Its pretty obvious......

Home  \  Off Topic  \  Its pretty obvious......

That BarvarianWheels is baised. He has now closed two threads related to an important event. If you really want to completely redeem your self VWhobo, then tell us why you claimed work that wasnt yours. I know this is going to be closed soon, lets see if Hobo can post here before its closed.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

I get the slight feeling this is going to turn into an off-topic battle just like the other threads...

posted by  Satty101

They are not and never were battles (between me and hobo). That is not what it is about.

EDIT: You know, I just wanted to say this. Even the dumbest of the dumbest should realize that Adam made Hobo leave. By that, you people should wake the f*ck up and come to realize that maybe this guy isn't what you think he is. I mean, damn, wake up & think about it.

posted by  DodgeRida67

ever thought that maybe not all of us think that guy is who he claims to be but we just dont care enough to pay any attention to his claims?

btw, something regarding wat bav said. i dont know if EVERYONE copy pastes... up to this day i havent copy pasted info from a site unless it was something about engine costs and such.... and even that i dont think i have copy pasted...

anyhow, getting to the point. dodge says that hobo copy pasted info AND CLAIMED IT TO BE HIS. the copy pasting part is fine, its the claiming part wat he wants to point out. if plagiarism was that simple, 5 students in my class wouldnt have gotten threatened to be kicked out of university forever the next time, and it wouldnt be a crime by law.

posted by  Inygknok

well, this belongs in off topic. i'll make it so. :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

I do think Bav is biased.

It's also extremely irritating what he does, chip in his $.02 which tends to be in the form of an insult, then close the thread after he's had the last word. There isn't even any pretense of neutrality. That's kind of irritating for a mod to do.

What I'm curious about now, is, will The Hobo come back and flame Bav? After all, he did flame quite a few mods for doing the same thing, or does it only work when he's not the one being criticized.

DR, while the obvious and proven copying and pasting of part 1 of that article is pretty shocking, I feel like you're asking the members of this forum to pick sides. The Hobo has called you an idiot, and you in turn have called him a plagiarist. Strangely (and almost embarassingly) enough, I do agree with SNiPeRViRuS. The score is 1 to 1. I don't know what else any of us can do. At this point I think we all just want to move past this. May we? :thumbs:

posted by  JaneiR36

I'll get to the bottom of this, for you seem to linger on a simple subject far to long. Whatever you have learned about anything, someone either taught it to you or you learned it from a texbook or other source. The answers did'nt just appear in your brain. You did'nt invent the information. It came from somwhere. Even if it was logical thinking, you got your logics from somwhere other than molecular air. So whats the difference between using a textbook that you learned from, and an internet source? Absolutley nothing...

Just like computers have notebooks, you have a brain. You copy things into a computers virtual memory notebook, you copy things into your brian. Only difference between the computer and your brain is that you type it when you use your brain and click a button with the computer. So until you create a new realtive theory, or find some new form of automotive science; you're using information that has allready been copied hundreds of times over. You did'nt make it, you learned it, thus you got it or copied it from somone else.

Now justification and claiming copy paste to be your own is fine; so long as the information is brief and you yourself understand what it was. Now an entire article is a different story.

As much as I'd like to see this dispute settled in a nice mannerly way like civilized men. I doubt thats going to happen anytime soon. So I'll stay out of it, but I will say this

To BavarianWheels:
You have let people discuss threads that held less valuble opinions towards your own persons where you were defamed, critisized, and mocked for your administrative actions. You mean to tell me you closed not 1 but 2 entire threads that held a valuble topic(that were in the General Chat[key word]). So you mean to tell me that the people who called you "hitler" have freedom to their opinion, but DodgeRida does not? Does he not have the right to have a civil topic with Hobo(DodgeRida and Hobo may have exchanged some flagrent fouls but they never got out of hand so don't give me that excuse). Tell me Bav, does he not have that right? Because if he does'nt, you had better get to start closing ALOT of other threads in here. I think this was the same topic in that other thread, the biased actions of moderators. Iregardless to how much you hated that thread, you did'nt close it. It held a point, a meaning of existance. Now that similar thread, hosted by those SAME "Teenie-Boppers", don't have the right to speak now? Is that what is it? Have the rules of engagement changed? Are we not allowed to have chat in a general chat section. Please YOU tell me. Even if you can somehow foil yourself to come up with an even half legitamate reasons for closing those 2 threads, I would like to hear them. I'm not going to pre-judge you, but I would surley like to know why. So please, BavarianWheels tell me why?

posted by  DSMer

You forgot to add what else makes it bad...
Telling people you wrote it & you didn't. When you get pointed out, try to make the person pointing you out to be a "character assassin." Try to make them out to be the liar. The list goes on.

posted by  DodgeRida67

We really need to stop turning on each other. It is as simple as that. We have brought up Bav's choices before, and did it take us anywhere? No. Is there really anything that would be gained if Hobo admited to doing what he is accused of? Not really, except for some type of spiritual reward for DR. Can we get anywhere by really attacking the members of this forum? No. We all need to realize, that this forum is about the cars, not the drivers. :thumbs:
Thats just what I think. :2cents:

posted by  StiMan

hey, i have an idea... stop making stupid threads that only bash on people...
geez.
i have an idea for all the people that feel that they have to bash on others... grow up and keep your negativity to your self or find another forum to do it in... to much flaming here! this forum used to be clean... oh, and flaming used to be modderated... why dont we start doing that again please?

posted by  mazda6man

No one is flaming. No one is bashing anyone. If you actually read my first post you would understand.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

it looks kinda like sarcasm with an attemp to make someone look bad... which is in a sense, a "crap talkin" type deal... might just look like that to me, but who knows

posted by  mazda6man

Too true. I guess DR is used to summarily admitting whenever he's wrong, so he can't see why the Hobo just won't do the same. However, it doesn't work like that in the real world. People screw up all the time, and the best you're gonna get is "I screwed up, so there! Now f*** off." Sometimes you won't even get that. You just have to let the evidence speak for itself and move on.

And DR, I don't think The Hobo was "turning" anything around on you. He was just being a jerk like he is a million and one times on this forum. I thought we were all used to it by now. Hell, I miss it already :orglaugh: I guess it's not quite so funny when you're the subject of his daily banter, but then he turns on someone else and it's fun as hell again. :laughing:

mazda6man, I guess I can totally see what you're saying. Especially since you've said the same thing when other people were being flamed. So at least there's the decency of consistency there... :thumbs:

posted by  JaneiR36

You're right, I did leave the threads open when people were questioning my choices as a mod. I left them open because I didn't want anyone to feel as though I was closing anyone's mouth in regard to me...I wanted to give everyone a fair shake, so to speak, at me and get it all of their chest. I did so and it ended.

I ended the topics regarding the flame war that is going on against vwhobo by a single member! Please note it is a personal war that began as such. It is a flame war that a few have jumped in on trying to make light of a moot subject. I would sooner believe vwhobo over DodgeRida67 on 99.9999% of subjects simply because DodgeRida67 has shown in the past what an idiot acts like. He's confessed to this himself. Other than calling a spade a spade...never attempting to veil his intentions...vwhobo's knowledge and expertise on the subject matter is greatly needed around here. IMHO.

I felt that the flame war had gone far enough. It was going in circles and heading no where, nor was it (or is it) edifying the nature of this forum.

I re-read the rules given to the mods by Adam. It states it is not our job to get involved in the flame wars. I'm guilty of this and I apologize as a mod.

It is also laid out in the rules that mods are to stop flame wars. PERIOD.

And in keeping with that rule. I now close this thread also.

Any other threads that I find continuing in this or any flaming type subject will now be closed with no explanation as none is needed from hence forth.

If one continues, I can only delete the posts/threads and refer their inability to comply to the admin. Any "disciplinary" actions taken will be solely by the admin of this forum.

posted by  BavarianWheels

On second thought...I'll leave it open until tomorrow so that you all can add comments. After tomorrow morning, it will close and a new day will dawn.
:thumbs:

Thats exaclty was I was looking for. Its ok Bav, no need to appologize. I do not hold you accountable for any misfortunates here. You area only human and I think that you should be allowed to voice your opinion, iregardless to the fact that you are a mod.

Anywhos, I do disagree with this individual thread here being a "flame war". While the topic does in-deed hold an opinion that could be pushed to "flaming". I have not seen any obtrusive, flagrent, or vulgar name calling yet. So how can this be flaming?

Also the fact you mentioned about the "flame war" being held up by one person is completly irrelivant. Just because you would rather believe the validity of one person over another does not, I repeat does not, justify it being nonsense, or banter. Thats your opinion, and to be a good leader you have to look at the subject at hand from different angles. Again, I'm not your superior, but I've been the moderator of quite a few online discussion realys. I feel that DogeRida is not getting his rights as a member of these forums. He has two pieces of evidence that support his theory, and he deserves an answer.

I don't care if you don't believe him or I don't beleive him. That is not your position nor mine to judge. If he were pulling this out of his rear end, that would be a completly different subject. Unfortunatley, thats not the case. He has evidence, and as in the real world; if you have evidence you are given the right to be heard out. So take aside your personal feelings about any of the subjects here or subject of matter. Then you tell me if he does'nt deserve the right to be heard.

I'm not in anyway siding with anyone. I simply feel that there is some biased mistreatment going on. So if you still feel that he does'nt deserve to be heard, after taking away all your personal connections to this subject at hand; then me talking any further would be beating the allready dead horse now would'nt it?(BavarianWheels, I shall take your next response and we will be done with this subject at hand)

posted by  DSMer

BavarianWheels told me thanks. I think Its pretty obvious that the love is beginning to flow more freely in this forum. We are all getting along.

look at this bitch...
http://www.designerstoolz.com/pic.gif

posted by  What

Apology accepted.

posted by  JaneiR36

X2

However, I too have to follow Bav's model and apologize myself. I have been in a few flame wars here and there, Egged them on and so on. So, I'm sorry for not following along with the rules. I'm very sure there's more too that I have done wrong (as to modship, not as a member). So, I'm sorry for all the things I have done wrong. :oops:

posted by  Satty101

I accept your apology. I think that DSmer has a point. It doesnt matter what you feel Mr. BaV, it is by the facts. This is also, in no way shape or form a "flame war" because I dont see anyone insulting or calling anyone any names. All we are talking about here is the topic at hand: an egotistical "leader"(<----major sarcasm), who has lied to the forums, and taken credit about work that wasnt his. I have also lied in the begining, but at least my age doesnt plagerize anyone elses work. These are the facts here people. If Mr. VolksWaGoN HoBo doesnt admit it, then who cares. The trully intelligent members will see the truth and will know the truth. Hopefully losing a little respect for an overrated member in the process.. Go ahead and close this thread, the truth is out there now. And if anyone ignores the painfully obvious evidence that has been out for a while, then they are what I like to call, fanboys and fangirls. ( well maybe not girls, i think we scared them all out of here with our unstoppable rudeness)

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

I personally don't particularly care if mods get involved in flame wars. Afterall, you're also members of the forum and might wish to express your opinions. However it just doesn't sit right when you express said opinion, and then shut down the thread. It's like you're the knight in shining armor who puts out the fire but only seconds after he's thrown some gas on it. It just seems rather fraudulent. :umh:

But back on topic, ya know what, Bav makes an excellent point. The Hobo is easily the most valuable member of this group, so we probably should all join him and sweep this under the rug.

I don't quite believe this is a flame war, either, just one person being criticized (but not yet to the extent of flaming, as DSMer has pointed out). I refer again to the fact that The Hobo himself does not agree with threads of this nature being shut down. He's proven to be able to handle himself just fine and does not need the extra help.

But right now I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth so I'll just hit send. :roll:

posted by  JaneiR36

I have defended the mods before. 3 Months ago, I left for my "Break" because of that conversation/ argument. I think that the mods can do what they deem needed. If they go to far than they need to say sorry. I accept any apology given by mods. Thats just me tho... :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

I think alot of people would like for that to happen. Not going to happen though. Not even to mention how wrong that would be.

posted by  DodgeRida67

I think it's a beat 'em or join 'em situation. IMO it's all politics :roll:

posted by  JaneiR36

Politics? On a forum? Do you really spend that much time here that you really consider it politics? :screwy:

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

I'll take my previous statement back just for you, dear. It's not politics. It's something I can't quite put my finger on. Can you please help me figure out what it might be? I just have no idea, my brain is all turning to mush, just trying to figure it out, whatever will I do? Please help me out, SNiPeRViRuS, won't you please?

Now that's sarcasm :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

No, I really dont want to help you figure it out. I would appreciate it if you didnt refer to me as "dear". However I would like you give you some advice. Unfourtunetly for you, this forum wouldnt allow me to say what I want to say to you. But I will tell you this: YOU NEED TO GET OF THE COMPUTER AND GO OUT AND MAKE SOME FRIENDS, because if you consider this politics you are, like i said before, crazy. :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

Oh and by the way I have more than 100 posts!!! I am a hypocrite, I just insulted you for having no life and then I realize that I spend waaay too much time here. :doh: Oh well, I have an excuse, I aint an adult. You are........... :thumbs:

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

And you are excused, dea... I'm sorry, you lovely CUTIE, you! You're so cute! Yes you are! :hi:

Here's what you're gonna do, why don't you pass English comprehension first, then come back and tell me what your definition of politics is? :thumbs: Quite understandably, you may not be able to help me out now like you said, but maybe you will then :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

Its not going to happen because you make it so, or do you just think it is just so strange that it physically cant happen? I wish it could just go away... :ohcrap:

posted by  StiMan

me too. :banghead:

posted by  SuperJew

What is really funny is that you are recomending me to go and learn enlish comprehension. At least I get my point out. You on the other hand........ :screwy:

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

whatever sweetie, you're still cute as a button :hi:

You're certainly missing the point, though. You're supposed to learn English comprehension so you can teach me, remember? You seem to be having some memory issues, here. How quickly do you forget that I desperately need your help in expressing myself!

posted by  JaneiR36

Lesson One: The Alphabet

Aa Bb Cc Dd Ee Ff Gg Hh Ii Jj Kk Ll Mm Nn Oo Pp Qq Rr Ss Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy Zz

Lesson Two: Capatilization

You must start every new sentence with a capitol letter.

I know you wanted reading comprehension, but since you are so weak in grammar, I felt we should start there.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

and your spelling lesson, even though i wanted comprehension, helps me with grammar, how? aww, hell. you didn't pass the class yet, did you? :banghead:

posted by  JaneiR36

How would I pass the class if I am the one teaching it?? Silly child, be quiet or no recces for you.

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

Lots of unqualified morons running around town, silly. I thought you'd at least know that...................

But I guess posing once as something you weren't just wasn't enough for you, now was it? :wink2:

posted by  JaneiR36

No, I guess it wasnt. But on the other hand, you finally used some proper grammar. :clap: now :fu:

posted by  SNiPeRViRuS

hey, no need to get profane now, Mr. Cutie McGutie. But then again, your frustration is typical of imbeciles who lack a basic understanding of their surroundings. Again, you are excused :wink2:

posted by  JaneiR36

What in the world is going on? Talk about a thread going waaaaay down hill... damn...

posted by  StiMan

yeah, seriously. you two sound like a bunch of 5-year-olds. stop the sh*t!

posted by  SuperJew

God forbid anyone goes off topic in an off topic forum............ :roll:

But yeah, I agree, the discussion is worthless. :laughing: But at this point, I wonder more about the uninvolved parties who are still following it..... :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

Ok...everyone's had an extra two days to say their peace on the topic...and it seems the topic has even gone off a bit.

The point of topics is to keep on topic. The Off-Topic forum is for topics that are "off". However, it is logical that each topic should remain on-topic.

Now this topic...as promised...is over. I think I have been more than reasonable now.

Your Message