally, I think that they're a bunch of losers.
2. Automotive Technician
4. Not effective
6. Niether, first we should enforce existing laws to see if they work, then look at any possible changes
Hi, I am doing a poll for my critical issue project about how people feel
about gun control laws. And I was wondering if you could answer my few
questions. You have to be 18 or older to fill out my poll.
1. What is you name?(Your name will not show up on my poll results.)
2. What is your profession?
3. What is your age?(You must be 18 or older.)
4. How effective are gun control laws in limiting crime? (Extremely effective) (Moderatley effective) (No effect at all) (Detrimental) (Don't know)
5. Do you feel existing gun control laws are enforced strictly enough? (yes) (no) (don't know)
6. Do you think gun control laws should be increased or decreased? Why?
1. Widowmaker (Matt)
2. Looking For a Job
5. Well, since they shouldn't exist...too strictly
6. Decreased. There are 2.1 million defensive gun uses each year. The fact is, the criminals are not going to obey gun-laws. Since 1934 there has only been one legally owned automatic-weapon used in a crime, and that crime was comitted by a police officer in 1988. When there was almost a complete ban on firearms in Victoria some time back, the murder rate skyrocketed by 300%, the law was quickly repealed and less-strict laws put into place. The murder rate returned to normal.
Did you know the most prominent supporter of gun-control in the 20th century was Adolph Hitler? It's true, he knew that the best way to control the population was to disarm them.
Here are some useful quotes:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater … confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria in On Crimes and punishment (1764).
"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property . . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." Thomas Paine, Thoughts on Defensive War (1775).
"Americans need not fear the federal government because they enjoy the advantage of being armed, which you possess over the people of almost every other nation." James Madison.
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry, during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution (1788)
Well that makes a refreshing change my old cocker )
Looks like we have a new spokesman for the DNC. :clap:
2. Full time student, part time liquor store attendant
4. Not effective, there will always be crime.
6. There's no need to change something that isn't the problem. Like Vwhobo said, the problem isn't the laws themselves, it's the laws being enforced and obeyed.
7. You're welcome :thumbs:
Do you really think this guy is monitoring his post from April of 2003 ? I
would hope that the project is done by now.
vwhobo gets another victim. :thumbs:
DAM IT!!!! I feel DUM!!!(intentionally misspelled) :doh:
increased because it is really just way too easy to get one. In the bay area they passed a law that bans hand guns to be purchased but tell me who is gonna go and retrieve all these hadnguns that have been purchased. It would be like a scene in sin city where the cops just whip right around when they hit the ghetto.
That $5,000 bullet joke's from Chris Rock's "Bigger and Blacker"
show...funny show, but Froudey's a cheat :laughing:
Now, just for sh!ts and giggles:
1. Chris Knows
2. Tomato Farmer/ Inventory Specialist
3. 15...but in dog years, I'd be 105...that has to count for something :laughing:
4. Living in Canada, my views would be different, but obviously IMO gun control up here is fine, hell just a few weeks ago, I thought it was illegal to have a gun :laughing:
5. Keep them where they are for Canada at least...they seem to be fine.
4. Not effective
5. No point in making more laws as most guns used in crimes are bought ilegally
6. If the goverment banned all firearms criminals would just use knives instead. If you think about it crime would go up because knives are cheaper and don't make any noise when used. Right?