I quit...

Home  \  Off Topic  \  I quit...

Those are the words I'll be saying to my boss tomorrow. I've only been working as a systems analyst for a year, but the frustration and aggravation is too great.

I'm going the foolish route, as I have nothing solid to fall back on, and an '03 Tib to pay for...but that's my choice, I guess. I'll find another job, and already have a few possibilities, so hopefully things will go well.

Has anyone else gone through this? How exactly would YOU approach your boss with the news? Fortunately, the two bosses I have are damn cool, and would probably understand. Still, it doesn't make it any easier :(

posted by  Rane

Are you unable to find a new job first? This is the best way to go in this economy.

No, I have never had to quit a job before. Good luck.

posted by  JaneiR36

I think I'd actually get another job first. I'm searching for a new one. I'm a grocery bagger. How fun of a job is that? :sleep:

But yeah, get another job secured before you quit. Hope you see this in time before you do anything rational.

posted by  Satty101

Thanks for the advice, and a special thanks for not raggin' on me about it. I mentioned this in another forum, and almost on cue people started saying "Personally, I would never hire you since you're leaving without warning."

Hullo, I never said "without warning" lol

Anyway, a few things have changed thanks to the generosity of my employers, so it should be a bit easier around here. I'll keep looking for something else (if only so I can get away from the hour long traffic commute, both ways, everyday), but at least I can tolerate this job while I'm looking.

posted by  Rane

It probably just goes to show you the difference in demographics, as far as the age and general "stage" of life of the posters. We are mostly young here, so we're probably the ones doing the scut work so we understand why someone might want to leave their job.

On the other hand, if you're talking to mostly managers or otherwise older (or should I say "wiser") workers, they'd be looking at it from a managerial stand-point as far as who they would or wouldn't hire.

Anyway, good luck. This probably doesn't help you any, I just thought it was interesting :laughing:

posted by  JaneiR36

Your Message