Bikes(hanvt seen a topic yet)

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Bikes(hanvt seen a topic yet)

Anyone into bikes at all?

I'v only took an interest recently, last month or so but i think theyre aewsome.

Faster than cars, look better, better feeling when on one.

Anyone into Bikes? Anyone give me some info on the mechanics of them?

posted by  Yamaha R1

Um, what kind of bikes....?

posted by  DodgeRida67

im quite into bike dont know much about them though.. you should see abless if bikes is your deal

posted by  Lukaz

I like bikes alot too. I've been a member of two different forums for about a year, so I know quite a bit about them.

posted by  abless

i wish i knew about bikes, but i havent gotten around to learn anything about them. i have helped take 2 apart so i atleast know how they are put together, but thats it.

posted by  Inygknok

I only know about the bikes thgat require pedals :banghead:

posted by  Voda48

yeah bikes are good. but only faster in a straight line than cars!
My first love was bikes, got my first one at 13 when my mum sent me to live with my dad. trained as a mechanic, but only got to work on certain bikes in the 1 1/2 years I was there.

I'm dying to get another, but this country is big time dangerous for bikes!! big time dangerous for driving with all the unlicensed drivers on the road here :doh:

anyone else into the old big 2 strokes? rd350, rg500, anything like that?

but anyway, yeah to the bikes!!! no to the puff daddy genaration of bikers!

posted by  Unlicensed

i like bikes quite a bit personally im a sport bike fan . i like the yamaha R6 the ducatti 996 and the benelli tornado the most :thumbs: .

The R6 is very fast for a 600cc bike but then all 600cc are very quick. What i like about the R6 is the die cast aluminum chassis :drool: think it was the 1st bike to have a chassis from 100% aluminium.
dont blame me if im wrong cos i dunno to much about bikes :doh:

posted by  Lukaz

I love the Ducatti 996. I think there were only 3 made.

Others are the Yamaha R1, the Suzuki GSX-R, the Suzuki Hayabusa, and the Suzuki Gixxxer 1000.

posted by  VMJYogi

Noone take this personally (u'll thank me later).

posted by  VMJYogi

? only 3 made? where did you hear that?

posted by  Unlicensed

Umm... No.

The Honda NSR500 is awesome.

500cc two stroke V-Four making 180 bhp, and could make 200 mph.

380bhp per liter. amazing.

posted by  abless

BTW, the Hayabusa is the GSX-R1300. :thumbs:

posted by  abless

you dont really believe that around a curcit a bike will win?
only a curcit with very mild bends and major strights will give the bike a chance!

your favorite R1 was pitted against a basic 911 turbo at snetterton race track and came away with the silver (lost).

hows about instead of replying with something like just a plain "no". you give some idea why you believe so?

I believe so because silverstone for ex, lapped by btcc car in 1m.28s
pier fran' chilli, wsb in 1m.40s.

posted by  Unlicensed

I've see the video. The R1 rider was barely even trying.

I admit certain cars COULD beat a modern sportbike, but nothing under about $200,000

posted by  abless

Okay boss. I just HAVE to put GSX-R1300 instead of Hayabusa. What makes you think i dont know that the 1300 and the Hayabusa are the same bike. I have the freedom to call it Hayabusa so thanxz for the unneccessary correction.

No im not being bit*hy. I just felt like *itching.

posted by  VMJYogi

I heard it on an episode of MTV Cribs and the guy had one of those and he said there were only 3 made. He coulda been lying. I didnt really check. Now i know better.

posted by  VMJYogi

I just thought I should tell you. You mentioned

All three of those are GSX-R's.

posted by  abless

(not sure if we've seen the same footage?)
the R1 rider was james heydon (british superbike champ)
the car driver was jason plato (brithish toring car champ).

I don't maen to be acting like a d*ck, just that like I said with the example before, the lap times were of top of the range non production (basically) superbikes, against 2wd brithish touring cars.
obviously no average family car is gonna match a bike, but apples for apples, (sports v sports) the car will beat the bike round most tracks due to the levels of grip acheivable by 4 wheels over 2.

yeah! if i only had a few grand to spend and wanted to go at 160+mph without fuss, then a bike is what i'd be buying! probably a gpz900, zx10, zzr1100 (can u tell i like kwakas?)old gsxr1000 cheap and the first bike i really desired.

then again for REALLY cheap fun($100), I managed to pull 120mph out of my first road bike, rd125lc without any real work at all.

damn all this talk, i wana go get another toy now, when the wife aint looking I'm gonna grab me a little project on the cheap :thumbs:

posted by  Unlicensed

C'mon man. I just REwatched that video, you can't tell me with a straight face that it's not biased.

"Host" of the show:

Towards the end of the race, the "host" was literally rooting FOR the car.

Unbiased?

Also, the Porsche was AWD, and the rider was Neil McKensey, not James Heydon, who looked like he didn't want to get his a$$ run the he11 over by the jacka$$ in the car.

If you believe that video, you're pretty gullible.

posted by  abless

Oh i never knew that 1 thanx for the info. :thumbs:

So the GSX-R750 aka GSX-R
GSX-R1300 aka Hayabusa
GSX-R1000 aka Gixxxer ?

Is that right?

posted by  VMJYogi

ok thanks.

Also i was on the bk of my dads R6 today and wow.

I thought that Z3's packed some power, but we went past it like it wasnt even there. Bikes accelarate so fast its unbelievable.
-------------
one more thing

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/2004/2004-yam-r1-08-1.jpg

BOOYAA

posted by  Yamaha R1

Yea, most people just say Hayabusa, Gixxer 600, Gixxer 750, and Gixxer 1000.

posted by  abless

oh f**k! I was sure it was james heydon!? oh well!

but if you read my posts you'll see my info wasn't fully based on the video! it was based on the lap times around silverstone racetrack by profesional drivers/riders.
That is the real evidence!

I do addmit though upon reflection (mainly your memory helping Clarkson quote) that the "test" was allways favouring the car. :oops: BUT!! the fact still remains, 2wd touring car V bike around the same curcit the car is faster!

btw, have you seen the one of the family car(think the volvo s40) V the rally car(colin McCrea focus) V the F1 car(jonny herbert)?

posted by  Unlicensed

They raced at the same time. They announced those exact times in the video.

posted by  abless

Motorcyles are ina different world,but I like this thread, cause it's a lil like bike vs. Car. :wink2:

When I thinking of Motorcycles, nuthin' comes in mind except:
Custom Harley Davidson (i.e. Titan, Buell)
Ducati 996 (The Ferrari of MCs)
Benelli 1130 TNT (The Lambo of MCs)
... :smoke:

posted by  lutz

they announced what times? the btcc round silverstone V the bike round silverstone? nah! those times I souced from past events last year!

posted by  Unlicensed

Your Message