Why is it...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Why is it...

...that threads get locked so nobody can add their opinion and then some mod can come along, unlock it, put in his two cents and the re-lock it? Is it just me or does that seem to be a minor abuse of power. Comments?

Here's the one I'm refering to; http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7127 . I'd sure like an answer, like maybe from the guilty party.

posted by  vwhobo

I actually was talking to SJ about it (right after this anyways). I didn't think it was neccessary to lock it myself, so since I'm the "guilty party", that's my explination. It kinda flip flopped more than John Kerry, but that's the way I'm talking right now for some reason.

posted by  Satty101

um...yeah. i'll unlock it if you guys want. I just figured that if StiMan, the creator, wanted it closed then i'd comply with what he wanted. i'll reopen it. sorry guys. :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

I agree that it shouldn't have been locked to begin with. There were six or seven people involved but only a few got to finish saying their peace. Doesn't it seem foolish to close a thread where people are getting along? It does to me. Maybe it's time for the other guilty party to speak.

posted by  vwhobo

Yeah I don't quite understand all the thread locking either. Its was beginning to habitually piss me off. The thread locking because people were expressing their general chat in a group that was specified for that sole reason. Problem is bad decisions upon these lock happy mods. Sorrys don't cut it. Not doing it in the first damn place doese however...

Iregaurdless to how stupid and irrelivant that "Member of the Month" thread was; there should be a minimal ammount of cases where threads are closed.

posted by  DSMer

I asked to have the thread closed cuz I just thought it would turn into a flame war and all that... Im sorry if I shouldnt have asked... I just thought since the debate, in my opinion, was solved and we werent going to do the MOTM thing that it was ok to ask it to be closed. Sorry if it wasnt the right thing to ask. I didnt expect it to be so... kind in a debate sort of way, unlike many CF debates...

posted by  StiMan

I wasnt on on CF for the weekend so i wasnt able to post anything in the thread. when i realize the thread on monday it was to late for me to post anything because it was already locked.

posted by  Ki2AY

You've been saying that all over the place...just to let you know it's Irregardless. Two R's and no "U". Sorry, had to.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Ok, and who the hell are you? Official spell checker?

posted by  DSMer

He was just trying to help you spell a word correctly and you ****ing blow up. WTF is that?

posted by  Satty101

Thank you Dr. Effin Obvious for pointing out that he was trying to help me. Your good deeds shall not go un-noticed, I'll see to that. Just as soon as I find an alternative fuel for cars.

posted by  DSMer

With your mentality, my grandchildren will be dead before you find that alternative fuel..

posted by  Satty101

satty is correct, you got an issue there dsmer.

posted by  Ki2AY

No. There you go with the assumption thing again. :ohcrap:

You've spelled that word wrong over and over again on these forums and I thought I'd let you know you were spelling it wrong. If you had toilet paper stuck to your ass and you were about to speak infront of 10,000 people would you want someone to tell you about the toilet paper stuck to your ass? I told you that was incorrect in the most polite way possible. Don't give me attitute when you should be thanking me. It's not my fault you couldn't spell that word.

You're welcome.

posted by  DodgeRida67

Dang you beat me to it :thumbs:

posted by  Voda48

Ughh, thats the point. Its never going to happen. Man, Dr. Obvious strikes again.

Ugh, I've been told how to spell the word before. I know it has two r's. You "assumed" you helped me, but you did'nt. See how that works both ways? Anywhos, I need'nt thank you for information I allready obtained. Don't believe me check the forums, I've been told numerous times to use two r's yet I still don't. I could proof read my entire post, but I don't. I could spellcheck each and every last one, but I don't. I wonder why that is?

Hmm.... maybe because I don't give a shit? Yep thats the one.

I'm not giving you attitude, but since you wanna be such a watchman for grammatical and spelling errors. How about you browse the thousands of threads at CF and correct the other millions. Stop biting at my ankles, when I need your help, rest assured I'll come to you immediately.

posted by  DSMer

Your Message