Getting car painted

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Getting car painted

Just wanted to tell everyone that I'm getting my car painted as I write this. We took it to the body shop on Saturday, and they said that it'd probably be ready by Friday, and I am all too excited. I am getting it painted black again. I found a picture of a car much like mine, and this is what my car should look like once I get it back and get new wheels:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/456000-456999/456173_30_ full.jpg

posted by  Patrick

I hope you don't mind me asking, but, nearly a week in the paint shop, whats this going to cost you?

posted by  DodgeRida67

I was quoted $1560. Bring on the sizzle.

posted by  Patrick

Wow. I'm going to be painting my project car soon and just the supplies are going to cost me close to a grand. Good deal.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Agreed. Of course, your project car probably doesn't yet have paint. My car already has paint, and it's in good condition. It's just that I wanted dints knocked out and dings repaired, as well as having an uber-fresh coat of paint. I'm quite excited to see it.

posted by  Patrick

when/if I get a bodykit for my Grand Am, I'm gonna get it painted a Midnight blue mietallic with black metallic flames... :mrgreen:

posted by  Satty101

Grr. Don't waste the money on that car for a body kit and paint. I'd bank that cash and save it for something I'd really want to spend it on.

posted by  Patrick

Sounds like that is something he really wants to spend it on...

I'm getting tiored of people thinking that making a car faster is the ONLY valid thing to spend money on. I mean, the $1500 you're spending could make your car quite a bit faster, and the new paint won't. But the new paint will make the car look better to you, right? I'm sure that's how he feels about the body kit.

posted by  ChrisV

Thank you Chris. The body kit comes first because I just don't like the whole idea of a sleeper. Yes, it's fun, but I like apearances too (Hence all the neon the Beretta had). There is a lot more stuff I can do to this car rather than my old one, but that'll come later on.

BTW, make sure you actually get pics of YOUR car when it gets back from teh paint shop. :thumbs:

posted by  Satty101

...and this is where I disagree with Satty. I LOVE the sleeper concept - its so appealing to me. I think i'll make my next car a sleeper. :twisted:

posted by  SuperJew

The pictures will be on the web the second I get them. I have a question- does anyone know of a picture-hosting website where I could put them (for free, obviously)? I didn't mean to sound like an ass about the body kit, it's just that I think that Grand Ams are a little unreliable to be putting lots of money into. But whatever you want, bizzle.

posted by  Patrick

imageshack.us

Great for hosting pictures to post on a forum or whatever you want. Very simple and fast as well.

posted by  abless

Hmmm, seems fishy. I went to the website, and it appears that I have to pay for them to host my pictures. Like I said, suggestions that are free.

posted by  Patrick

www.ripway.com

thats what I use, and its awesome! :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

Your Message