Here come the British!

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Here come the British!

I know most of you guys are probably partial to American cars but here is a couple of UK vehicles. Some may think MG fanatics are a little crazy but if you love cars and tinkering, there isn't too many that require as much tinkering as these! These are two of mine. One last one to go, a '72 MGB. I'm thinking about a 3.4 V6 with a five speed upgrade to that one.

posted by  Tony Mason

Very nice stuff. How hard was it to convert the Midget to steel bumpers intead of rubber?

posted by  vwhobo

Actually, the '74 was the last Chrome bumper. That's why you see those big blocks on the front. '74.5 and up came with the rubber bumpers. I did read that a lot of guys do convert those. It's not supposed to be that difficult. The bumper and emissions regulations destroyed the market for British Leyland and the MG was history in the US in 1980. Instant classic!

posted by  Tony Mason

I see said the blind man. I thought '73 was the last year for steel (2.5 mph) bumpers and '74 was first year for rubber (5 mph). Maybe they got a waiver due to limited imports or something. Extremely nice cars at any rate.

posted by  vwhobo

I would love to own that MGBGT, one of the most handsome cars ever produced, in my opinion.

posted by  JDM Enthusiast

Your Message