Hey moderators!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Hey moderators!

I have a peice of crap computer that always boots me offline. When it does this I obviously don't log out from here. Sometimes I go back and keep posting then log out later. Others I don't bother going back on and stay logged on till whenever it is that I next go on. Does this matter, am I leaving cookies and crap like that on my computer?

posted by  Zalight

mainly, all that does is take away the inconvinience (sp?) of logging on, then logging off, only to log on again. Atleast, that's all I know.

posted by  Satty101

cool.

posted by  Zalight

This is a car forum!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus u act like its a new news story to know that we are into cars. "and thats the way the cookie crumbles"

posted by  VMJYogi

wtf??? :screwy:

posted by  Satty101

my thoughts exactly

posted by  SuperJew

I used to always log stay logged in from a few PC's where I used to work, eventually your name will disappear from the online users box, but if you come back in you'll automatically be logged in again

My thoughts too :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Hmm. It seems convenience takes precedence over security with the members here?

Everytime you surf most websites on the internet, they will place cookies on your computer. Most cookies are harmless, but there are some that track your activities and possibly link your computer with another computer through the internet. In other words, your computer has been hacked.

To prevent all this, i take measures to have a secure and advanced web browser (mozilla), Zone Alarm to provide firewall and program monitoring, McAfee AntiVirus, and Spybot Adware/Spyware remover. Oh, and i make sure to delete all cookies at the end of the day (if the browser does not already do so)

posted by  importluva

I know what you mean, I remember asking for help myself once when the PC I was logged in on was turned off by the user and I hadn't logged out, Adam had to do something with the cookies or something like that. I would never deliberatelly not log myself out though as this means anyone who has access to your PC can simply visit the site and be logged in under your name! :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

okay satty, SJ, and cliffy the post i made earlier was just stupid funny. It makes no sense it just made me laugh for a couple minutes.

posted by  VMJYogi

whatever...its all good.

posted by  SuperJew

you = :screwy:

posted by  Satty101

Your Message