I can't wait until Nov 2nd

Home  \  Off Topic  \  I can't wait until Nov 2nd

I don't know about anyone else, but I cannot wait until Nov. 2nd when this Mickey Mouse Bs is over. I was on my way home this afternoon from work and heard on the radio 3 election commercials in the span of one stop and go light. (mind you it was a long light and this crap on the radio didn't help.) So anywas this one was about Bush and the fact that he gives a tax break to companies that outsource. 28,000 peple have lost a manufactoring job due to this. (their numbers) Well I think this is horse shit. They failed to mention that there was an increase in jobs for Americans right here in America. In Iowa alone, 2500 new Biotech jobs are opening up. I am sick of hearing people take these age old arguments and trying to run with it. I am sorry that the job market is changing, but do you really think that this tax break alone is the reason?? Its not politics...its business. To complete a job here is America you would need to pay skilled laboror ~$15/hr. Why pay that much when you can send the job overseas and pay less than a third of the cost? I am just so sick of this crap.

To make matters worse, I am currently living in Iowa, one of a dozen or so "Battleground" states. Farmers are pro Bush, Teachers are pro Kerry.... I just heard a radio annoucement that Jon Bon Jovi will be holding a free concert tonight in Cedar Rapids to help elect John Kerry. They are calling the tour put on by the John's, the Toilet Bowl Tour. John Kerry is bring his guitar and is going to sing along. I am sorry but hearing that on the radio just made me want to puke. :puke:

So anyways I am counting on the days.......In the meantime, my buddies dad sent this to me:

Once upon a time, long, long ago there was a Presidential election that was too close to call. Neither the Republican presidential candidate nor the Democratic presidential candidate had enough votes to win the election.

Therefore, it was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two candidates to determine the final winner. There was much talk about ballot recounting, court challenges, etc., but a week-long ice fishing competition seemed the (manly) way to settle things. The candidate that catches the most fish at the end of the week wins.

After a lot of back and forth discussion, it was decided that the contest would take place on a remote and cold lake in Wisconsin. There were to be no observers present, and both men were to be sent out separately on this remote lake and return daily with their catch for counting and verification.

At the end of the first day, George W. returns to the starting line and he has 10 fish. Soon, Kerry returns and has zero fish. Well, everyone assumes he is just having another bad hair day or something and
hopefully, he will catch up the next day.

At the end of the 2nd day George W. comes in with 20 fish and Kerry comes in again with none. That evening, Bill Clinton gets together secretly with Kerry and says, "I think George W. is a lowlife cheatin' son-of-a-gun. I want you to
Go out tomorrow and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if he is cheating in any way."

The next night (after George W. comes back with 50 fish), Clinton says to Kerry, "Well, what about it, is George W. cheatin?'" "He sure is, Bill, he's cutting holes in the ice."

:laughing:

posted by  Voda48

hahaha"...Im a Texas Tiger..."

Anywho, I went to a John Edwards rally a few days ago and went there 50/50, and left 99% for Bush. Today I saw Farenhieght 9/11 and now i'm 66/33 Bush...

posted by  Satty101

You let a movie influence you like that? :screwy: Come on man, you know better than that... :ohcrap:

posted by  DodgeRida67

dude, its a Documentary. documentaries are supposed to influence you...

thats why i never saw Fahrenheit 9/11...i hate politics, and i hate Michael Moore almost as much. :cussing:

posted by  SuperJew

Far from it.

posted by  DodgeRida67

a film made by micheal moore is hardly a documentary. its a completly biased opinion from a man that is too liberal for even kerry.

posted by  farmboy

I must agree with you on that one. That movie is far from truth, kind of like soundbites all mixed together.

posted by  Voda48

I too, can't wait for the passing of Nov2nd. Them I can get rid of that ass-ugly sig I've saddled myself with. :cussing:,, :fu: Michael Moore.

posted by  lectroid

We aren't making you keep it. Just get a new one. lol

posted by  Satty101

I am! Please keep it lectroid! :thumbs:

posted by  DodgeRida67

Haha, ok. I guess we are making you keep it.

posted by  Satty101

I hate getting into political discussions online, so all I'll say is that we're either going to elect a turd sandwich or a giant douche bag. Any fans of South Park will know what I'm talking about. This is basically my philosophy about politics.

posted by  abless

:laughing:

yay! another South Park fan!

posted by  SuperJew

Well I cant vote yet, but I really hope Bush wins... it aint just because I am a die-hard texan, I have reasons, I am just to tired to type them all out! :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

South Park = teh win

posted by  Satty101

You guys realize that Novemeber 2nd won't be the end of it, but only the beginning. then the vote counting and recounting will begin, and the lawyers will get ahold of it and it will drag on until January...

And yes, Michael Moore is a fat joke. Even though there are many things I don't agree with Bush on, that "film" is a huge piece of garbage.

Michael Moore's documentary style is like this: if I said, "none of my friends are criminals." what would make it to the screen is "my friends are criminals." All the words would be mine, in the order I said them. But by careful omission of two words, the entire meaning would not only be changed, it would be inverted. That's his style. Using bits of facts to point you to a completely non-factual conclusion. Using truth to tell a lie.

posted by  ChrisV

Your Message